Tricky farang in a Lambo! Egg seller claims foreigner switched drivers after accident

webfact

48 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are vehicles in Thailand only permitted to be operated using the original tyres?    What are "racing tyres" anyway and which pictures are you looking at that show them in enough detail for you to determine their purpose?

Expand  

racing tyres are tyres for ... wait for it .... racing! ????

fatter, wider and lower profile. possibly even a different rubber compound. for when you want to track your Rexxy or Supra on the weekends. or when an old Datto LOL.

oh, and there very, very expensive. 

Yes, I know.  My point was, where did it say that the pickup was fitted with those "racing tyres"?!

40 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If you have a new policy you will be required to have it photographed. If it's a continuous policy, with the same insurer, then no. But in the event of an accident the original photo's will be used to check for modifications.  Insurers ain't gonna cough up if they don't have to.

I can only assume that the dealership handled this as the cars came with the first year insurance free.... But, we have switched across to different insurance companies after the first year...  No photo... its just not something I’ve encountered (apart from once).

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The article quotes 1,385 eggs....

..... valued at 190,000 Baht....  I want to know what eggs are worth 137 baht each !!! 

Webfact's version says "trays".

That changes things.... I want to know where I can get eggs for 55 baht per dozen !!! 

[edit - my dumb a44 maths was ar4e about t!t !!]

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Traffic accidents victims are not treated free in Thailand. Hence why the driver paid her 6,000 Baht. She had NO insurance, not even the Por Ror Bor or that would have covered her medical bill. She should not have been out on the road. I can't speak for him other than he seemed to have been aware of his responsibility.

Seems you do not know much about Thailand ;), she saw a 35 million baht car, its now time to suck as much money as possible.

With compulsory insurance, you pay, they reimburse, unless hospital has a direct billing with insurance company.

What she did not account for is because its  35 million baht car, very likely owner also has enough money for the lawyers and police and if they start to dig, they may  end up finding out there were less eggs or it can also turn out to be her fault, many unforeseen scenarios can develop when someone has access to this kind of money

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

What she did not account for is because its  35 million baht car, very likely owner also has enough money for the lawyers and police and if they start to dig, they may  end up finding out there were less eggs or it can also turn out to be her fault, many unforeseen scenarios can develop when someone has access to this kind of money

Gawd...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

racing tyres are tyres for ... wait for it .... racing! ????

fatter, wider and lower profile. possibly even a different rubber compound. for when you want to track your Rexxy or Supra on the weekends. or when an old Datto LOL.

oh, and there very, very expensive. 

and they very very arent racing slicks or wets

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Seems you do not know much about Thailand ;), she saw a 35 million baht car, its now time to suck as much money as possible.

With compulsory insurance, you pay, they reimburse, unless hospital has a direct billing with insurance company.

Er, ok.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BestB said:

She didn't pay but the other driver coughed up 6,000 baht to cover her injuries it appears to me. Obvious she didn't have Por Ror Bor insurance or the PRB would have been suffice. She should not have been driving full stop. She's now trying to cover her ass.

32 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

She didn't pay but the other driver coughed up 6,000 baht to cover her injuries it appears to me. Obvious she didn't have Por Ror Bor insurance or the PRB would have been suffice. She should not have been driving full stop. She's now trying to cover her ass.

If she did not have compulsory insurance car would not be registered 

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

If she did not have compulsory insurance car would not be registered 

Registration goes with the Green Book, insurance is paid annually if you pay the road tax renewal.

But if the pictured ISUZU is her truck, it looks new, and has a road tax sticker, if I am not mistaken...

1 minute ago, NightSky said:

Driving such an eggtravagant vehicle the cops are going to eggsajurate the fine for sure and the ferrrang will likely end up with egg on his face after this..

Eggsiting stuff!

That's no yolk, I can tell you, and it cracked me up all white, and lucky she wasn't beaten to a pulp and whisked away.

No doubt she can hatch another story in order to feather her nest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone else, have you had insurance come out to take a photo of your car at the beginning or renewal of your policy ?

Yes, it was when I first took out the policy on my low end Vios which cost only about 600k Baht.

I had purchased it new 1 year before and it came with a policy from the dealer, when I went to the broker they told me to bring the car with me because they needed to take photographs.

They photographed it from every angle. This was about 9 years ago and I've just renewed it with the same company every year since - they never asked for photos again, only the first time.

In Hua Hin.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 1