Tricky farang in a Lambo! Egg seller claims foreigner switched drivers after accident

webfact

On 9/22/2022 at 10:30 AM, AsianAtHeart said:

The very fact that a foreigner would be treated differently than a Thai for doing the same thing speaks volumes.  No wonder they traded places.

So true. That is the first thing that came to my mind when I read about the driver switch. Any developed country the penalty would be the same. 

On 9/22/2022 at 5:06 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You've never seen a D-Max pickup (or comparable) driven by a woman?   You get out much?

By woman "truckie" I meant female commercial truck driver, but good post.

Of course I have seen a lady with a family use D-Max/ pickup, not with a large cargo bed insert hauling a commercial load. Probably  more common in rural areas

Bangkok Airways pilot - One, Very butch, not very friendly> Heard some on the radio

Woman boat captain - Nothing bigger than a river market canoe. Some cultural superstition?

Lady bus or water taxi driver - Never seen they are always taking fares or guides

Thailand trains - Not much experience

"Lady cab driver" - The Best 

On 9/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, transam said:

Registration goes with the Green Book, insurance is paid annually if you pay the road tax renewal.

But if the pictured ISUZU is her truck, it looks new, and has a road tax sticker, if I am not mistaken...

Registration for car is a blue book, green is for bikes. To have current rego must have  current compulsory. can not have current rego without the insurance.

In most cases, driver is expected to pay for treatment and then insurance reimburses, from memory up to 15 000-18 000 baht in medical fees.

I am willing to bet many locals do not know about this. To me it sounds like Lambo guy was willing to pay to end it there, so paid her medical( which he did not have to) and paid for her eggs.

To me also, it is logical that the sum he paid had to come from her mouth, as i doubt he would have estimated 100 000 out of thin air and she also did accept it.

Later she possibly realized or someone suggested it to her to try to scam more since its a 35 000 000 baht car.

The irony is, the damage to Lambo is worth even more than her demand for the eggs. just the wheel alone is close to 100 000????

Would be interesting to know how it worked out in the end. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 2:48 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

B'locks.

Typical mistake frang make. They think all it takes is money.

Once lawyers get involved and the media buying your way out becomes near impossible.

The egg lady is not some farm hand (no disrespect meant) that will lie down quietly

She's obviously a well healed intellegent business woman.

In short the Lambo guy is in deep doo-doo and it will cost him plenty.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanlic said:

In short the Lambo guy is in deep doo-doo and it will cost him plenty.

There have been innumerable instance of wealthy drivers at fault not being pursued by the law. Some fork out a chunk of cash and the complaint goes away.... I feel it is naïve to expect justice always to be done. Here we have what appears to be an attempt to pervert justice. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/22/2022 at 10:30 AM, AsianAtHeart said:

The very fact that a foreigner would be treated differently than a Thai for doing the same thing speaks volumes.  No wonder they traded places.

Treated differently how?

I've had a fair few accidents here. It's no biggie.

You get a 500 baht fine for careless driving and you compensate the victim and your insurance pays for their vehicle damage.

Like, the guy is driving a Lambo for god's sake. Why all the panic switching seats? I am sure he could afford a lawyer, not that it would be necessary for a simple thing like this.