Tricky farang in a Lambo! Egg seller claims foreigner switched drivers after accident

webfact

23 hours ago, webfact said:

This didn't compensate the lady fully and she was concerned that she'd have to return this when the insurance claim came through,

So really this is just as usual about the money she'll get, why bother to report about swapping drivers, just because that happened don't mean she should get more dosh, but i'm sure she'll give it a go. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

23 hours ago, webfact said:

It was decided that Apiwat, who was on police documents as the driver of the Lamborghini, would pay 100,000 baht for the loss of the eggs up front.

That's a lot to Shell out init. At least they didn't Chicken out and do a runner. ok i'll get my hat.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So we are openly admitting the punishment for a foreigner would be substantially different to that a Thai would receive?

No. We're openly "admitting" that people who try to pervert the court of justice are treated substantially different to one that doesn't.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

No. We're openly "admitting" that people who try to pervert the court of justice are treated substantially different to one that doesn't.

Yeah, that is why the egg seller did it, to prevent a perversion of justice, she doesn't want any extra money! Naive as a 4 year old! Go back and read the OP yourself and get back to us!.

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

I'm confused. You find the eggs expensive because you can find them for the same price?

The confusion is real as she didnt claim the price she paid - she claimed the price she was going to sell them for .... :thumbsup:

I hate those overloaded pickup trucks in general.

95% of them permanently block the fast lane on the highways with their slow speed. They never change lanes for faster vehicles

even if the left lane is free.

And then force the faster vehicles to overtake on the left, which is risky and actually forbidden. They force other drivers to do a traffic violation that they really don't want to do.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Amazing, can afford a Lambo but not the dosh to stump up for the accident.

I hope they bang him up in the Hilton.

When involved in an accident leave it to the insurers to deal with it. That's why you have them. The guy covered her hospital bill as far as I believe. In my book he's done nothing wrong. Her, that's a different matter, she appears to have no insurance from my understanding and therefore shouldn't have been on the road.  Whether he change seats has to be confirmed. I'll wait for that confirmation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

When involved in an accident leave it to the insurers to deal with it. That's why you have them. The guy covered her hospital bill as far as I believe. In my book he's done nothing wrong. Her, that's a different matter, she appears to have no insurance from my understanding and therefore shouldn't have been on the road.  Whether he change seats has to be confirmed. I'll wait for that confirmation. 

Lambo bloke did nothing wrong, well who bashed into the birds truck......?

If the bird had the Gov insurance, she can be on the road....

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, webfact said:

Then it emerged from the driver of the other vehicle that a foreigner in a green shirt had got out of the driver's seat and a Thai who was wearing black

Racism at its finest. Assuming a white guy is foreign, purely on his skin colour. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Lambo bloke did nothing wrong, well who bashed into the birds truck......?

If the bird had the Gov insurance, she can be on the road....

Have you got confirmation as to who hit who? Apparently a 6,000 Baht sum was given to her, lets say, for medical expenses. If she had the Por Ror Bor insurance she'd be covered. So with her being offered 6,000 Baht I'd go for the fact she didn't have it and therefore shouldn't have been on the road. All speculation but it's what I believe and what I think. Up to you how you interpret it.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, that is why the egg seller did it, to prevent a perversion of justice, she doesn't want any extra money! Naive as a 4 year old! Go back and read the OP yourself and get back to us!.

What on earth does that have to do with the line you originally quoted?

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Amazing, can afford a Lambo but not the dosh to stump up for the accident.

Why should he pay at all if the accident was not his fault. 

He may have given her 6000 baht and paid 100,000 baht for the eggs simply out of benevolence. 

I can afford a 2 Million Baht car...  but if an idiot on a motorcycle or pickup causes an accident I’m not going to ‘just stump up the dosh for the accident’ because I can afford it.... that ideology is outrageously stupid. 

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

I hope they bang him up in the Hilton.

Why?.... why would you ‘hope’ someone ends up in a horrific prison over such a minor indiscretion as swapping driver after an accident where there were no severe injuries ?

IF the driver was proven drunk and found to have swapped, then fair enough. But....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 3:57 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Seems like its just me (out of the responders so far)...   strange how experiences can vary so much... 

Could it be a Bangkok thing where insurance doesn’t bother to take the photo ?

Its certainly not restricted to company as I’ve switched and changed insurance with various cars. 

Possibly, mine is in Pattaya, I changed Insurance companies and the new company sent someone round to the Condo to take a few photos.

Not an expensive car, 2006 Fortuner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Have you got confirmation as to who hit who? Apparently a 6,000 Baht sum was given to her, lets say, for medical expenses. If she had the Por Ror Bor insurance she'd be covered. So with her being offered 6,000 Baht I'd go for the fact she didn't have it and therefore shouldn't have been on the road. All speculation but it's what I believe and what I think. Up to you how you interpret it.

None of us have confirmation of the circumstances of the accident, but we do know Mr. Lambo was quick to put his hands in his pocket, would you if you were innocent...?      :whistling:

Then we have the driver "change", now why was that...?     :whistling:

To me, Mr. Lambo wanted to get out of there, S.A.P.   :whistling:

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Mr. Lambo was quick to put his hands in his pocket, would you if you were innocent...?

6,000 Baht is chicken feed to someone who drives a Lamborghini. He was probably quick to help the woman because if she didn't have the Por Ror Bor insurance she'd have had to pay in full before leaving the hospital. Also she may not have had the 6,000 Baht? Plenty of answers and plenty of questions to come.

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

6,000 Baht is chicken feed to someone who drives a Lamborghini. He was probably quick to help the woman because if she didn't have the Por Ror Bor insurance she'd have had to pay in full before leaving the hospital. Also she may not have had the 6,000 Baht? Plenty of answers and plenty of questions to come.

I think you are siding wiv Mr. Lambo.....????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you are siding wiv Mr. Lambo.....

Not really. I just think there's 2 sides to all stories. Until the truth comes out it's all speculation. And in the end we're not going to know the full SP. It's a dead story from the start posted by the forum for our entertainment. Same goes for the Pit Bull thread.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1