Why does Pattaya get flooded so easily?

juiso

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

That water level isn't exactly what I would cal "trapped."  Perhaps that's what you told the missus.  ???? 

That was after the rain when it started to drop, if you look at the videos you'll see how deep it was and on a motorbike you're risking it

On 9/23/2022 at 3:06 PM, flynn said:

If all the building had gutters and downpipes connected to the storm water drains it would keep a lot off the streets, 

It often bursts back up again like a water spout in lower areas, saw that a lot over on the darkside. 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, Leaver said:

That's exactly what I thought they were doing.  Obviously not. 

If that was the case no need for big pipes along Beach Rd. I assume they are trying to put all water through the facility beside Walking Street entrance. Perhaps they should have an overflow system to handle excess water during heavy downpours and send it straight out to sea.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that was the case no need for big pipes along Beach Rd. I assume they are trying to put all water through the facility beside Walking Street entrance. Perhaps they should have an overflow system to handle excess water during heavy downpours and send it straight out to sea.

Where does the water come out in the sea? is it just the 2-3 small pipes near walking st, if so then it's never going to work

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Where does the water come out in the sea? is it just the 2-3 small pipes near walking st, if so then it's never going to work

No. It's dirty great big ones on the seaward side of the smelly building just before the bar complex beside Walking St entrance.

They obviously can't handle a large downpour though.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No. It's dirty great big ones on the seaward side of the smelly building just before the bar complex beside Walking St entrance.

They obviously can't handle a large downpour though.

they looked too small to me to handle all that water, based on the flooding I'd say I'm right

On 10/9/2022 at 9:37 PM, scubascuba3 said:

That was after the rain when it started to drop, if you look at the videos you'll see how deep it was and on a motorbike you're risking it

The huge pipes they are installing under some roads and sois should be able to handle heavy and prolonged rain, if they remain clear, but it appears they need more of them, in more locations, and directed out to sea. 

As mentioned, certain sois like Soi Pothole and Soi Honey need them, but if going on construction behind The Avenue is any gauge, it would devastate business on these sois for months. 

Also, I believe Soi Pothole is privately owned, which means the local government may have to force permission to dig up the road and install one of these huge pipes underneath.  

On 10/11/2022 at 12:25 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If there is a bottle neck caused by larger pipes feeding into smaller pipes, there's going to be a problem. 

They need a large pipe out to sea, or a lot more smaller pipes out to sea, fed by the larger pipes. 

On 10/20/2022 at 5:55 PM, Leaver said:

If there is a bottle neck caused by larger pipes feeding into smaller pipes, there's going to be a problem. 

They need a large pipe out to sea, or a lot more smaller pipes out to sea, fed by the larger pipes. 

They need a huge pipe at the end of every soi opening onto Beach Rd going directly out to sea. By all means put a grill to catch rubbish as long as it gets cleaned. Make them operational only at times the normal pipes going through the station by Walking Street can't cope.