Thailand Seriously Bids to host Expo 2028 in Phuket

snoop1130

The “Expo 2028 – Phuket, Thailand” would bring about economic benefits, cause the circulation of 49.23 billion baht, increase the value of the gross domestic product by 39.36 billion baht, generate 9.51 billion baht in the government’s revenue and create 113,439 jobs, Mr Anucha said.

I'm going to call bull on those figures - especially the new jobs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Good for you.

Expo 2020 was estimated to create 275,000 jobs.  I am sure this would not be nearly as big as what was built in Dubai, so 117,000 doesn't seem far fetched at all.  It is not only the construction but all the support industries to support it.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/uae-expo-2020-creating-thousands-of-jobs-in-dubai-industry-experts

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

The “Expo 2028 – Phuket, Thailand” would bring about economic benefits, cause the circulation of 49.23 billion baht, increase the value of the gross domestic product by 39.36 billion baht, generate 9.51 billion baht in the government’s revenue and create 113,439 jobs, Mr Anucha said.

Of course..it's rubbish.....but a precursor for getting finance....

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yep. Guarantee that such events extend little benefit to the working classes. 

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Yep. Guarantee that such events extend little benefit to the working classes. 

Of course it does.  Construction workers for one.  There would also be infrastructure development.  Tens of thousands of people needed to actually create the Expo.

Then the Expo itself would bring in millions of visitors meaning everyone benefits from hotel staff, restaurant owners, food sellers, beach vendors, drivers.

Why do you imagine that building and servicing an entire Expo of that scale would not benefit ordinary people?  

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Give the man a break. He's angling for a Directorship with TAT.