Most Gen-Zers Prefer Chadchart As Post-Election PM: Rangsit Poll

webfact

image.jpeg

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

MOST GEN-Z PEOPLE have been found to prefer Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt become prime minister after the next general election.

According to an opinion poll conducted by Rangsit University political scientist Thamrongsak Petlert-anand among a total of 707 Gen-Z respondents between Sept. 7 and Sept. 16, 43.1% prefers Chadchart who won over 1.3 million votes from among Bangkokians in May’s gubernatorial election become head of the post-election government.

Chadchart has earlier declined to comment whether he might ever quit as Bangkok governor in the wake of possibilities of his being named head of the post-election government as had been the case in the 2019 election. The Bangkok governor was among a trio of Pheu Thai candidates for head of government in the previous election.

The recent poll has found Progressive Movement leader/former Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit as a second choice to assume the top post of government with 22.1% of the Gen-Z respondents, followed by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra with 14.6%, Move Forward party leader Pita Limjaroenrat with 12.8% and Thaksin’s youngest daughter/Pheu Thai Family head Paetongtarn Shinawatra with 4.7%.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/23/most-gen-zers-prefer-chadchart-as-post-election-pm-rangsit-poll/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

People want youth.

Who have no history, nor real study of history. Bring in the the young and let them make the same promises that Banharn Silpa-archa and Chavalit Yongchaiyudh made.  Maybe they'll even be able to let their corrupt benefactors run wild like Thaksin and Yingluck did.

I'm not saying the 'Generals' are ideal. I'm saying people should not be so naïve to think the "youth" should get their way.

I also think us foreigners should butt-out of Thai politics.  

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Who have no history, nor real study of history. Bring in the the young and let them make the same promises that Banharn Silpa-archa and Chavalit Yongchaiyudh made.  Maybe they'll even be able to let their corrupt benefactors run wild like Thaksin and Yingluck did.

I'm not saying the 'Generals' are ideal. I'm saying people should not be so naïve to think the "youth" should get their way.

If you have bothered to study Thai history, you'd likely be of the opinion that no history is better than way too much. We already know what the dinosaurs will do, over and over and over again. How could what the youth choose be any worse than this corrupt mob of unelected military men? 

As to your contention that "foreigners should butt-out of Thai politics", what exactly are you referring to? It's clear you will be in trouble if as a foreigner you become directly involved in Thai politics. It's your opinion that foreigners shouldn't even be so bold as to express an opinion about it? This tendency to leave those who have wielded power for their own benefit for years in place over any possible change is pitiful. Be men, not mice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Well, most Thais I talk to want someone youthful. Everyone is so sick of the dinosaur crew. Why not? Most would prefer a younger leader. After all, how much experience did Prayuth and Prawit have, and look where it has gotten us. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He certainly would shake things up a bit... 

Perhaps he would....or maybe not. 

Does seem to be the current slobbered over fashion from opposition circles. I might take suspicion just because of the overnight sensation.

Pita Limjaroenrat, Rangsiman Rome or [if he's still not banned] Thanathorn Juangroongrauangkit of the Move Foraward Party are all quite viable candidates. 

A couple of veteran leaders of the [Isaan] Commoners Party should be thrown in the mix as well. Don't receive the press, which is the downside. 

A number of well established and popular political/social activists could easily fit into the pot - but highly unlikely to succeed, as they're considered to be much to progressive, enlightened and radical for the system [still controlled by Ammat and traditional circles]. 

The reality - come May of next year, nothing will change. 

The traditional Boys Club of Dinosaurs will find a way......by legitimate or corrupted manners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

But it will be the Thai peoples choice to make and not us foreigners.

The generals and the military have been a blight on Thailand since 1932. They need reeling in and a full and thorough overhaul to take place. Exactly the same for the civil service .

YOU may think that the youth are naive and should NOT have their way, but THEY are the future of Thailand.

If you as a foreigner wish to "butt-out" of Thai politics then please do so. Many of us here have Thai wives, children, families, friends, houses and businesses in Thailand.

To so many of us, Thailand IS our home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1