Foreigner praised for cutting the grass... locals ask why can't Thais do that?

RandolphGB

1 hour ago, Road Warrior said:

got work permit ????????

No.

Most Thais at least in rural Thailand aren't bothered about it and there is nothing in it for the police, so they don't bother either. The Immigration people know but aren't interested either.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

So.. he could be doing it simply for better visibility / safety at the junction to his area. 

And once it's been cleared....someone will see the opportunity to erect a bloody great sign. no doubt !????

On 9/30/2022 at 12:18 PM, josephbloggs said:

Why would they key his car?   Never heard of a Thai keying a car, that only happens in Bootle.

I Know who it was too, He's name is DEZZER He Used to live off Marsh Lane Bootle, But He Doesn't do it now as he's living in Udon Thani & Is The IDIOT Of www.udonmap.com !!

On 9/30/2022 at 7:27 AM, JeffersLos said:

The locals will probably show their appreciation by keying his car or throwing their rubbish bags into his garden. 

I must be missing something here.... this is just a stupidly retarded comment....  

Locals keying a foreigners car because he’s cutting the grass ?

Throwing rubbish bags in a foreigners garden because he’s cutting the grass ?

... thats a portion of seriously distorted sideways thinking with a side of ‘chip on the shoulder’....  ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I must be missing something here.... this is just a stupidly retarded comment....  

Locals keying a foreigners car because he’s cutting the grass ?

Throwing rubbish bags in a foreigners garden because he’s cutting the grass ?

... thats a portion of seriously distorted sideways thinking with a side of ‘chip on the shoulder’....  ????

There's a thread on here from a guy in a village, he used his own money to clear the village green with a JCB and put down grass, and had a children's playground built. 

The first night of the new grass the locals got all their rubbish and piled it high in the middle, and used it as a tip. 

He got sick and they broke up the playground. Some of the women came to visit him, not to see if he was okay, but to ask him when he's going to pay to fix the playground. 

Maybe you read it, maybe you didn't. I believe it had to be deleted due to all the photo documentation and the defamation computer crime laws and it was a risk to his freedom and safety. 

6 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

There's a thread on here from a guy in a village, he used his own money to clear the village green with a JCB and put down grass, and had a children's playground built. 

The first night of the new grass the locals got all their rubbish and piled it high in the middle, and used it as a tip. 

He got sick and they broke up the playground. Some of the women came to visit him, not to see if he was okay, but to ask him when he's going to pay to fix the playground. 

Maybe you read it, maybe you didn't. I believe it had to be deleted due to all the photo documentation and the defamation computer crime laws and it was a risk to his freedom and safety. 

No... I didn’t see that thread... 

But, I’d hazard a guess that it wasn’t the benevolent act which upset the locals - more to the story ?

On 9/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, RandolphGB said:

There were lots of comments on the post, with locals wondering why no Thais had taken it upon themselves to cut the grass and keep things looking tidy. 

"Why didn't another Thai do this?  All the other Thais are so lazy... ????"

Always so close.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:25 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

Thailand requires a work permit just to volunteer.

And out of all the country bumpkins who saw him working how many would  know he needs a 'work permit' and where to report him? Nothing in it for them to justify them shopping him anyway.  Dunno

• Thumbs Up 1