Health Insurance For Expat Us Citizen Visiting The Us?

funlovinkid

I'm American, retired, currently living in Bangkok since 2006. I'm planning to go back to the U.S. for a few weeks in early July, and I need to obtain travel and health insurance coverage for the duration of time that I'm there. My current health insurance policy through BUPA does not provide any coverage while I'm in the U.S. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good insurance company which will provide temporary coverage under these circumstances?

Many thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you, in that i'm retired and expat living here in LOS, on local BUPA [which excludes US coverage] and i have made several trips back to US over the years and have never had any health insurance requirements come up for me or never been asked. Who is requiring it??

Notify Michael Moore!!!!

Bupa offers a rider for travel insurance. They have 3 levels of coverage and priced accordingly. For 2 weeks the rate varies from approx. 500 to 1500 baht depending on the level. Check out the Bupa website.

It is not required, but like all insurance it is good to have.

• 2 months later...
I'm American, retired, currently living in Bangkok since 2006. I'm planning to go back to the U.S. for a few weeks in early July, and I need to obtain travel and health insurance coverage for the duration of time that I'm there. My current health insurance policy through BUPA does not provide any coverage while I'm in the U.S. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good insurance company which will provide temporary coverage under these circumstances?

Many thanks!

We can offer several different quotations depending on your needs. PLease look at  http://insurance.thaivisa.com/  for details.