Problem with my Everest - can anyone identify the issue?

Batty

24 minutes ago, Batty said:

Thanks for all the replies chaps, appreciate it.  Too mnay to reply to each one individually, so I will just answer a couple things here.

Its a diesel, I should have said. Also, there are a few people here that seem to be hating on Ford? There must be a reason why they are saying that, Im sure. But honestly mine has been absolutely fine. This is the first problem I have had in 6 years. I havent even changed the break pads yet or even a wiper blade. I have been all over Thailand doing road trips and used to put the back seats down flat and throw a bed in there, along with a power source, laptop, jesus even a little LED lamp lol, so whenever I got tired on a long drive I would just stop at a petrol station and jump in the back for 4 or 5 hours, all while leaving the engine running and air con on full. I must have done that 50 times (i dont anymore) never caused a problem.

I still drives like it is new, as far as I can tell (apart from the recent juddering thing)

Its been a brilliant car, honestly.

It's good we have an expert who knows his stuff in Hautpmann so take note and use when you go to Ford or whoever. ????

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I had what sounds like the same problem with my Triton at a similar mileage. Turned out to be the suction control valve, scv.

The suction control valve (AKA fuel metering control valve) controls the fuel rail pressure and is a 'wear item' and can indeed cause problems. Most typically the car struggles to start or goes into limp mode. Really the OP needs to get some live data to narrow down the likely culprits.

• Like 1

Must be a real expert if they can diagnose a car problem over the forum with the only description being is judders?

Take the mechanic out for a ride and actually show them what it is doing.

It could be a  100 different things and short of running a full diagnostic test, all these forum typewriter mechanics are just guessing

Edited by KIngsofisaan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Must be a real expert if they can diagnose a car problem over the forum with the only description being is judders?

It could be a  100 different things and short of running a full diagnostic test, all these forum typewriter mechanics are just guessing

Broadly speaking you're correct. Diagnosis at a distance is very difficult although there are various common 'stock faults' which affect certain models. The OP did ask for some pointers and that's what people have attempted to give, but at the end of the day its going to need a competent mechanic interpreting live data to resolve it.

8 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Which is why I and others suggested a test drive with Pro level scanner attached to get Live Data

Then you WILL know - if you can operate the scanner properly.

16 minutes ago, seedy said:

Which is why I and others suggested a test drive with Pro level scanner attached to get Live Data

Then you WILL know - if you can operate the scanner properly.

Yes, even though I talk drivel, a scanner is the way to go (workshop manual helps).

Even though I don't have one of these cars, I changed most sensors, cleaned injectors, replaced plugs and leads, plus fuel filter. Problem was the car computer or ECU. I found it from the scanner, where as 2 mechanic places failed to find the problem.