How will life in Thailand change when the COVID state of emergency ends this month?

webfact

43 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hopefully all corrupted people will give themselves up to corrupted police who in turn will give themselves up to corrupted politicians who in turn will leave for far off lands never to return.

Back then to normal as we know it rinse and repeat ???? 

If that happened life in Thailand would no longer be normal for it's citizens!

• Like 1

Back to ' normality ' might also mean back to 40 mio tourists or even more per year .

High Inflation in western countries makes Thailand and it's still quite low prices more attractive as well .

The war in Ukraine is helping Thailand in this regard too .

More Russians f.E. and more jobs for thais in the tourist industry ...

A big boom in tourists will affect about everyone here is some way , hopefully for the better ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhonKaenLive said:

It's been normal for me since they dropped the mask mandate. Just hope it goes for the kids too. Masks in school is stupid. 

BUT....
The National Communicable Disease Committee has ruled that “DMHT” – distancing, mask-wearing, handwashing, and testing – rules are enough to control the spread of COVID-19.

Thais will continue to wear masks because it's a cultural thing. Aliens such as us will not. Pretty much the same as now,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The COVID downgrade and lifting of the emergency decree will bring a further and significant easing of restrictions.

Would be surprised to see 2023 overseas arrivals @ 50% of pre-covid stats.

Long way to go, given 'real' unemployment level, loss of purchasing power due to loss of income coupled with inflation.

• Like 2

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

its not being selfish, its just personal choice?

It is debatable. Would you say the same carried over to say smoking? Is a person who smokes near you, where it is permitted, being selfish or not? 

I can't or even should not want to, impose my will on others, so I am free to move away. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhonKaenLive said:

It's been normal for me since they dropped the mask mandate. Just hope it goes for the kids too. Masks in school is stupid. 

yes dropped the need for masks but if i go out without one ..im the only one ..shops..markets ..schools its as if covid is still at its peak ..i feel i need to wear one just to blend in ...