How will life in Thailand change when the COVID state of emergency ends this month?

webfact

6 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Did it? Okay thanks for the update. So we don't need insurance anymore then?

No, stopped in July also.  From 1 Oct entry is the same as pre-covid, nothing to show.

In fact even better, no TM6 entry card required either. Just passport and boarding pass.

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

For those of us living in Thailand I think it’s pretty meaningless. (My) life is as normal as it was before. For Thai people generally on a day to day basis I don’t see how things will change much either.

The reality aspect that the media and authorities don't recognize nor ever will. 

Yet, this manufactured sensationalism, repeated loud and often enough, is the reality that we're supposed to be following. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

For those of us living in Thailand I think it’s pretty meaningless. (My) life is as normal as it was before. For Thai people generally on a day to day basis I don’t see how things will change much either.

Still have to wear the st*pid mask in too many places. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't read the forum much do you.  We've been called 'murdering scum', more than a few times.  'My body, my choice' goes over a few folks' head on the forum.

Oh, I do read the forum you know that!  Your comment just made my point!  Who really give a flying F, what they call people or you have you not heard of the saying "  sticks and stones  "  this guy is a idiot so is every hair dye Thai in government.

Some people make a mountain out of nothing. Whether it goes over anybody head is their business go on with your life for cry out loud. Many here got their choice not to wear be happy about that!

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That and ignore list ????

Ignore list!  that is your choice my choice to comment back is you pretty sensitive I can see why people choosing to wear mask bothers you?  Some point in everyone life no matter how young or old got to grow up! You can't control everyone even by using the ignore!????

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm a Brit and would definitely not want to be there now. Except for the pubs. I miss the beer selection.

I would sooner be in a pub in Bangkok, than one in the UK any day.

Fantastic bars in Bangkok

16 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

We got covid. Didn't much care for it. Might not have made it without my jabs and reduced viral load due to mask use.

I had it twice, the original version before the jabs or masks were in use   and then again after 3 jabs and constant mask wearing I got what i think was the Omicon version.  Nether was remarkable or any worse than mild influenza., I'm  60 year old smoker,  much ado about nothing as far as i am concerned

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The reality aspect that the media and authorities don't recognize nor ever will. 

Yet, this manufactured sensationalism, repeated loud and often enough, is the reality that we're supposed to be following. 

Yeah because it was never real anyway right?

Covid or not a total forgotten fact is the ongoing war in the Ukraine and that the Russians are preparing to use (tactical) nuclear weapons.

when they start to use these weapons all around the globe will suffer, get sick and the changes are that the world as we know it will have ended.

The action to stop this is done by something we all have in our power and that is also to make that we have a life after Covid. The action is a buyers boycott by stopping to buy Chinese goods, products and services. There is not direct way to put pressure on Russia to stop. But when the media is correct about this boycott it seems that that this pressure works in the Countries, they are doing this. China is now more and more putting pressure on Russia not to use NBC as well to release all land back to Ukraine.

We also see many countries refuse Russians to enter and tell them to solve the problem in Russia to end the war. Because that also makes an end to go abroad. Tourists are also not allowed to enter and have to stay in Russia to celebrate their vacations as long as there is the War against Ukraine.

As long a Russian are able to leave the country the Russian who are leaving make that the once who are left behind will become more extremer. Become more extremer because they have no other opinion that counters the stories and do things we cannot prevent. When they stay in Russia, they will provide the counter vision as well will make that all gets to an end and stopped.

When Governments do not allow then to come and have to stay in Russia for as long as the War is going on and the territory of Ukraine that has been occupied is returned to Ukraine and under Ukraine control. When the Consumers stop buying until there is peace again and Ukraine has got back all of its territory then we will have an end of this Russian started war soon as well that we hopefully not have to face the Bacterial, Chemical and Nuclear (NBC) problems when these kinds of weapons are used by Russia.

Post war and then have the NBC problems to deal with this. one can better prevent them from happening.

Therefore a Post Covid society will mean nothing when once has to face and solve the problems caused by NBC weapons Russia started used

Edited by Autonuaq

4 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You mean the fear that someone is trying to control you with a mask. Look at yourself!

It's not an unfounded fear.  It's a reality.  See the excerpt below from this ARTICLE which quotes Dr. Fauci on the matter.

“One of the issues … it’s less about mandates on the plane than it is about who has the right and the authority and the capability of making public health decisions,” Fauci said. “And I believe that the Department of Justice is operating on the principle that decisions that are public health decisions belong with the public health agency — in this case, the CDC.”

4 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It's not an unfounded fear.  It's a reality.  See the excerpt below from this ARTICLE which quotes Dr. Fauci on the matter.

Thanks but no thanks. I’m not concerned about protecting myself and others with a simple mask. I’m more concerned with the mental state of those who become apoplectic about wearing one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Does this also remove the 10 day quarantine requirement if one tests "positive" on a home ATK test ?

Have had a gut full of lying employees sending in via a sms a pic a positive covid test... saying see ya in 10 days.

Your employees have so much respect for you, you must be so proud.

(Earlier posts saying Thais are lazy, you seem to inspire people).

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Your employees have so much respect for you, you must be so proud.

(Earlier posts saying Thais are lazy, you seem to inspire people).

Reality is it is happening in mass.  Some employers are actually charging employees that claim they have COVID and take time off.  GF's sister son has to pay 800 baht a day and he only makes 500 baht!  He now works but with patients that already have COVID.  Interesting workaround but not sure if it makes sense.

My point is stop being a righteous signaler and see reality.  As for not having respect, my bet is you have rarely garnered any respect throughout your life.

2 hours ago, Seppius said:

I would sooner be in a pub in Bangkok, than one in the UK any day.

Fantastic bars in Bangkok

If you prefer a choice of the same five or six beers in every bar, fine. I prefer a choice of five or six different beers in every pub I visit. Comparing Bangkok bars with pubs in the UK is ridiculous. But each to their own.