How will life in Thailand change when the COVID state of emergency ends this month?

webfact

7 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Not sure why people get triggered by other people wearing a mask. Don't wear one. It's your choice.
However, I do continue to wear one in crowded spaces and on public transport. Likewise this is my choice.

This is Asia, not the west. 

Because it perpetuates fear that spreads which results in an assault on freedom which is a victory for the weak and ignorant. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand will officially lift its COVID-19 emergency decree at the end of this month, paving the way for millions of people to return to normal life. Let’s check out all the changes this move will bring

None ?

Life is back to normal now?

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If they are transitioning from Skytrain to a place of work requiring one that might be the reason..... many workplaces are still requiring them. Maybe the current state of emergency makes that less odd..... and they will be less common once it ends. 

Making a fuss over this trivial thing is what strikes me as absurd. 

True... wearing a mask and some bleat like a stuck lamb.

6 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

It's called not being a coward and getting on the right side of issues early on. It was masks this time and next time it will be some other nonsense to comply with. Something you're totally opposed today will become mandatory, the majority of people will take it up and then you'll comply in order to make them feel comfortable.

That's the pattern people are stuck in today.  There's nothing rational or moral about it.  Just the sheep following the Shepard.

Right, not wearing a mask is not being a coward, it is being a brave freedom fighter.  Gotcha, thanks.

5 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

"The anti mask warriors are just selfish individuals at the end of the day."

Surely if an individual is free to wear a mask its fine, but vice versa, an individual is also free to not wear a mask and that's also fine?

its not being selfish, its just personal choice?

It is personal choice, yes.  So is farting in a lift.

• Haha 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Right, not wearing a mask is not being a coward, it is being a brave freedom fighter.  Gotcha, thanks.

I wore it everyday for 2 years when it was a mandate and followed the law in the counties I was in. I'm talking about NOW when it's no longer mandated and the world has moved on except for Maskland.

2 hours ago, mnomad said:

flawed pro-mask argument based on flawed data

Where does it say this was a pro mask argument? It clearly shows that Thais take care of themselves better than the westerners. It clearly states that masks are not the only solution. If you have better evidence put it up here or stop making stuff up. 

• Like 1

I follow the science, and took the advice of the US Surgeon General ...

“Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!”, they are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus" ... nuff said

Since he has a 'medical degree', had private practice, taught at Uni, figured he'd be the one to listen to back in early 2020.

• Like 2

Just like with crackdowns, hub announcements etc… NOTHING will change.

The dream of tourism returning pre-Covid figures is also an illusion, created by narrow minded officials with no international outlook and idea of what is going on around them.

2 hours ago, mnomad said:

A flawed pro-mask argument based on flawed data. Even the Thais don't trust their own covid numbers, they might of well originated from the TAT - do you also believe we are going to attract 14 billion visitors this year (use the world population estimates to help you on this one)...

Deaths per million

3,231 USA

2,773 UK

467 Thailand 

So give us your version of where the excess bodies went, certainly not into the excess death figures.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"(My) life is as normal as it was before." True, apart from the mask wearing. Oh! One more thing. Will all the public swimming pools be opened?

Maybe a bit off topic, but when I was in the UK recently for three months, the swimming pools were all closed the full time, and probably still are, yet everyone was saying that everything is back to normal.

I’m not one of the mask obsessed, I still wear one in busy areas. In the UK last week I was one of the 1% on the tube wearing a mask, and Covid is still very present as I learned when my meeting an old school friend was canceled because both her and her husband had Covid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I follow the science, and took the advice of the US Surgeon General ...

It may come as a surpise to you but the US Surgeon General has no authority in Thailand.

Thai country, Thai way of doing things. If people don't like the way things are done then they should find somewhere more in tune with their mentality.

12 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m not one of the mask obsessed, I still wear one in busy areas. In the UK last week I was one of the 1% on the tube wearing a mask, and Covid is still very present as I learned when my meeting an old school friend was canceled because both her and her husband had Covid.

Quite. I went back early August and attended an RAF related reunion. We had 6 out of 35 attendees cancel at the last minute due to covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

US Surgeon General ... med grad, practicing, teaching Uni level medicine.

Thai Minister of Health ... Engineering degree

Let that sink in, take as long as you need.

Good deflection,  although bit meaningless.

As said, fairly obvious you have little interest in any form of prevention that benefits your fellow man.