How will life in Thailand change when the COVID state of emergency ends this month?

webfact

On 9/26/2022 at 6:55 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Back to ' normality ' might also mean back to 40 mio tourists or even more per year .

High Inflation in western countries makes Thailand and it's still quite low prices more attractive as well .

The war in Ukraine is helping Thailand in this regard too .

More Russians f.E. and more jobs for thais in the tourist industry ...

A big boom in tourists will affect about everyone here is some way , hopefully for the better ...

You are joking ,my daughter checked flight prices,almost 3 times normal , cant see many tourists paying that also ,bills in the UK have gone through the roof . same goes for other countrys 

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Nothing will change. They are still doing. temperature checks and making people wear masks at our local shops and markets.  People are still made to wear plastic gloves at the buffet and salad bars.   They seem to enjoy this stuff. 

Extension of the ongoing novelty and fashion.

No harm. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Nothing will change. They are still doing. temperature checks and making people wear masks at our local shops and markets.  People are still made to wear plastic gloves at the buffet and salad bars.   They seem to enjoy this stuff. 

Just trying to make Xi happy, hoping China will open to Thailand. Masks rubber gloves, disinfecting runways will become the norm... LOL. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, sandrew33 said:

I lived in Thailand from 2008 until 2018, the number of Thais wearing masks was miniscule. You made that up. 

And it’s genuinely hilarious that the response to an increase of Covid cases in fully masked schools is to extend the mask rules in schools. Which based on the first half of the sentence clearly don’t work. Which is of course evidenced everywhere else in the world. 

But sure double down on masks to solve a problem masks don’t solve. Thai logic at its best ????????

You were not here in 2019-2020.  many Thais were already wearing masks due to the pollution in the air.  Were there a lot of people yes.  How do I know first saw their second it was a thriving business for many.

It was not nationwide wearing but Thais were wearing masks

The problem with COVID in the schools was not going to be stopped by wearing masks but the system had to do something.  There were/are parents who even though their child has a member of the family that has covid still sending their children to school and not notifying anyone.

I think it is going to be interesting to see how many schools still require masks

On 10/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, kingstonkid said:

You were not here in 2019-2020.  many Thais were already wearing masks due to the pollution in the air.  Were there a lot of people yes.  How do I know first saw their second it was a thriving business for many.

It was not nationwide wearing but Thais were wearing masks

The problem with COVID in the schools was not going to be stopped by wearing masks but the system had to do something.  There were/are parents who even though their child has a member of the family that has covid still sending their children to school and not notifying anyone.

I think it is going to be interesting to see how many schools still require masks

Huh, I was in Thailand every month until February 2020. 

You are exaggerating.