Nord Stream leaks: Sabotage to blame, says EU

Scott

13 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

I'm waiting for the evidence of my belief in the lizard man. Whoever that is.

Now I'm guessing you don't have any. So you really need to stop staying stuff if you can't back it up with any evidence.

You explicitly agreed with sunnyinbangrak's statement that he couldn't think of any conspiracy theories in the past few years that hadn't been proved true. That includes the lizard theory.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I have evidence from your post that you agreed with SunnyinBangrak that all of "what the left" called conspiracy theories have been proven to be true.  I'm still waiting for evidence of that from you or Sunny.

Lizard people, blood drinking pedophiles, child sex slaves in pizza restaurant basements, millions of illegal votes, etc., these are all claims from the right and the Qanon idiots that "the left" calls conspiracy theories.  None have been shown correct, most would be funny if it weren't scary that so many fools believe them.

So you're saying I believe in lizard people, blood drinking pedos and illegal votes? Not sure where you got that from, but you should really stop jumping to conclusions. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You explicitly agreed with sunnyinbangrak's statement that he couldn't think of any conspiracy theories in the past few years that hadn't been proved true. That includes the lizard theory.

Quite a simple-minded view.....in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:03 AM, moskito said:

We all know it was Putin, riding his big white pet shark to the pipeline and destroyed it with a knife! 
Rumors in Europe are different. Many ppl say it was Seals of a US fleet  association around the USS Kearsarge with around 4000 Soldiers on Board.
Biden said: we will bring Nordstream 2 to STOP
2. Questions - When Russia wanted to sabotage the Pipeline, why not just close it on shore?
1. CUI BONO?? 

thats ALWAYS the most important question btw

putin shark.jpg

Creating chaos and unsureness as well distrust, how to do, and use it as propaganda?

Thats the main questions to ask.

If no evidence, then they have succeeded 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Creating chaos and unsureness as well distrust, how to do, and use it as propaganda?

Thats the main questions to ask.

If no evidence, then they have succeeded 

And even more important, with evidence you still manage to create the same outcome! 

Amazing right?

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

So you're saying I believe in lizard people, blood drinking pedos and illegal votes? Not sure where you got that from, but you should really stop jumping to conclusions. 

You should really read and understand the posts you agree with.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Russia and China call for an international investigation, including one led by the United Nations.

Those pipes were partly belonging to Russia, but so far they were refused by Sweden and Denmark to access them, even after those countries finished their search in November.

Hersh refuses an invitation to speak at Duma, because he "doesn't do politics" (at his own words).

"The next day, it became known that the State Duma would prepare an appeal to the UN after an investigation by American journalist Seymour Hersh about the explosions on the Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines."

"American journalist Seymour Hersh refused to speak in the State Duma"

https://pledgetimes.com/american-journalist-seymour-hersh-refused-to-speak-in-the-state-duma/

Hersh distances himself also from politics in the USA, in an interview to TASS:

"However, the journalist said he had turned down several invitations to speak before the US Congress in the past few years, because he prefers to stay out of politics.

In his words, he received several calls from the US Congress after publishing his article about the Nord Stream.

"I've already had senators call me up and I say to them, I can't help you it’s your problem, not mine," Hersh said."

https://tass.com/world/1574355

• Thanks 1

A post in violation of the following forum rule has been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

A tediously long story.  Can you point out the parts where evidence to support the story is provided?

There is one I think anonymous source,

The reputation of Hersh is spotty, especially the latter part of his career.

Putin has taken this as truth and so have American isolationists that don't want to help Ukaine.

It could be true but this is too important to accept as true with such thin verification. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, samuttodd said:

Here is a detailed rundown of how the CIA and the US Navy did the pipeline job with the help of Norway.

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

Long read that's very light on facts and heavy on subjective writing

What is his focus on 4 pipelines? being destroyed.

I worked on both lines, Nordstream 1 is 48" diameter as is Nordstream 2, what other 2 pipelines were involved?

Nordstream 1 has been in production for years

Nordstream 2 was mechanically complete but not in service due to permitting issues 

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Putin has taken this as truth and so have American isolationists that don't want to help Ukaine.

It could be true but this is too important to accept as true with such thin verification. 

He was awarded The Pulitzer.

His reporting also disclosed the atrocities of the My Lai Massacre and of Abu Ghraib prison. 

Edited by samuttodd
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

He was awarded The Pulitzer.

His reporting also disclosed the atrocities of the My Lai Massacre and of Abu Ghraib prison. 

Yes but at this late point in his career his credibility has come into question. So all this is based on one source. That source could be lying. Many people would have very good reasons to lie about this. 

I think the only ethical response now is to say it's possible but not backed up nearly well enough to take as truth.

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but at this late point in his career his credibility has come into question. So all this is based on one source. That source could be lying. Many people would have very good reasons to lie about this. 

I think the only ethical response now is to say it's possible but not backed up nearly well enough to take as truth.

Well,  take it how you wish, but when the President of the USA says that the NS2  will be taken out,  that might lend some credibility to the reporters story. 

How does the story being from a later point in the writers career take away from the credibility?  Seriously,  I would think that it only lend more credibility, not take it away.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Well,  take it how you wish, but when the President of the USA says that the NS2  will be taken out,  that might lend some credibility to the reporters story. 

How does the story being from a later point in the writers career take away from the credibility?  Seriously,  I would think that it only lend more credibility, not take it away.

You can think about it either way.

The facts are it is as yet UNPROVEN.

I very much admire the political philosopher Vlad Vexler.

Just today he declared that he wouldn't suggest believing that the US did that.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

"latter part of his career"? Can you be more specific? Or did you mean some of his about Iraq?

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You can think about it either way.

The facts are it is as yet UNPROVEN.

I very much admire the political philosopher Vlad Vexler.

Just today he declared that he wouldn't suggest believing that the US did that.

It is a good Tom Clancy story, but to risky for Norway, and damaging for the European collaboration.

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

Blinken just days after blow up, on 3rd October.

In yesterday's Berliner Zeintung there is an inteview with Hersh with many new details. German text can be google translated

That's rich.

That channel is called In Context.

But they left out the context of the question Blinken was asked.

• Like 2

Looks like the UN is washing their hands:

"A Nord Stream blast investigation by the UN would require, according to a statement by UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric, a mandate from a UN legislative body.

Dujarric told a press brief on Tuesday that "For us [United Nations] to conduct any sort of investigation in anything, we need… to have a mandate, which we don’t, clearly, in this [case],"

The spokesperson further noted that to this time, and besides what has been reported through media outlets, there has been "zero information" on the causes behind the Nord Stream explosions."

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/nord-stream-blast-investigation-requires-legislative-mandate

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Looks like the UN is washing their hands:

"A Nord Stream blast investigation by the UN would require, according to a statement by UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric, a mandate from a UN legislative body.

Dujarric told a press brief on Tuesday that "For us [United Nations] to conduct any sort of investigation in anything, we need… to have a mandate, which we don’t, clearly, in this [case],"

The spokesperson further noted that to this time, and besides what has been reported through media outlets, there has been "zero information" on the causes behind the Nord Stream explosions."

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/nord-stream-blast-investigation-requires-legislative-mandate

The UN investigation is requested by Russia and based on the Hersh article. You know, the one with only one anonymous source. 

https://newsinfrance.com/the-un-said-there-was-no-mandate-to-investigate-the-undermining-of-the-nord-stream/

Note you're spending time on almayadeen.net

"The channel says that its owners are anonymous Arab businessmen.[13] There is speculation about the funding of the channel. Many see the channel as a propaganda platform for Iran and Hezbollah and is funded by them"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Mayadeen

• Like 1

today's development on the UN the international terrorism commission:

"Russia is preparing a special meeting of the UN Security Council, which will discuss the organization of an investigation into the explosions at Nord Stream, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday at a government hour in the State Duma.

“We turned to the UN, raised this issue there, we are preparing a special meeting of the Security Council, we will demand that some form of investigation be found,” he said.

Lavrov also commented on the statement of the official representative of the Secretary General of the world organization Stéphane Dujarric, who said earlier that the UN does not have a mandate to investigate the explosion of gas pipelines."

https://newsinfrance.com/russia-is-preparing-a-special-meeting-of-the-un-security-council-on-explosions-at-nord-stream/

• Like 1

member of bundestag Dagdelenon EU on lack of investigation:

"“The EU has failed to free itself from US dominance and pursue an independent, self-assured foreign and security policy. The apogee of European impotence in its feudal relations with the United States was the refusal to investigate terrorist acts of sabotage against the Russian-German Nord Stream gas pipeline, she said."

https://www.weeklyblitz.net/news/germany-linked-explosions-at-nord-stream-with-eu-dependence-on-us/

Edited by internationalism
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, internationalism said:

today's development on the UN the international terrorism commission:

"Russia is preparing a special meeting of the UN Security Council, which will discuss the organization of an investigation into the explosions at Nord Stream, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday at a government hour in the State Duma.

“We turned to the UN, raised this issue there, we are preparing a special meeting of the Security Council, we will demand that some form of investigation be found,” he said.

Lavrov also commented on the statement of the official representative of the Secretary General of the world organization Stéphane Dujarric, who said earlier that the UN does not have a mandate to investigate the explosion of gas pipelines."

https://newsinfrance.com/russia-is-preparing-a-special-meeting-of-the-un-security-council-on-explosions-at-nord-stream/

Lol! I can imagine the meeting: " dobre, Lavrov, we authorise the Nordstream investigation, and in exchange you authorise an investigation into war crimes during the Ukraine war!" ????

• Haha 2