What’s the best way to pay for a new car at a dealership?

srowndedbyh2o

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting... I think my maximum limit is 500,000 baht when transferring to the same Bank and less when transferring to a different Bank (within Thailand). 

I’ve just just checked my K+ App, and I can set the limit up 5m Baht for Prompt Pay, assuming I had the funds available.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:40 PM, metisdead said:

Have the salesperson at your dealership give you the details of going to the bank and withdrawing the money from your account and get a cashier's check from the bank with the name of the company/person who will receive the check and go to the dealership with the check and present it to them.  Deal done. 

Correct of course. Keep in mind that the dealer might say they want 24 hr delay in delivery of the car until the cheque is banked and cleared. Even if it's a cashiers cheque. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I’ve just just checked my K+ App, and I can set the limit up 5m Baht for Prompt Pay, assuming I had the funds available.

So be very very carfeul and double check you key in the correct account number to receive the funds. 

On 9/30/2022 at 12:10 PM, Sparktrader said:

Stupid comment. Mistakes happen. I can drive better than 99% of people. I do $1 tests. Only a fool would move $50,000 without a test.

Common sense.

I have moved maybe around 7 million online without any testing and never lost a satang/cent/penny, etc..

Please bear with me while I revel in my senseless foolishness.

5 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I have moved maybe around 7 million online without any testing and never lost a satang/cent/penny, etc..

Please bear with me while I revel in my senseless foolishness.

Ive never died. Therefore nobody even dies.

Nope. Still reveling.