opening bank account

On 10/3/2022 at 2:50 PM, dayo202 said:

I emailed the head office of SCB, they replied saying it upto the management of each branch if I can or not.

Head office also started because I'm on a long term visa with yellow book etc they can see any problem me opening a account.

SCB EZ pays 1.5% interest which is one of the best rates around 

What i did was, I called the SCB Call Centre to inform my local branch that I am coming in and that I am on a long term NON O Thai Wife extension, with yellow book and the pink ID etc. and I meet all the requirements to open the SCB EZ account.

The branch manger was waiting for us, at then end i also opened one account for wife, depositing 500,000thb each account...…manager was very very happy TIT

27 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

Which branch please ?

All bit irrelevant.

The guy you asked stated the following....

"yes i did opened one on 30 June 2022 in BKK, with my yellow book and pink ID...…that was all needed!!" 

In another post stated.....

"What i did was, I called the SCB Call Centre to inform my local branch that I am coming in and that I am on a long term NON O Thai Wife extension,".....

The point is he had a non O marriage extension.

In the main ...the threads about opening a bank account relate to those on visa exempt or tourist visa in which case it is not straight forward.

With work permit or non O...

Opening bank account is not huge hurdle. 

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Agent: Siam Legal or ThaiVisaCenter or Bangkok Buddy etc. Cost approx 3k.

As mentioned several times in this thread, Bangkok has added difficulties compared to some other provinces.

Without a work permit or a non O visa most banks will require a residence certificate from immigration or letter from embassy.

In Bangkok to obtain a residence certificate you need to be filing 90 day reports 

Obviously not done by visa exempt and tourist visa holders. 

So impossible to open the account by myself then, how about using an agent, they will be able to help even I have none of the documents and came in with visa exempt right?

30 minutes ago, Thaiaddict01 said:

So impossible to open the account by myself then, how about using an agent, they will be able to help even I have none of the documents and came in with visa exempt right?

It's not impossible. Just lot of mucking around.

You would need to obtain letter from embassy as alternative to residence certificate.

Not all embassies provide that service.

For some embassies you need an appointment and that can take time.

An agent is an option especially if time is of the essence such as when someone is planning on obtaining a non O. 

Visa exempt no problem for the agent. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, richard_smith237 said:

With a Yellow Tabien Baan you ‘should’ have no issues opening an account....

Just went yesterday with a brand new Yellow Book to Bangkok Bank in Pran Buri to open a new Bank Account, not accepted and was told I need a Residence Certificate from Immigration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Just went yesterday with a brand new Yellow Book to Bangkok Bank in Pran Buri to open a new Bank Account, not accepted and was told I need a Residence Certificate from Immigration.

What is your current permission of stay based on.

Extensions to a non O etc? 

19 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Hilarious, don't tell the other yellow bookers they won't take it kindly

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, UWEB said:

Hilarious, don't tell the other yellow bookers they won't take it kindly

Or go to a different branch where the manager isn’t being deliberately difficult. 

A Yellow Tabien Baan and Passport will open the door to an account in the vast majority of Banks.

Edited by richard_smith237

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Or go to a different branch where the manager isn’t being deliberately difficult. 

A Yellow Tabien Baan and Passport will open the door to an account in the vast majority of Banks.

Opening an account with a long stay visa\extension is pretty easy

• Haha 1