Face masks still mandatory on public transport, cinemas in Thailand

webfact

No masks in schools

masks in cinemas unless your eating popcorn or is popcorn banned ?

If so I will have to eat me popcorn before I go into a cinema ????

Edited by flyingfox1
I was putting on my mask in case I spread words lol ????

falang....nobody is forcing you to stay.

no like masks, no like laws of the country you say you love..... leave.

just follow the laws of the land..... or leave.

Masks might be mandatory until the year 2045 and your paradise is ruined.

no like, leave.

if you want to fight and say it's NOT mandatory, then all of Thailand will hate you.

hate the falang who does what Thais do not..... 

want to do different... leave.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I do to as there are many viruses of all kinds out there, take your pick of which one you want.

Or, let your natural immune system deal with it as happens almost everywhere else in the world. Would you wear a mask in your home country? Because from what I've seen you might be alone in that.

What hisses me off is that in Thai government buildings, in this case a hospital, they do not provide toilet paper, soap, hand towels, sanitizer gel etc and yet they go on about hygiene as part of a program in getting rid of the Covid virus? They're hissing against the wind IMO.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

46 minutes ago, James105 said:

I suggest the 5 monkeys experiment offers some valuable insight into why people are still doing these things, despite being vaccinated and despite already having covid several times etc.   

See what I mean? Snide, uncalled for. Educate yourself before you say such things.

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Face masks still mandatory on public transport, cinemas in Thailand

Get your act together Thailand.  All those covid-weary tourists you courted will be mightily <deleted> after they spent thousands of dollars to get here only to be forced to wear a stupid mask when they shop or travel. Grow up a bit. 

well, they might reply that the preferred wanted high-end tourists would not be caught dead in a public transportation nor would they mingle in cinema theatre sas they go to Thailand to enjoy nature and clubbing, not restricted to these healthy activities though : )

51 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

Clearly you have substantial data that health authorities the world over missed. It’s an airborne disease and European, Australian and US health authorities have all said there is no evidence of any surface transmission. None. They say ‘extremely low’ to cover the possibility one might turn up, but to date, none have. 

That it can be traced in faeces does not mean it can be transmitted via that. That’s another thing altogether. 

I would like you to quote your sources since I believe you are wrong. Moreover, the virus can live outside a body for. Several days.

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What hisses me off is that in Thai government buildings, in this case a hospital, they do not provide toilet paper, soap, hand towels, sanitizer gel etc and yet they go on about hygiene as part of a program in getting rid of the Covid virus? They're hissing against the wind IMO.

You should take and post photos of your evidence. I have never been in a public building that doesn't have sprays and/or gel available. Soap, towels, well, yes, that is a different story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, todlad said:

I would like you to quote your sources since I believe you are wrong. Moreover, the virus can live outside a body for. Several days.

And that was very important before vaccines were developed and the growing natural defense of antibodies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, todlad said:

You should take and post photos of your evidence. I have never been in a public building that doesn't have sprays and/or gel available. Soap, towels, well, yes, that is a different story.

Can't produce photo's sorry. But I did just ask my wife if she went to the local Tessebahn or Amphur toilets would she find the items I described in my post? She replied NO never. And I can assure you the government hospital is NO different.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, todlad said:

I've worked in 2 uni and 3 public schools, I have never seen soap or hand cleaner in a bathroom. The one uni was a medical university, I would have expected them to, but no. 

31 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or, let your natural immune system deal with it as happens almost everywhere else in the world. Would you wear a mask in your home country? Because from what I've seen you might be alone in that.

We all walk alone in this crazy world, and I agree with you it's good to have a strong immune system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Dr Aekkachai Piansriwatchara, a deputy director of the Department of Health, people are still required to wear face masks and respect social distancing when using public transport and going to the cinema.

Impossible.

1 hour ago, todlad said:

There are dozens of really immature, Thai bashing, expert bashing, replies here.

I saw the start of a video online the other day made by a Caucasian with an English accent. Scruffy looking but loud and confident. He laughingly asked why people in Thailand STILL check their temperature in 7/11 and STILL wear masks and Still use the gel on their hands. Of course, he wasn't worthy of recognition so I switched him off. My response, to anyone like him, though, is UK, quarter of a million dead and long COVID taking its toll plus 4th covid wave under way. Thailand, after all the nastiness and Thai bashing at the start of the pandemic, around 32,000 dead, similar size population: tragic but  ...

Grow up, gents.

Through the last 2 years I made a point to NEVER wear a mask,take my temperature,or wash my hands , and I do mean never and I don't plan to start now... 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Masks stop the spread of the common cold in public places...mandatory or optional I will continue to wear one when in public.

If that were true, then China would have been "cold free". Viruses are not "stopped" by masks. Viruses are less of a risk, if you don't touch your nose, eyes and mouth, after touching contaminated surfaces. A cough or sneeze in your immediate area can deposit viruses on surfaces or right at you; that much is true, but viruses aren't "stopped". A sick person may benefit others by wearing a mask, but they still can spread a virus. The reduction of particles they spread by sneeze, or cough may be reduced but never eliminated. Only a Level 4 lab mask can actually "stop" a virus. To date, I personally haven't seen substantiated claims about paper masks - plenty of claims from sources desiring compliance, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edogthong said:

They have no legal basis to do this. Not even with the Emergency Decree in place were they actually allowed to mandate these things. This has been reported on numerous times. Lawyer Ben from Integrity Legal has made several videos on the subject. 

And what was done on a legal basis worldwide ?

This post is only 7 hrs old, and already 4 pages of whiners, social justice keyboard commando's, chairborne scientists "who know better than real scientists"   Jeez Louise people, get a life.  Okay don't use the trains, don't go to the movies, boxing matches, ice skating rinks, foot masage rooms, stay on your barstools all day, or locked up in your living rooms.  Look out your window, and you'll see me walking around masked up...............because "This is Thailand" and to coin Bernard Trink  "I don't give a hoot"              Peace

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

This post is only 7 hrs old, and already 4 pages of whiners, social justice keyboard commando's, chairborne scientists "who know better than real scientists"   Jeez Louise people, get a life.  Okay don't use the trains, don't go to the movies, boxing matches, ice skating rinks, foot masage rooms, stay on your barstools all day, or locked up in your living rooms.  Look out your window, and you'll see me walking around masked up...............because "This is Thailand" and to coin Bernard Trink  "I don't give a hoot"              Peace

I agree with the I dont give a Hoot 100%......Except you will see me on the Skytrain and in Movie theaters with NO mask......And like you said I dont give a hoot....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1