Face masks still mandatory on public transport, cinemas in Thailand

webfact

Health ministers worry about  pub;lic health  ?...... Then do something about  Restaurants, and its staff  hygiene,  and the stinking air in Thailand

Edited by actonion
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bob smith said:
8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

One has a choice.....

not on the bts... or in the cinema.

No need to wear a mask on BTS. It is recommended, but not mandatory. BTS is privately-operated so, under local 'logic', isn't 'public transport'. Go figure. 

And still mandatory in cinemas? Get real (not that there's anything to see film-wise these days).

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Mask are great I don't leave home without one!   Today they are cheap and cheaply made whether it does anything I don't have a clue but I seen Thai education on hygiene in practice I was at a Thai market the other day being rainy season people were coughing, spitting, raising that fleme from their chest to spit, a person walking near me cough up a glue ball that flew past me I was thinking glad I had a mask on but next time I coming in a shield.

Since the pandemic I've not had even a cold?????

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How'd they know they caught it in Thailand?

They live here.

I was mostly trying to point out that it is still spreading. I know more people with covid now, than at the height of the shutdowns.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps that is the only place where they have been for a a few weeks?  

What about their flights, airports etc to arrive here and exit. I don't think there is a way to identify  where one contacted the virus. All speculation. Blame it on the Thais if all else fails.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

They live here.

I was mostly trying to point out that it is still spreading. I know more people with covid now, than at the height of the shutdowns.

If it is, it’s certainly not causing major public health issues as the hospitalisation and death rates published daily until Sunday are evidence. Bad air, road deaths, polluted water and dengue are vastly bigger problems and yet none attract much attention from these concerned health authorities. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

It has been repeatedly shown in tests around the world that touching a contaminated surface is an extremely unlikely vector for Covid transmission - except in Thailand, where officials reported with straight faces that over 1,000 people were infected from touching a single stainless steel turnstile at the entrance to a market toilet ????

faeces do carry virus, that's why chinese were doing rectal tests - more reliable than throat/nose.

Turnstile is also installed on exit, so anybody not washing their hands (and using hand for cleaning their bum) was spreading. Bum guns are installed in new toilets, but the majority still do have water tanks with bowl.

There were also cases of people catching covid from their infected neighbours - ventilation at bathrooms carried virus. Possibly also through bathroom drains

Edited by internationalism

21 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What about their flights, airports etc to arrive here and exit. I don't think there is a way to identify  where one contacted the virus. All speculation. Blame it on the Thais if all else fails.

He did not specify tourists,,,, but despite that, look up the incubation period for Omicron Covid, which is quite short. 

I accept flights and airports are high risk areas too.

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I was planning on watching a movie .. but now I will not. 

The last 2 movies I attended I did not wear a mask--unaware it was required.  I still would not have worn one as there were only about 8 people in the entire theater--and nobody remotely close except my partner.  Nobody asked me to wear a mask either time.  I'm just using common sense and will wear when I think its needed--like the subway, crowded places, etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Turnstile is also installed on exit, so anybody not washing their hands (and using hand for cleaning their bum) was spreading.

Clearly you have substantial data that health authorities the world over missed. It’s an airborne disease and European, Australian and US health authorities have all said there is no evidence of any surface transmission. None. They say ‘extremely low’ to cover the possibility one might turn up, but to date, none have. 

That it can be traced in faeces does not mean it can be transmitted via that. That’s another thing altogether. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, todlad said:

There are dozens of really immature, Thai bashing, expert bashing, replies here.

I saw the start of a video online the other day made by a Caucasian with an English accent. Scruffy looking but loud and confident. He laughingly asked why people in Thailand STILL check their temperature in 7/11 and STILL wear masks and Still use the gel on their hands. Of course, he wasn't worthy of recognition so I switched him off. My response, to anyone like him, though, is UK, quarter of a million dead and long COVID taking its toll plus 4th covid wave under way. Thailand, after all the nastiness and Thai bashing at the start of the pandemic, around 32,000 dead, similar size population: tragic but  ...

Grow up, gents.

I suggest the 5 monkeys experiment offers some valuable insight into why people are still doing these things, despite being vaccinated and despite already having covid several times etc.   

• Like 1

I was in Bangkok last month. Riding the BTS I heard the recording in English that went something like this. The Health Ministry has said wearing masks in open areas is no longer required. The BTS "RECOMMENDS" wearing a mask in the BTS Train. Never did they say it was mandatory. I think you need to read between the lines. No masks in open areas but inside the BTS Train is an enclosed area. Why the recording didn't say it is Mandatory to wear masks I don't know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, internationalism said:

faeces do carry virus, that's why chinese were doing rectal tests - more reliable than throat/nose.

Turnstile is also installed on exit, so anybody not washing their hands (and using hand for cleaning their bum) was spreading. Bum guns are installed in new toilets, but the majority still do have water tanks with bowl.

There were also cases of people catching covid from their infected neighbours - ventilation at bathrooms carried virus. Possibly also through bathroom drains

The Chinese were doing rectal swabs to leverage their useless zero-Covid strategy. If you look hard enough, you'll find it. It was the same with PCR testing where if they did enough test 'cycles', they picked up the inactive remnants from a previous or otherwise benign infection.

As for catching Covid from the air wafting from a neighbor's dunny, that sounds like more of the incorrect MOPH horsepucky that's the subject matter. You got a citation for that nonsense?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firemans35 said:

I was in Bangkok last month. Riding the BTS I heard the recording in English that went something like this. The Health Ministry has said wearing masks in open areas is no longer required. The BTS "RECOMMENDS" wearing a mask in the BTS Train. Never did they say it was mandatory. I think you need to read between the lines. No masks in open areas but inside the BTS Train is an enclosed area. Why the recording didn't say it is Mandatory to wear masks I don't know.

Because it is NOT mandatory.