Thailand named among Top 3 Best Countries in the World by Readers of Condé Nast Traveler

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No it is called camping in style like going on Safari.  You don't get out much do you.  Cheap is not always better Sir.

Ive seen more of Thailand than you, at least double. Dont even live there.

You should get out more. There are bungalows on Lanta or Chang for 1000 baht low season, 3000 baht high. Includes breakfast. More sturdy than a tent.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive seen more of Thailand than you, at least double. Dont even live there.

You should get out more. There are bungalows on Lanta or Chang for 1000 baht low season, 3000 baht high. Includes breakfast. More sturdy than a tent.

You really think you have seen more of Thailand than myself, thats a rich one.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yep pretty easy. 

You are a funny man.  Having been born here in Thailand and then spending parts of over 40 years here I think I have you beat.  Having lived here permanently now for many more years and being retired allows me to travel very frequently around the country side.  Having a House south of Hua Hin and a condo in Bangkok allows for great bases to start out of.  Lets add in Myanmar, Vietnam, and Laos as well while were at it.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Yep I seen 50 Thai towns. Met lots of people. Done lots of stuff. Great food, great drives.

Sure beats drinking tea in a hotel and pretending to be a billionaire.

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but as a 'billionaire' I've better things to do with my time than go back and forth with the likes of you. So, have a nice (miserable) life and good luck improving your 'trading prowess' in the future. ????????????

5 minutes ago, DBath said:

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but as a 'billionaire' I've better things to do with my time than go back and forth with the likes of you. So, have a nice (miserable) life and good luck improving your 'trading prowess' in the future. ????????????

Yes good luck. Fancy pretending to be rich on a forum. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, olfu said:

Without Pattaya soi6  and  Bangkok Nana plaza there is nothing to talk about.

Ridiculous comment.  Thailand is full of amazing places.

Especially consider Thailand crime rate  same as USA. 

Sure about that?

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Thailand/United-States/Crime

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Seen one golden Temple, seen them all.

Seen one elephant, Seen them all.

Seen one floating market,  seen them all.

Seen one national park,  seen them all.

Seen one Bar,  seen them all. ( even this get s a bit old after the first 100 )

Seen one island seen them all.

What's special about Thailand nothing,

20-30 years ago yes. now it's old hat.

It’s true that when you first visit a country, be it Thailand or elsewhere, everything is new and exciting. If you stay longer there’s usually a reason, but it’s got nothing to do with the status it holds , best this, best that ! Mostly , years back it was so much cheaper so easier to appreciate to a max. I stayed through the EU winters, as millions of snowbirds, because the weather is great in the dry season . Then also you get used to the system , renting, shopping, best local hospitals etc   and then you end up staying,,or doing the same thing year in year out. Boredom often  sets in with me, so up till Covid hit I traveled a lot outside Thailand., For newcomers it will probably be nicer, but if the government doesn’t pull its socks up and fix everything that’s breaking down, they won’t come back. Polls tell you hardly anything.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Easy to see more than expats. They sit in bars most of the time.

you have 7500 posts, are you online in your room all day, every day?

Yea, I'm the ONLY expat who does anything in Thailand.  I explore, while all other expats are at a bar every day, all day.

I feel bad for these expats who come to Thailand and never leave the airport.  I've seen elephants!!!   strawberry fields!!  heard birds (like now), seen busy night markets, and bought the famous 20 baht noodle soup as they looked at me and thought, "WOW, this is the first falang who is not at a bar!!!!  I think they have never seen a falang before, or heard one speak.  I am the first!!! The best falang!!"

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

you have 7500 posts, are you online in your room all day, every day?

Yea, I'm the ONLY expat who does anything in Thailand.  I explore, while all other expats are at a bar every day, all day.

I feel bad for these expats who come to Thailand and never leave the airport.  I've seen elephants!!!   strawberry fields!!  heard birds (like now), seen busy night markets, and bought the famous 20 baht noodle soup as they looked at me and thought, "WOW, this is the first falang who is not at a bar!!!!  I think they have never seen a falang before, or heard one speak.  I am the first!!! The best falang!!"

lol

How come I go 3 days and see 1 farang? What are they doing? 5 years ago 40m a year.

So no Im not the only one, there's a few others.

39.99m do all the same stuff 5555

31 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

bought the famous 20 baht noodle soup as they looked at me and thought, "WOW, this is the first falang who is not at a bar!!!! 

In villages they do give the gee there's a farang, havent seen one for ages look.

Enjoying a nice dish, cold drink with no bogans, hipsters or chavs talking <deleted>. That's a pleasure. That's the best thing about travel. The serenity.

37 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

How come I go 3 days and see 1 farang? What are they doing? 5 years ago 40m a year.

So no Im not the only one, there's a few others.

39.99m do all the same stuff 5555

Wow, you truly do like to cast aspersions and insinuate the expats are nothing more than egg and beer stained tank top wearers don't you.  You do realize many of us have families and travel around with them, but then your just looking for white looking people who are not speaking Thai.  If you lived here as you said you did you would understand this as you also said you were married to a Thai.  Hard to understand your constant bashing on all and sundry of topics and OPS, you really sound disappointed in your visit so far, seems you need some friends.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

In villages they do give the gee there's a farang, havent seen one for ages look.

Enjoying a nice dish, cold drink with no bogans, hipsters or chavs talking <deleted>. That's a pleasure. That's the best thing about travel. The serenity.

The serenity from visiting where the youtubers you watch have gone....got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Can't say I've ever visited or stayed in any of the listed hotels and resorts. May be my budget of never more than 3,000 baht a night, usually rather less, has something  to do with that???? cheap Charlie? Yeah that'd be me????

You're rich!

I don't like to pay more than 500bht/night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You can get sex in L.A for $120

From an advert today 

"specials this morning starting off at 120 an hour everything included"

Yeah. As if. Ever try it? A total myth. Believe me. I speak from experience as do many of my friends. And if it is true she is likely 59 years old, 100 kg, and ugly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The serenity from visiting where the youtubers you watch have gone....got it.

How come 3 Whale Rock had no farangs ?

You really think people who watch youtube go to all these places?

Paddy Doyle couldnt even pronounce the province name correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, you truly do like to cast aspersions and insinuate the expats are nothing more than egg and beer stained tank top wearers don't you.  You do realize many of us have families and travel around with them, but then your just looking for white looking people who are not speaking Thai.  If you lived here as you said you did you would understand this as you also said you were married to a Thai.  Hard to understand your constant bashing on all and sundry of topics and OPS, you really sound disappointed in your visit so far, seems you need some friends.

Mostly talking tourists. But lots of expats are in Pattaya. Never been to Kood or Lanta or Phayao.

You think they are all married and busy? Busy drinking.

On 10/6/2022 at 9:25 AM, Orinoco said:

Seen one golden Temple, seen them all.

Seen one elephant, Seen them all.

Seen one floating market,  seen them all.

Seen one national park,  seen them all.

Seen one Bar,  seen them all. ( even this get s a bit old after the first 100 )

Seen one island seen them all.

What's special about Thailand nothing,

20-30 years ago yes. now it's old hat.

Seen 1 woman seen em all

Seen a hotel deen em all

Eaten food once eaten it all

Life is nothing special

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Seen 1 woman seen em all

Seen a hotel deen em all

Eaten food once eaten it all

Life is nothing special

What's up mate,

You seem to be getting a bit bent out of shape on this thread.

Was the Twinkle cave off limits last night.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:14 AM, jacko45k said:
On 10/6/2022 at 7:55 AM, josephbloggs said:

It is targeted at the luxury, experienced and well heeled traveller which is why the bitter people on this forum have never heard of it.  

Never heard of it!

I rest my case.