Thailand named among Top 3 Best Countries in the World by Readers of Condé Nast Traveler

webfact

Condé Nast centers on a more exclusive clientele.  And focuses on mostly destinations and properties which are on a higher end scale.  And of course are for the most part are in a high price range. 
If a person can afford to go to some of these places why not.  I haven’t read Condé Nast for years.  But when I did.  The places and properties were beautiful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Homburg said:

Condé Nast readers need to get out more.

I thought it was called the "Conned de Most" magazine......stayed at a few of those listed and they are not that grand.  Stayed at much better places in Phuket on the beach as well as in Chiang Mai

50 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I know a lot of posters here live very sheltered, unhappy, isolated lives in rural villages that they hate, but seriously who hasn't heard of Conde Nast??  Heard of Vogue?  The New Yorker?  GQ? Vanity Fair?  All Conde Nast publications.

Or did you mean you've never heard of Japan?

Nope. Never heard of Conde Nast.

Guess I'm missing something.

Japan, that's somewhere in south east Asia?

We all know that.

Seems like it's all Phuket.

Possibly to attract Russians.

I've found some nice rooms at only 10,000 baht a night.  I'll stay a few weeks, then fly home.

Phuket is fine for SE Asia, but my friends aren't impressed as much as they used to be with my pictures of water and mangos and bowl-shaped rice.   

Portugal might be next.....  

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at least the Thai Tourism will be happy ????

Some country survey is saying that they are doing something right  

We need more surveys from other countries saying how great Thailand is ????

Mind you I live here and it's okay if that counts for anything ???? 

• Like 1

seems nearly every week some hitherto unknown publication publishes an advertisement for Thailand quoting some fictional figures from imaginary people as part of the spiel . The correct response is to just ignore it all,   Where people find the energy / inclination to vehemently agree or disagree with the obvious b/s is a mystery to me.  As is the possibility that somebody might arrange a holiday based on what they have read in a magazine which they probably found in a dentists waiting room or whilst waiting for their car to be serviced or  wherever else  these rags end up prior to their final resting place 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

seems nearly every week some hitherto unknown publication publishes an advertisement for Thailand quoting some fictional figures from imaginary people as part of the spiel . The correct response is to just ignore it all,   Where people find the energy / inclination to vehemently agree or disagree with the obvious b/s is a mystery to me.  As is the possibility that somebody might arrange a holiday based on what they have read in a magazine which they probably found in a dentists waiting room or whilst waiting for their car to be serviced or  wherever else  these rags end up prior to their final resting place 

Relax. As the Jam said, "That's Entertainment."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

This place in Phuket. 500 baht. People say Phuket is expensive dont know where to look.

unnamed.jpg

So you got the Senior discount and not beach front.....Sorry it wont be a place I would stay at.....lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So you got the Senior discount and not beach front.....Sorry it wont be a place I would stay at.....lol

No need to apologise as your closing sentence has probably just  done more for the resorts popularity than anything printed in the aforementioned  throwaway publication.  

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, DBath said:

I’m anxiously awaiting Conde Nast’s ranking of countries with the most broken man-hole covers - and I’ll be shocked if Thailand isn’t in the top 3. ????????????

Or countries with the most Soi Dogs. Gotta be Numma 1 for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orinoco said:

What's special about Thailand nothing,

20-30 years ago yes. now it's old hat.

I for one never get tired of looking at naked women, and I'm a scholar and a gentleman. I guess I could do that elsewhere, but it would probably cost more.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Way I look at it is like this

Poll.

What country would you most like to visit - Thailand

Which country would you be most unlikely to visit again - Thailand

Yes, there are some nice , high class resorts for the rich folk, but after that its pretty 'meh'.

Why you bash Thailand? 

I thought you lived here. 

Great beaches, golf, great food, friendly people, great weather, and cheap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

Seems like it's all Phuket.

Possibly to attract Russians.

I've found some nice rooms at only 10,000 baht a night.  I'll stay a few weeks, then fly home.

Phuket is fine for SE Asia, but my friends aren't impressed as much as they used to be with my pictures of water and mangos and bowl-shaped rice.   

Portugal might be next.....  

This forum is for expatriates in Thailand, we don't care about holiday makers who don't like it, see you.