Police chief confirms no traces of drug found in gunman

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You set a good example.....

I have always found his comments to be informed, balanced , unbiased and devoid of the irrational Thai bashing that many on here like to spew out, particularly those who, for whatever reason are unable to integrate with Thai people at even the most basic level. A refusal to learn the language often being a common denominator along with the inability to accept that things are done differently here than in their home countries,  

• Love It 1

46 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You started it , going on and on and on about when he was sacked  tedious indeed you should re read what you have posted in response to my comments, you seem to search for any opportunity to start petty arguments    The fact remains he was not a police officer at the time this took place any other comments are superfluous  There is no whataboutism whatsoever anywhere in my comments 

I started what? At what point did I bring in other hypothetical senarios?

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I cannot accept that it would take 6 weeks  ( is that as a result of a queuing system ?) nor that the presence of methamphetamine could be accurately detected by a breath test as he suggested Surely the result of a blood test would be almost instantaneous

I don't know where they came up with 6 weeks, yes results would be as quick as the lab could produce results. Its priority so as you say instant. Never ever heard of breath test for drugs, usually its urine for the quick tests.  They tested all the teachers and staff at my university one day, it was all the quick urine tests. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

This indicates other than a normal drug test..........deep forensics into liver, kidneys would produce any drug use up to 30 days

Which doesn't prove a damn thing. Doing Yaba 25 days ago certainly isn't going to affect a person today. 

Everyone wants something to blame. Then they can close the book. It was the drugs, it was the guns, it was alcohol.   No, it was a wacko who snapped. Some wackos that snapped and committed multiple murders were upstanding people.  This is why it is so difficult to screen for these actions.  <deleted> happens, sometimes its tragic and sad.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

All this talk of psychological examinations   I wouldn't trust a word those shrinks say. As a shining example many dangerous people have been released early from prison in the UK following such appraisals only to offend again.  Sometimes almost immediately

bday prang you are correct in the UK Britain's most dangerous prisoners are locked up indefinitely as they're too dangerous to be released most people with mental issues on release are not a danger to people. This was a pure act of jealousy in my opinion as he knew his wife was leaving him and most likely taking his kid with her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There are many here who obsessively bash Thailand as they are not happy here, due to lack of integration, not speaking the language etc. Rather than do that, they prefer to try to belittle Thai culture, religion, the police, the PM etc to feel superior in themselves. It's rather sad as they have led to many decent posters leaving this forum; it's a shadow of what it was 10/15 years ago. 

No one is bashing Thai's Neeranam you sound like you don't like what your hearing so accuse them of Thai Bashing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

No one is bashing Thai's Neeranam you sound like you don't like what your hearing so accuse them of Thai Bashing.

Did you see the first post on this thread before it was removed? 

Saying this killer was a normal Thai man, disgraceful. 

• Like 1

Whataboutism good word what about the high-ranking Police officer who calmly walked to the meat counter in Makro in Udon Thani where his preg wife was buying meat and he shot her dead in front of everyone and calmly walked away? Was he mentally ill? oops another serving officer of the RTP.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

I have always found his comments to be informed, balanced , unbiased and devoid of the irrational Thai bashing that many on here like to spew out, particularly those who, for whatever reason are unable to integrate with Thai people at even the most basic level. A refusal to learn the language often being a common denominator along with the inability to accept that things are done differently here than in their home countries,  

Mmm done things in different country's let's not go down that road Bday Prang.

4 hours ago, marcusb said:

No, it means with the test they used he could not have consumed Yaba in the previous 72 hours. Standard test. I have no idea on accuracy.  Blood work for Yaba also would not take long at all. 

i already said that, but a full Toxicology Profile in blood takes 4-6 weeks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you see the first post on this thread before it was removed? 

Saying this killer was a normal Thai man, disgraceful. 

A Thai man raped A British Backpacker killed her and killed her boyfriend in Koh Tau what did the corrupt RTP do to solve the case? 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I hope you are not saying you agree with the deleted post? 

Never saw the Post, as you say it was quickly deleted. There is a reason why Koh Tau hes been given the Nickname Death Island and its not to do Accidental death's.

3 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Never saw the Post, as you say it was quickly deleted. There is a reason why Koh Tau hes been given the Nickname Death Island and its not to do Accidental death's.

What has Koh Tao got to do with anything? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What has Koh Tao got to do with anything? 

The level of incompetence and Corruption of the RTP Neeranam. Even using this Atrocity as a photo shoot for him and his Lacky's we were shown Chan o Cha distributing massive cardboard Cheques to the bereaved families at the Scool, and can you explain to us how a grieving mother being interviewed by a Sky Reporter told her she was shown a photo of her dead Son with his face slashed from a Machete, where and how did she obtain this photo?

Edited by BarraMarra

Looks like this post is going sideways, I will refrain from commenting - Oh by the way - Rest in Peace little ones, if there is real re-incarnation, I hope you come back as you were, innocent children - and the perpetrator, damned to hell if there is one, or comes back as a nasty animal as he was...............RIP...............Peace

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not sure what America has to do with it but they certainly have a much larger percentage of the population on psychiatric medicine. 

and on less than logical support for a long-term proven liar and conman.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:53 AM, Neeranam said:

There are many here who obsessively bash Thailand as they are not happy here, due to lack of integration, not speaking the language etc. Rather than do that, they prefer to try to belittle Thai culture, religion, the police, the PM etc to feel superior in themselves. It's rather sad as they have led to many decent posters leaving this forum; it's a shadow of what it was 10/15 years ago. 

There are many here who obsessively bash Thai-bashers as they are not happy with Thai bashing, due to lack of critical thinking, and being unable to rationally consider any objective assessment of Thailand. Rather than do that, the prefer to try to belittle those offering observations or criticisms of Thailand regarding police, politics, judiciary, health & safety etc to feel superior in themselves and re-assure them that they have made the right life decision in coming to Thailand. They are also usually at pains to highlight how marvelously they personally have integrated, as opposed to the less culturally adaptable Thai-bashers. These observations by the group of Thai-bashers-bashers are usually presented in combination with the Thai-bashers-bashers rallying call, which typically includes a suggestion that a prompt geographical relocation would be the best solution for the Thai-basher and all concerned.

It's rather sad as they have made many decent posters leave the forum and left others wary of offering objective thoughts on life and news events in Thailand for fear of being attacked, negatively labelled and pigeonholed as a Thai basher. The forum is a shadow of what is was 10/15 years ago, before these obsessive Thai-basher-bashers developed the clearly generic and over-simplified Thai-bashing nomenclature, created to shame and shut-down commentary from the inaccurately named Thai-basher group. 

Those who offer critical thinking and objective assessment of Thailand which, when posted, should be rationally considered by others, should feel free to post their critiques of Thailand.

If this forum is their prime or sole outlet for such critiques, that's fine as long as they realize that this is an inconsequential website. If they are content with that, then I don't feel they should be criticized for not being happy with their life here in the Kingdom and should move elsewhere.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 6:40 PM, marcusb said:

No drugs for at least 3 days. So he was a regular wacko.  Possibly a wacko all his life and the yaba made the condition worse.   But he wasn't on a drug fuelled rampage. He was on a mental wacko rampage. Nobody likes to talk about mental health as much as gun control, drug control, alcohol control.  Serious mental health problems are overlooked here and also back home.

Drugs like meth change your brain chemistry, it takes up to a year clean and drugs like abilify to help in the process of reversing the damage.

So 3 days clean means nothing. The meth had most likely left him bipolar, he could have been clean a month and still gone crazy off the drugs.

Maybe a lesson for the 'legalize all drugs' posse

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The meth had most likely left him bipolar, he could have been clean a month and still gone crazy off the drugs.

Thanks, so it wasn't a drug fuelled rampage, it was mental illness caused by long term drug consumption.  I'll go along with that. 

48 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Maybe a lesson for the 'legalize all drugs' posse

Ok, but who gets to decide which ones? 

"It’s possible to experience psychosis if you regularly drink a lot of alcohol or if you’re a heavy drinker and suddenly stop drinking." 

And as far as violent crimes go, I'm going to bet alcohol is the all time winner. Perhaps not mass killings but most of those were not attributed to heavy drug use either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2022 at 2:49 PM, tandor said:

i already said that, but a full Toxicology Profile in blood takes 4-6 weeks.

Correct.

There are specific tests for specific drugs that can give fairly quick answers. Usually, these are blood or urine tests that can give an answer in minutes or hours. Think: PCR and antigen tests for Covid, as a comparison. Those tests are designed to detect Covid......... and nothing else. But that's why we were able to get pretty quick answers about whether Covid was present or not.

A full toxicology screen, on the other hand, where they don't necessarily have an idea what exactly they are looking for, so they have to fugure it out........... yeah.......... that can take 4 to 6 weeks.

Yaba has quick tests available. It shows up a pretty purple color!

Testing the guy's blood for the presence of yaba would have been a no-brainer.

(The 72-hour window comes in because the body scrubs contaminants out of the blood. So anything taken more than 72-hours before the test was given........... [or in this case, before he died]........... may no longer have enough trace left in the blood to be detectable by a quick-test.)

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Correct.

There are specific tests for specific drugs that can give fairly quick answers. Usually, these are blood or urine tests that can give an answer in minutes or hours. Think: PCR and antigen tests for Covid, as a comparison. Those tests are designed to detect Covid......... and nothing else. But that's why we were able to get pretty quick answers about whether Covid was present or not.

A full toxicology screen, on the other hand, where they don't necessarily have an idea what exactly they are looking for, so they have to fugure it out........... yeah.......... that can take 4 to 6 weeks.

Yaba has quick tests available. It shows up a pretty purple color!

Testing the guy's blood for the presence of yaba would have been a no-brainer.

(The 72-hour window comes in because the body scrubs contaminants out of the blood. So anything taken more than 72-hours before the test was given........... [or in this case, before he died]........... may no longer have enough trace left in the blood to be detectable by a quick-test.)

I am aware of the testing methods for rapid results; however my reference to RAT test was an example as how modern detection methods use a similar colour change methodology. In this case the Pathologist would draw urine from the cadavers bladder for quick analysis, obviously to prove or dispel drugs in his system.