Poll shows most Thais unable to earn enough to make ends meet

snoop1130

On top of their current lack of income problems, the rice growing families of Isan and, presumably, the central plains are not going to get much out of this year's harvest.   In southern Isan the rice fields are lakes of rain water having nowhere to flow.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And all this Consumerism has been driven by slack lending

And the stupid soap operas they are obsessed with! You know, the rich family, the expensive car, the big house, the poor maid and the ladyboy! ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkg224 said:

Well no s**t. Why did they even need to run a poll to see this. Just go to any village in Thailand and see how most of the people there live. 
Basically almost live as hunter gatherings getting some shrub branches here and insects there, rice paddy crabs and snails. 
but like someone said they still find money to buy the lottery number they dream about and you forgot about buying Lao Khao. That’s an important one 

They also have smart phones often own brand new motorbikes as do many of their kids, some have pick-ups too  They are not all poor in the village where I live There's combine harvesters and tractors too, all new or new ish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road Hog said:

It gets very hard for most Thai's as prices goes up even for the basics, but their wages stay the same. Most Thai's that I know have 2 or more jobs now just to make ends meet.

There are a few in our village that never work who seem to be doing just fine

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

As long as Thais with a monthly income of 20,000 baht choose to buy the latest iPhone for 40,000 baht, their salary will never be enough.

This is very true of most Thai's 

They mostly,  live way beyond there means.

But they are not interested in changing there ways.

And what ever government they have,  it will make no difference to this mind set they chose to have.

15 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Some massage girls make 4000 baht a day. Work 20 days a month, AVG 3000 baht is 60,000. Rent 3,500. Saving 50,000. 

Yeh and prime minister or generals even make more money. IF you would have daughters, you would recommend them to start working in the prostitution industry?? 

Edited by toho

15 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Some massage girls make 4000 baht a day. Work 20 days a month, AVG 3000 baht is 60,000. Rent 3,500. Saving 50,000. 

And are "massage girls" classed as "most people"?

Mind, it would be interesting to know which/what type of people were interviewed for the poll!

For instance, you could interview 1067 hotel managers nationwide and get a different reaction than from 1067 farm labourers!

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was about Thais generally , not the minority  those who work in the sex industry .

What made you think about girls working in the sex industry , rather than those working in legitimate jobs ?

Not a criticism, just an observation from my perspective, that the sex industry, existing since time immortal might well be considered legit, as it is in various cultures.

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

And are "massage girls" classed as "most people"?

Mind, it would be interesting to know which/what type of people were interviewed for the poll!

For instance, you could interview 1067 hotel managers nationwide and get a different reaction than from 1067 farm labourers!

Looks like there is 1 million of them.

10 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

This is very true of most Thai's 

They mostly,  live way beyond there means.

But they are not interested in changing there ways.

And what ever government they have,  it will make no difference to this mind set they chose to have.

"In my day", before the "never never",  we saved up to buy things that we wanted!

Mind you, that was in the days of black and white TV, and bicycles were the main means of transport! ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And as we know monopolies mean larceny, lower quality and indifference. Look at True Visions. The quality of the programming is an abomination. The selection of movies is so poor. They likely are unwilling to pay more than 100 baht for a fee to show a movie. Shame on the government for allowing it. 

And shame on the government for putting the people in this position. They shoulder much of the blame for the economic morass the people find themselves in. An alternative to pre-historic politicians must be found. 

And True Vision attitude to complaints sucks as well! I suspended my service for 3 months, and they said that I hadn't and tried to charge me for it.

I ended up taking the "box" and the card into their payment centre, and telling them what they could do with it!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Welcome to the new world order Thailand great wef reset via covid theatre ! We all in this together ???????????? exception to the rules super wealthy political elite life went on with life flying in private jets etc, having parties while rest of us were under lockdown tyranny by so called democracy  countries instead prisoners or corperation that our independent country's leaders sold us into .. 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thaksin would do a hell of a lot better then the goons in power now who have looted the coffers....

I seem to remember Thaksin and sister did a magnificent job looting the coffers, in fact they got filthy rich in their time in power.

I figure you have a shortvor a very selective memory.

That said, I read in internet, papers, whatever, things are not going dandy elsewhere also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1