Britain is Broken !

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The price of UK rental properties is due to Government policies , policies that make being a landlord an unprofitable business and many landlords have sold their properties and therefore there's a shortage of properties and the rental price has gone up 

The policy driving up/maintaining high rents are an unwillingness to build more houses, chiefly affordable housing.  The tories do this to keep the prices high so they and their friends maintain their handsome income.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The policy driving up/maintaining high rents are an unwillingness to build more houses, chiefly affordable housing.  The tories do this to keep the prices high so they and their friends maintain their handsome income.

No, the it was the new Government  policy of taxing landlords on their mortgage repayments which has caused landlords to sell their property portfolios and which has caused the rental hosing shortage and price increase .

Previously landlords could off set their mortgage repayments as an expense and avoid paying tax , now mortgage repayments are regards as income and  now subject to 20-40 % tax and many landlord have either raised their rent  to pay that tax or sold their properties 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Which is great business for the British hotel owners 

This hotel owner does not agree, illegal immigrants affect the whole local community, put people out of work and often trash the hotel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

This hotel owner does not agree, illegal immigrants affect the whole local community, put people out of work and often trash the hotel

You misunderstood , I said it would be good business for the hotel owners that took in the immigrants and received an income , 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You misunderstood , I said it would be good business for the hotel owners that took in the immigrants and received an income , 

Selfish and irresponsible short sightedness which they often live to regret 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

No.  It's a housing shortage preventing competition and causing high rents.

Nothing to do with 10+ million increase in population since 1990? Nothing to do with immigration? What about immigrant birth rates vs British birth rates in the UK? There are other issues besides immigration closer to home too.

Britain is broken and will never recover. That's why many here on TVF have chosen to relocate to Thailand or elsewhere for a happier life.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seppius said:

The whole world is f*****.

Even the Mullahs in Iran can't get a grip back on their own country,

I assume the point is that that is a good thing. The upside of social media is they can't hide what's going on and stop people communicating.

The downside can be that many small and bigger incidents are now on youtube and can exaggerate how bad things are in places like the UK - especially if social media targets a consumer as liking videos that confirm their worst concerns but not showing you the videos that show the good things going on in society. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Nothing to do with 10+ million increase in population since 1990? Nothing to do with immigration? What about immigrant birth rates vs British birth rates in the UK?

How is this different to a housing shortage?  If there are a load of extra people, but not a load of extra houses, then you have a housing shortage. ????‍♂️

Edited by BangkokReady

11 minutes ago, 2009 said:

But they ain't leaching the social security system.

Back in the old days, migrants went for work to make an honest living.

The Chinese, Indians, Irish, Polish, Greek, Italians.....they spread to America, the UK, and Australia (etc.) to work hard and make an honest living.

I don't care if they had a valid visa or not. They were a good migrant.

Now, it isn't like that. It's all about abusing the social welfare system; they don't want to work.

Gross generalizations your thing then.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Britain is broken and will never recover. That's why many here on TVF have chosen to relocate to Thailand or elsewhere for a happier life.

The reason why people left the UK to live in Thailand is because they cannot afford to live in the U.K , Thailand is hot year round , sex is available for a cheap price  or they can find a younger girlfriend .

They didn't leave because of how the UK is .

Happier life ?

They seem to spend all day moaning and complaining about thing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Migrants to the U.K have higher employment rates than native British people .

British people have higher unemployment rates than immigrants .

They are back in the U.K working and paying for peoples pensions through their taxes

Just out of curiosity, do you want to work ?

Muslims don't only about 20% are employed

The reason why people left the UK to live in Thailand is because they cannot afford to live in the U.K , Thailand is hot year round , sex is available for a cheap price  or they can find a younger girlfriend .

They didn't leave because of how the UK is .

Happier life ?

They seem to spend all day moaning and complaining about thing 

Who is grossly generalising now. I don't know anyone who came here because they could not afford to live in the UK. Hot yes just too hot and sex is the most over rated human activity, i'd rather have a good dump at my age. I left Leicester when the 70th Mosque was built, terrible racket.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Who is grossly generalising now. I don't know anyone who came here because they could not afford to live in the UK. Hot yes just too hot and sex is the most over rated human activity, i'd rather have a good dump at my age. I left Leicester when the 70th Mosque was built, terrible racket.

So why don't you move to another part of the U.K that doesn't have Mosques ?

Why not move to Cornwall or Cowdenbeath ?

Piers Morgan who is giving the speech is well known for his antagonism and for riling people up in the morning , he does it deliberately for entertainment 

Yeah 50 baht to £ by Xmas. ????