Britain is Broken !

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

If you can't afford to support yourself and family then don't have children. 

Let’s examine this a moment.

So a couple with good well paying jobs have two children, they are earning good money and don’t need welfare.

Then along comes a recession and they both lose their jobs and can’t find work that pays their bills, they take the work they can find, but what shall they do with the children they can no long wet afford?

Send them to an orphanage, petition for the reintroduction of workhouses, or simply toss them out on the street?

People’s personal situation frequently changes, in the UK’s economy that has over the past 40 years created the precariat, constantly moving in and out of poverty is a certainty of life.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never kept any slaves, I'm not American.

Why should I accept any blame for something I didn't do in a country I've never lived?

Nobody is asking you to accept blame.

You might though pause to examine how much of the wealth of the UK was created by slavery.

You might even spend a moment to think about the slavery that exists now in the UK, and elsewhere.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You might even spend a moment to think about the slavery that exists now in the UK, and elsewhere.

I believe it's currently called 'marriage' (rather than slavery) in the UK.

You work, and she get's everything both during and for the next 19 years if you manage to escape.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Certainly the people I keep company with lead happy lives in Thailand. We all know how much better it is for us than being in the UK. 

How many here would prefer to be in the UK? 

I think you’ll find most expats take a balanced view, seeing positives and negatives.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think you’ll find most expats take a balanced view, seeing positives and negatives.

The only negative in Thailand (for me) is immigration.

Took me 2hrs last week to get my 1 year extension, so not all that much of a negative!

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, proton said:

UK ended it's involvement in the slave trade over 220 years ago and slavery in the colonies almost 200. The Navy spent 60 years patrolling the W coast of Africa stopping slave ships and freeing over 100k slaves. The British history of slavery is something to be proud of. While slavery still goes on in Africa I am not aware of them being bought and sold in the UK

I’m not sure you have a grasp of Britain’s history on slavery.

Slavery exists in the UK today and now.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You might though pause to examine how much of the wealth of the UK was created by slavery.

Yes, ok, thanks for informing us of the history.

But what's your point?

Edited by 2009

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure you have a grasp of Britain’s history on slavery.

Slavery exists in the UK today and now.

There's never been a more entitled and privileged time in UK history, probably.

Well, you could say they had it better in the 70s, 80s, and 90s regarding the economy n stuff, but still...

Edited by 2009

18 minutes ago, DezLez said:

No!  Just from my observations of real life in the UK.   

During my summer visit to the UK this year I frequently took advantage of a pint at pubs, the weather being  fabulous I enjoyed my pints outside (an English summer tradition I hear).

I wonder how many people passing thought, look at that welfare scrounger?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

The only negative in Thailand (for me) is immigration.

Took me 2hrs last week to get my 1 year extension, so not all that much of a negative!

Exactly, and we should be thankful Thailand has a sensible immigration policy protecting its country, culture, and citizens.

Edited by 2009
  • Love It 1

20 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Sure Britain is broken, probably beyond repair, Its slowly sinking just like the Titanic.  It really should not be accepting any more passengers and should have started evacuation procedures a long time ago.  Convicted foreign criminals should be put at the front of the queue and then a last in 1st out system implemented until we have lost enough excess ballast.  That works for me , I don't care what the UK hating lefties think, 

An excellent example of what passes for considered thought.

You are being shafted by people in power and you waste your time with that nonsense.

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Exactly, and we should be thankful Thailand has a sensible immigration policy protecting its country, culture, and citizens.

Thailand ’s economy is propped up by immigrants, many undocumented, it’s borders porous to those who need cheap Labour from neighboring countries.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

14 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Exactly, this is the elephant in the room that the extreme lefties are trying to ignore. ????

We are self sufficient, not bleeding the country dry. ????

Again, a gross generalization.

Immigrants are not bleeding the UK dry.

Tgey do however make a very convenient scapegoat and diversion from the UK’s myriad homegrown problems.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never kept any slaves, I'm not American.

Why should I accept any blame for something I didn't do in a country I've never lived?

First off,  thank goodness.

https://www.statista.com/chart/22057/countries-most-active-trans-atlantic-slave-trade/

"British ships also carried upwards of 3 million Africans forcefully removed from the continent, mostly to the Caribbean, the United States and the Guyanas. French ships carried 1.3 million enslaved Africans."

"I left the UK because the police were after me!"

Did you properly notify the authorities of your criminal past prior to taking on a teaching position in Thailand?
Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Like 1