Thailand targets Indian tourists for post-pandemic rebound

webfact

Well no shortage of them in Pattaya ATM, building Indian eateries every other shop front on 2nd Rd.... they have perhaps picked up some competitive leases in that soi 7/8 area which was looking ready for a demolition. 

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This guy should be sacked for being completely out of touch with the Chinese communist party and reality. For them to come early next year they would have to abandon their absolutely lunatic zero covid policy and forced lock ups, and to do that would mean admitting they were wrong all along and the rest of the world right  - never going to happen. Going to be very few Chinese I expect for 5-10 years if they carry on

OP is about Indian tourists. Chinese tourists can come later. M

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism chief says the coronavirus pandemic there is over. The country fully reopened to foreign visitors this month. The Southeast Asian nation especially wants to boost arrivals from India.

Not again plsssssssssssss

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I should state upfront that I have lived, worked, and traveled extensively in India.  I do not like Indian people and chose to avoid them if possible.

Worked in India, thought they were ok people.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

OP is about Indian tourists. Chinese tourists can come later. M

The headline in the post is about Indian tourists, but the OP does mention Chinese tourists!

"Chinese tourists used to account for more than one in four arrivals. But they haven't yet returned while Beijing continues its zero-COVID restrictions. The governor expects to see them back in Thailand during the Lunar New Year holidays starting from late January."

• Thumbs Up 1

"For now, he is eyeing another demographic with similar travel habits: young Japanese women into wellbeing, golf, and diving."

now this is a demographic I would love to see more of.

The japanese girls are well known for their "what happens in vegas, stays in vegas" attitude when it comes to having a holiday fling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"For now, he is eyeing another demographic with similar travel habits: young Japanese women into wellbeing, golf, and diving."

now this is a demographic I would love to see more of.

The japanese girls are well known for their "what happens in vegas, stays in vegas" attitude when it comes to having a holiday fling.

Edited by poskat