Masseur pulled my muscle.

Padthaigoong

5 hours ago, blueCloud888 said:

So guys, where do you recommend to go for a healthy relaxing massage after a few days of strenuous roaming around ?

I would actually recommend the one I went to but I don't think it would be prudent to name it now.

I don't blame her, the masseuse, I think it's just my physiology that caused it and I am curious to know how that works.

I also don't feel there is any lasting damage beyond a few days of discomfort.

I would be more concerned if there was any issue affecting my vertebrae rather than a muscle.

Edited by Padthaigoong

Why don't you goto a real massage place? They wear the silk dresses and traditional clothing. They will have an option for hard or soft massage.

You don't want to walk into a nameless shop and have someone in street clothes putting weird pressure on your back. It could just be someone who was hired yesterday from upcountry somewhere who was a rice farmer. It could end up hurting you or pulling a muscle.

Edited by JimTripper

29 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why don't you goto a real massage place? They wear the silk dresses and traditional clothing. They will have an option for hard or soft massage.

You don't want to walk into a nameless shop and have someone in street clothes putting weird pressure on your back. It could just be someone who was hired yesterday from upcountry somewhere who was a rice farmer. It could end up hurting you or pulling a muscle.

I have to say that I do like real massage, not particularly the traditional Thai type, but a relaxing one without all of the pressure from elbows etc, this especially as I seem unable to sleep on many occasions, and I can certainly nod off for 30 to 60 minutes when having one of these.

Luckily enough here in Patong I have located a couple of great massage places, with fully trained staff, certificates etc displayed and no funny business involved at all, so they are my main ports of call when I feel I need to go (been going to them for more than 10 years now), either because of lack of sleep, or as a result of the many football injuries I've incurred over the years in my youth, giving me some grief.

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I deliberately sought recommendations from other people for a reputable shop where I could get a health massage with no funny business.

The one I used to use called Eden closed down in the pandemic so I had to find somewhere else.

I don't think there was anything wrong with what she did. I've had the same type of massage hundreds of times before.

It's just unfortunate I seem to be prone to this especially after a long time without one.

On 10/14/2022 at 7:56 AM, CharlieH said:

Crazy going to these places. Mostly untrained and learned from the girl next to them. No contra-indications checked, and performing some pretty dangerous movements on some people.

No wonder people have been injured, some permanently.

Gotta watch 'em like a hawk and be firm.

At the same time it's also a function of money: you get what you pay for. Qualified, competent massage therapists are more expensive.

5 hours ago, BusyB said:

Gotta watch 'em like a hawk and be firm.

At the same time it's also a function of money: you get what you pay for. Qualified, competent massage therapists are more expensive.

You can apply that logic across the board in this country and that's what makes it affordable.

I don't think I would get a better massage from someone with a wall of certificates

The same thing would have happened but they would have charged me more for it.