PEA and MEA plan to shorten time taken for Solar feed-In

18 hours ago, Thaifish said:

1 year 7 months.

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

In the light of this latest announcement, it could be time to get out the sharp stick again ???? 

Assuming that the installer, or yourself, submitted the application in the first instance and all the required paperwork etc. I think it's about time to 'rattle a few cages' and collect some compensation for loss of income.

I've attached below a PDF translated copy of the 'ERC Regulations on Thailand's Solar Rooftop Programme'.  You will see from this document that if your system has been approved and the PEA have failed to pay you for power that you have generated, and you have complained to them, then you can escalate the mater to the the ERC HQ, who will investigate and give a ruling.  If they find in your favor they will instruct the PEA to pay you what they owe plus interest.

Obviously you will need to submit such a complaint in Thai and provide good backup evidence to support your claim.

It may be worthwhile trying. Good luck.

20130918_giz_translation_solar_rooftop.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

Assuming that the installer, or yourself, submitted the application in the first instance and all the required paperwork etc. I think it's about time to 'rattle a few cages' and collect some compensation for loss of income.

I've attached below a PDF translated copy of the 'ERC Regulations on Thailand's Solar Rooftop Programme'.  You will see from this document that if your system has been approved and the PEA have failed to pay you for power that you have generated, and you have complained to them, then you can escalate the mater to the the ERC HQ, who will investigate and give a ruling.  If they find in your favor they will instruct the PEA to pay you what they owe plus interest.

Obviously you will need to submit such a complaint in Thai and provide good backup evidence to support your claim.

It may be worthwhile trying. Good luck.

20130918_giz_translation_solar_rooftop.pdf 1.09 MB · 1 download

I have just finished reading the document - thanks for sharing @007 RED  I saw that the FiT listed was 6.96 baht/unit. This is the rate from the original scheme. I know some people who are still being paid this rate and are very happy about it. I note the date quoted was 2013. They closed the scheme to new applications and for some time the whole FiT was in limbo until they introduced a new scheme in 2017 at the new ฿1.68 rate and then the current 2.2 Baht/kWh.

I note it states the following about solar installer  - just wondering if this has been carried across to the current scheme:

“A person qualified to install solar PV rooftop system should be a person certified by and 
registered with the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency or a person with relevant license for professional practice”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

I have just finished reading the document - thanks for sharing @007 RED  I saw that the FiT listed was 6.96 baht/unit. This is the rate from the original scheme. I know some people who are still being paid this rate and are very happy about it. I note the date quoted was 2013. They closed the scheme to new applications and for some time the whole FiT was in limbo until they introduced a new scheme in 2017 at the new ฿1.68 rate and then the current 2.2 Baht/kWh.

I note it states the following about solar installer  - just wondering if this has been carried across to the current scheme:

“A person qualified to install solar PV rooftop system should be a person certified by and 
registered with the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency or a person with relevant license for professional practice”

I was aware that the document relates to the 2013 regulations but I think you'll find that the 'rules & regs' are still the same, its just that they have amended the rates paid for FiT and the maximum amount of power feed-in that the PEA/MEA can allocate to individual providers.

And yes, you also need a person who is professionally licenced to certify that the roof will support the weight of the solar installation ????

Edited by 007 RED
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My installer charges 20k (I think) for registration to feed in.  Says he's one of the cheapest, which I can't verify, but not a sales pitch, knowing my system doesn't quality, and me, not wanting to have anything to do with PEA/MEA.

Reason being, the 20k, he has to pay independent contractors/engineer for the certification to satisfy PEA/MEA.  Says some installers, charge up to 50k, whether exaggerated or not, or what size system charge is for, I don't know.  But the 20k doesn't sound too much of a stretch.  Especially when there's money to be gained, that "you need, or else" mind set.

On a 5kW system, how much extra will you be generating.  May be a while for that ROI.  We're using 15-20 a day now, and it's not even hot out yet.  We've produced 49kW, but that's 8kW inverter, w/ 18 (.540w) panels.  Actually used shy of 31kW and fed the grid shy of 27kW. 

Most sites state, 5kW will generate 15-20/25kW (?) a day, I think.  Doesn't leave a whole lot to export.

image.png.d2b754bdd4809c7e1305e34e05076763.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1