Retirement In Thailand

Tammi

What happens when you get really old and ill and not able to look after yourself?

I know it’s probably a breeze for guys married with much younger Thai ladies (YTL) or with a much younger Thai male companion.

But what about elderly Caucasian male (ECM) married to elderly Caucasian female (ECF) and having only equally old and decrepit friends and no close family nearby? (Not that having close family nearby might be a help wherever your home is.) Also, as far as I know, no Social Services.

If ECF dies first then ECM can, without a doubt, very soon be hitched up to YTL and hopefully all will be hunky-dory.

But what about ECF if she survives ECM? What, do you think, are her options? What would be sensible for her to do?

Should she return to her home country while she is still relatively fit and can later avail herself of whatever Social Services she may need?

Should she go to Expat Club and find another ECM? Are there ECMs who would like to meet ECFs?

Should she hire a live-in Thai companion?

What about her financial affairs? Who looks after those?

Is a Retirement Home an option? Are there retirement homes in Thailand? How much do they cost?

Can she go live in a temple?

Any other options?

Hi Tammy,

You haven't said whether the ECF will have Lots of dough (LOD) when ECM passes away.

If ECF has LOD then the best bet would be to find a YTM (Young Thai Male) to keep her happy and content in her old age.

Just don't buy any land in YTM's name or ECF could end up SFU (Six feet under).

Cheers

Mobi

Hi Tammy,

You haven't said whether the ECF will have Lots of dough (LOD) when ECM passes away.

If ECF has LOD then the best bet would be to find a YTM (Young Thai Male) to keep her happy and content in her old age.

Just don't buy any land in YTM's name or ECF could end up SFU (Six feet under).

Cheers

Mobi

:o:D

How much is a Lot of Dough?

I think YTM is not such a good idea given that women in Thailand are not considered equal to men.

And lots of ECMs buy land in YTL's name and don't go SFU until their due date.

I am sure any other advice will be gratefully reviewed by all present and future ECFs.

What happens when you get really old and ill and not able to look after yourself?

I know it's probably a breeze for guys married with much younger Thai ladies (YTL) or with a much younger Thai male companion.

But what about elderly Caucasian male (ECM) married to elderly Caucasian female (ECF) and having only equally old and decrepit friends and no close family nearby? (Not that having close family nearby might be a help wherever your home is.) Also, as far as I know, no Social Services.

If ECF dies first then ECM can, without a doubt, very soon be hitched up to YTL and hopefully all will be hunky-dory.

But what about ECF if she survives ECM? What, do you think, are her options? What would be sensible for her to do?

Should she return to her home country while she is still relatively fit and can later avail herself of whatever Social Services she may need?

Should she go to Expat Club and find another ECM? Are there ECMs who would like to meet ECFs?

Should she hire a live-in Thai companion?

What about her financial affairs? Who looks after those?

Is a Retirement Home an option? Are there retirement homes in Thailand? How much do they cost?

Can she go live in a temple?

Any other options?

God forbid Tammi ones ecu may burnt out, total disaster !

Or she could to an IOPH (International Old People Home) which still carries a Thai prize

They have some projects on this I was told; one on Bang Saray and one somewhere else

J

Thank you for this. Have googled it but can't find anything. If you hear any further info please let me know.

I did hear some years ago that a Retirement Village with all bells and whistles was being built on Koh Chang. Anybody know about that?

I did hear some years ago that a Retirement Village with all bells and whistles was being built on Koh Chang. Anybody know about that?

That must have been for Wacky Tacky.

But now he's headed for the Bangkok Hilton if he returns.

Shame about Man. City though.