Jomtien Immigration Office

Just wondering what is happening at Jomtien IO.

I do my 90 days in person. It suits me (or maybe used to suit me last 9 years.)

Once was a 2 minute job (inside).

Now it continues to be a 40 minutes waiting outside while my passport disappears.

The girls at 90 day reception ourside are brilliant.

Today it was a gutteral sounding bloke going off his nut.

Both Immigration girls removed themselves (good training/common sense). I had never seen this inside of the building.

Maybe I'll check that app after all.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Same!

We must have been there at the same time and witness the incident sitting under the tent next to each other and didn't even know it. 

I've logged on to the new website for sometime it works great until a few days ago for me. 

I got a new passport logged on to my account a few day ago filled out the information submit next morning rejected.  I try to logged back in a number of times to my account invalid? 

So like you truck down to immigration what use to be a few minute now started due to Covid takes longer outside set up. Handed in Passport given a number told one hour. 

I went back home gave it another try to sign into my account no luck! 

Back to driving back down? 

• Like 1

Yes, there appears to be a gentleman who works there to screen/accept passports who definitely needs a lot of what Anutin is selling.

I find that going after holidays is the worst time to go. Try going during the most boring time of the calendar.  A Wednesday afternoon two weeks after the last holiday and at least two weeks before the next.

• Thanks 1

I'm a 4 minute walk from Jomtien Immigration and never go near the place unnecessarily. Why go near that place, or any place, if ya don't have to? With the new online 90-day, it's unnecessary for that task. Works great with same (or next) day approval. You'll love it.

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I'm a 4 minute walk from Jomtien Immigration and never go near the place unnecessarily. Why go near that place, or any place, if ya don't have to? With the new online 90-day, it's unnecessary for that task. Works great with same (or next) day approval. You'll love it.

Agreed. I used to make this 90 days a part of Pattaya.

Pay bills, check soi post etc, have a farang feed, exchange some books.

Now it is becoming unsavoury.

I'll check the app.

• Thumbs Up 1

My condo realty agent also does immigration.  Due to the hassle I got I decided to just let them carry the ball.  I've been waiting about 2 weeks to get my first 3 months with O attached.  Had the dough in the bank.  Agent says "Immigration officer will call me tomorrow".  Doesn't sound right to me.  Anyone had that happen before or heard of it?

Thanx

45 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

My condo realty agent also does immigration.  Due to the hassle I got I decided to just let them carry the ball.  I've been waiting about 2 weeks to get my first 3 months with O attached. 

The 2 weeks is normal since it has to be approved by Division 3 headquarters that Jomtien is under.

Immigration may can you when the approval is done.

Thank you once again UbonJoe.  This site and the knowledge shared is invaluable to those of us that are hanging by threads out here (or think so).  To find out that my feet are only inches off the ground is reassuring.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

A Wednesday afternoon two weeks after the last holiday and at least two weeks before the next.

Sounds like squaring the circle. Higher math ????

Waiting for my friend in Jomtien to complain.

Told him a thousand times to do it online.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

My condo realty agent also does immigration.  Due to the hassle I got I decided to just let them carry the ball.  I've been waiting about 2 weeks to get my first 3 months with O attached.  Had the dough in the bank.  Agent says "Immigration officer will call me tomorrow".  Doesn't sound right to me.  Anyone had that happen before or heard of it?

Thanx

two to three weeks is normal for getting a new O visa, they have to send them off to Bangkok for final approval

8 minutes ago, flexomike said:

two to three weeks is normal for getting a new O visa, they have to send them off to Bangkok for final approval

Where it is approved it depends upon where you apply for the non-o visa. Not all of them are sent to division 3 in Bangkok for that is over the central region of country.

Others are sent to the division headquarters for the other 3 regions of the country.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where it is approved it depends upon where you apply for the non-o visa. Not all of them are sent to division 3 in Bangkok for that is over the central region of country.

Others are sent to the division headquarters for the other 3 regions of the country.

My op was regarding Chonburi ÌO.

Can we please keep it to that?

What is the app to download and register. I followed the link above and hit sign up for account and it didn’t go anywhere. Is there an app or should I just try again from my computer with the link above? Thanks ???? 

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds like squaring the circle. Higher math ????

Waiting for my friend in Jomtien to complain.

Told him a thousand times to do it online.

After a thousand years I successfully did my 90 days on line. Do I need to print it off my computer and pin it in my passport? I don't own a phone.

11 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

After a thousand years I successfully did my 90 days on line. Do I need to print it off my computer and pin it in my passport? I don't own a phone.

if it doesn't make too much of an effort.

Otherwise I can not remember reports that 90 day report has been checked anywhere else than at immigration office. Irrelevant for travel etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

43 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

if it doesn't make too much of an effort.

Otherwise I can not remember reports that 90 day report has been checked anywhere else than at immigration office. Irrelevant for travel etc.

Not too much of an effort to save it to a memory stick and get the wife to get it printed off in town. I was just wondering. If immigration asked for proof of it can you just quote your password? For phone owners I suppose the proof is on their phone to show.