Video: Appalling driving/hit and run leaves couple on the tarmac - police tell them to investigate

webfact

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I don't know why you're freaking out about being wrong.

Stop lying to people and risking them fines or worse. 

Answer one question please - in your understanding of the rules, can motorcycles overtake a slower vehicle using the second lane on a multi-lane road ?

Edited by richard_smith237

22 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The law.

Obviously you don't understand simple written words.

You've been obsessively ranting long posts, which are giving incorrect information, throughout the thread.

Is there something larger at play? Are you okay? In terms of mental health?

STOP!!!! 

You are so blatantly wrong. 

The scooter was doing nothing wrong. As far as anyone  knows the scooter was in the rightmost lane because it was preparing to make a right turn into one of the businesses on the right-side of the road.

The SUV was at fault for starting the U-turn from the wrong lane.

NOTE: You best be worrying about your own mental health state.......   at a minimum, learn how to drive.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

The scooter was doing nothing wrong.

Other than breaking the law and causing a collision, of course. 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

1) can motorcycles overtake a slower vehicle using the second lane on a multi-lane road ?

2) can motorcycles pass or go around an obstacle in the left most lane by using the second lane on a multi-lane road ?

Learn to read. It's there in black and white, as clear as day. ????

On 10/19/2022 at 9:27 PM, JeffersLos said:

spacer.png

The scooter rider was in the wrong. 

"The driver of a motorcycle shall keep to the curbside of the roadway as close as possible.

If such a roadway is divided into two or more lanes in the same direction, the driver shall drive the vehicle in the outermost left-hand side lane."

He should have been respecting the laws of Thailand, and the incident wouldn't have happened. 

They are lucky the police didn't fine them 400-1000B.

According to your interpretation of Section 35, trucks and passenger vehicles must also drive in the outermost left-hand side lane.

Section 35 relates to slow moving motor vehicles of all types.

Section 34 gives exceptions to that rule when:

a. there is obstruction on the road
b. the road is prescribed as one-way
c. it is necessary to enter the correct lane upon approaching a junction
d. when overtaking another vehicle
e. when driving faster than vehicles in the left-hand side lane.

It appears that c, d or e could apply in this case.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, dingdongrb said:

Are you crazy? Scooters can drive in any lane as long as they are not impeding traffic. That is, they can drive in the rightmost lane as long as they are traveling faster than the vehicles in the left lane.

The car (SUV) was clearly at fault for making the U-turn from the wrong lane.

I have been fined several times for driving at faster speed in the right lane.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:50 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  jossthaifarang is repeating the common myth which swung around Thailand 10 years ago...

At the time the Police in Sukhumvit area Bangkok (and perhaps other areas of Thailand) were running a racket - pulling over riders in the 2nd lane and fining them for not riding in the left most lane... there is no such rule. 

Some of the BiB even had no idea that there is no such rule, they simply learned from their peers - it took a while for this legacy error to sort itself out...  But, some people still believe this to be a law [that motorcyclists must stay in the left such lane] - there is no such law. 

Wrong!  It is clearly written in the traffic law, that motorbikes have to drive in the left lane.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Learn to read. It's there in black and white, as clear as day. ????

Just answer the questions...  (3rd time of asking these specific questions).... 

1) can motorcycles overtake a slower vehicle using the second lane on a multi-lane road ?

2) can motorcycles pass or go around an obstacle in the left most lane by using the second lane on a multi-lane road ?

Why are you avoiding them ?...   (I know why !!).

5 hours ago, JeffersLos said:
9 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

The scooter was doing nothing wrong.

Now you believe the scooter actually caused the collision  ???......  

I have the words to respond but they’re so accurately descriptive of your character and broken intellectual state they’d be considered damaging and offensive regardless of their grammatical and scientific accuracy...

..... Instead I’ll choose to Thank you, for you provide a lesson to us all...   Healthy balance and reason are not measured the same amongst us. I thank you for reminding me that there are outrageously imbalanced nut-jobs out there who simply refuse to recognise reality and balance - it prepares me for if or when I’m involved in a situation where the ‘other party’ is as insanely irrational as you.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xonax said:

Wrong!  It is clearly written in the traffic law, that motorbikes have to drive in the left lane.

It's clearly written the ‘traffic law’ that ALL vehicles must drive in the left most lane.....  

.... unless.......  

... ok clues for simpletons... read section 34 of these traffic laws its ’so clearly written in’... 

... So when you are riding down Sukhumvit road do you wait behind the stopping taxi’s and busses ??... Or is it legal to move into the second lane and pass them ???? 

------------

I don’t mind your misinterpretation of the traffic laws so much in this instance because your misunderstanding hurts no one... 

.... its just concerning that we are sharing the roads with such cerebrally challenged minds.

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Maybe reread the thread? It's only three pages, it's not a lot.

If you're that obsessed. 

You’re still refusing to answer those questions because you know the answer highlights your error….

5th time of asking !!!!!  

YES or No ??????

2) can motorcycles pass or go around an obstacle in the left most lane by using the second lane on a multi-lane road ?

YES or No ??????

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, dingdongrb said:

Are you crazy? Scooters can drive in any lane as long as they are not impeding traffic. That is, they can drive in the rightmost lane as long as they are traveling faster than the vehicles in the left lane.

The car (SUV) was clearly at fault for making the U-turn from the wrong lane.

If you paid attention while doing your license you would know, it is road traffic law. So no, not crazy. I just paid attention in class, this is Thailand. The only time they should drive on the right is before a u-turn...

On 10/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong on many levels....   stay off the roads, you are a danger to others !!! 

Go research the road traffic law in Thailand, it is actually true for all vehicles. Not only motorcycles. Come meet me face to face we can discuss it in person shall we? If you want to get personal that is.