Deputy PM Prawit defends his luxury watch ‘borrowing’ saga gaffe as will executor says dead friend had no such assets

webfact

22 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Bernie is a good bloke. Made his money through smart but fair business deals. A bit harsh to suggest he is remotely similar to Prawit dont you think ?

No I do not...as far as I know Prawit is not out on bail!

On 10/22/2022 at 6:58 AM, edwinchester said:

"The watches are Pattawat’s heritage, but they were not on the inheritance list because there were no important documents for them,” Gen. Prawit said.

Yeah everybody knows that the world's most expensive luxury watches come with no authentication papers when they're sold.

That statement is typical of the arrogance that appears in Thai men in positions of authority.  Utter contempt for everyone else.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, soalbundy said:

I'm told that these watches have registration numbers, why not check with the manufacturer as to who bought the watches.

Indeed but simple logic does not work in Thailand, especially when it reveals a true nature of immorality treachery, dishonesty and thievery. 

• Thanks 1

News Flash

A number of expensive watches have been accidently left on the back seat of a Bangkok taxi last night.

The driver and the cars registration are unknown or the location of the watches.

Case closed. :jap:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

The watches are Pattawat’s heritage, but they were not on the inheritance list because there were no important documents for them,” Gen. Prawit said

That sounds like tax evasion. Obviously no import sales tax and duty paid. That not even one receipt can be found from 22 luxury watches. Ridiculous. The whole watch story with his excuses is on the level of a 4 year old getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

• Thumbs Up 1

The watch man is not any more corrupt than a lot of other politicians or even a few former presidents

else where in the world. There are many corrupt people who have stolen or caused other people to become broke.

Honesty seems to be a scarce commodity amongst politicians.

• Like 1

No doubt that the Deputy PM has done nothing wrong and this is just a big misunderstanding. 

The popular PM would never allow corruption or tax-evasion within his brilliant team of leaders.

I am sure he will get to the bottom of this and also make sure the press put a stop to there fake news. Shame on those reporters!