Wife's Thai passport expires during our trip to Thailand

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really, now ??....   

Really, now ??.....   the K1 visa, right ? :giggle:

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really, now ??....   

Really, now ??.....   the K1 visa, right ? :giggle:

Well, the last visa to the US was a B1 (or B2?) visa some 40 years ago, valid for ten years then but I have not been back in 35 years and have no intention to go there again. So I am at loss with your reference to a "K1" visa. 

My point was to sound out all options, not knowing where the lady's home town is as well as not knowing, how far it is to the next Thai consulate or the embassy in Washington DC for a new passport ???? 

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, the last visa to the US was a B1 (or B2?) visa some 40 years ago, valid for ten years then but I have not been back in 35 years and have no intention to go there again. So I am at loss with your reference to a "K1" visa. 

My point was to sound out all options, not knowing where the lady's home town is as well as not knowing, how far it is to the next Thai consulate or the embassy in Washington DC for a new passport ???? 

I think the comment was because the K1 visa is a one time thing. maybe your thinking of the B1 tourist visa which is valid for 10 years.     She has an appointment by the MBK center office and IT sounds like it will be easy to pick it up at a friends house in BKK a few days later so she will have it well before its needed to leave Thailand.