Israeli man arrested at Phuket Airport with 55 firearm bullets

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

In the USA, you can check a hand gun and rounds when you fly domestically.  You need an appropriate gun license, and you must declare the items at check-in.  Not sure what’s legal flying domestically in Thailand.

Thanks, I was just wondering whether you can carry ammunition  and guns on flights in the USA , thanks for letting me know .

Anyone know whether you can carry gums and ammo on flights in Taiwan ?

More reporting says he had flown into Phuket on a domestic flight, not that he was trying to fly out. Which implies he'd lugged the ammo and mags all the way from Israel! Which would pose a lot of questions about airport security in Israel.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-720882

Not sure if Galil in 5.56 is what IDF still use as standard rifle (they also sold the Galil to Thailand). 

37 minutes ago, Siamwhiteelephant said:

Probably a blunder. He might've forgotten the ammo was tucked away in a luggage pocket if he'd hurriedly packed before flying. Israelis are generally well-informed about security issues.

I would think that most people from most Countries would realise you cannot take bullets on airplanes 

On 10/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thanks, I was just wondering whether you can carry ammunition  and guns on flights in the USA , thanks for letting me know .

Anyone know whether you can carry gums and ammo on flights in Taiwan ?

One cannot carry it onto the plane.

They transport it in storage and one gets it back at destination.

Can't be that one is boarding with these not be sure to be caught. May be miscommunication between Israeli and Thai secret service and the info was not passed over to the airport. We'll not be able to find out the matter will likely be handled between Embassies