Extension of the 45 days on arrival?

Can the 45 days on arrival be extended by another 30 days? And if so, how?

Another question: if I go to Thailand for 45 days, then leave for another country for a couple weeks and then return to Thailand, do I get another 45 days? 

I have not been to Thailand for almost 3 years. I am looking for a way to spend about 3 months in SE Asia this winter. 

Thank you.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain a 30 extension to your 45 day visa exempt extension at immigration office where you are located.

You can exit Thailand and reenter via land (border bounce) or via air and receive another 45 plus that can be extended by 30. 

So just there we have 150days. 

Regarding on what is required for extensions.......

TM7 form (with photo) 

Some basic copies of passport pages 

TM30 which is address notification (hotel can provide that)

1900baht. 

Entering visa exempt via air, the airline at departure may want to see onward flight.

This is discussed in many threads with various options outlined. Not difficult. 

Thank you ????

On 11/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain a 30 extension to your 45 day visa exempt extension at immigration office where you are located.

You can exit Thailand and reenter via land (border bounce) or via air and receive another 45 plus that can be extended by 30. 

TM7 form (with photo) 

1900baht. 

Entering visa exempt via air, the airline at departure may want to see onward flight.

Very helpful and concise, thankyou DrJack 

If I am staying in my own condo, not a hotel or rented accomodation, what to do about TM30?

On 11/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

I guess you mean airline at home country and then airline at visa bounce country?

I am guessing tourism is up as wife and I are coming.  Will get the 2nd booster today. Wasn't going to trust government but brother and family just got COVID. Doesn't sound fun. 

We are staying a bit over 45 days.  Planning to fly to Siem Reap under the 45 days.    What sort of record do you need to show as proof of flight.  Just a screenshot of confirmation page? 

I won't be extending but what is a tm7?

150 days hmmm.  Would sound nice missing the whole winter, but that would run into delightful spring and all those gardening things needed.  To do  150 days  one would have to do  the visa run  prior to March 31, 2023.  But still could get 135 days for trips beginning before March 31st. 

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thai-visa-exemption-and-bilateral-agreement

Edited by Elkski

37 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I guess you mean airline at home country and then airline at visa bounce country?

I am guessing tourism is up as wife and I are coming.  Will get the 2nd booster today. Wasn't going to trust government but brother and family just got COVID. Doesn't sound fun. 

We are staying a bit over 45 days.  Planning to fly to Siem Reap under the 45 days.    What sort of record do you need to show as proof of flight.  Just a screenshot of confirmation page? 

I won't be extending but what is a tm7?

150 days hmmm.  Would sound nice missing the whole winter, but that would run into delightful spring and all those gardening things needed.  To do  150 days  one would have to do  the visa run  prior to March 31, 2023.  But still could get 135 days for trips beginning before March 31st. 

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thai-visa-exemption-and-bilateral-agreement

The onward flight I mention is a flight out of Thailand within the 45 days. 

Any destination is ok.

If required it would be the airline at departure first leg.

Onward flight will not be asked for by immigration upon arrival in Thailand.

Screenshot is fine however why not print out hard copy.

TM7 is form for extension. 

Every entry into Thailand with a tourist visa or visa exempt can be extended by 30 days. 

Visa exempt entry after March 31 will provide 30 day stamp and an extension can be obtained.

You are permitted 2 visa exempt entries via land per calendar year.

The trip to Cambodia is via air and not included in the 2 limit (via land)  mentioned earlier. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The onward flight I mention is a flight out of Thailand within the 45 days. 

Any destination is ok.

If required it would be the airline at departure first leg.

Onward flight will not be asked for by immigration upon arrival in Thailand.

Screenshot is fine however why not print out hard copy.

TM7 is form for extension. 

Every entry into Thailand with a tourist visa or visa exempt can be extended by 30 days. 

Visa exempt entry after March 31 will provide 30 day stamp and an extension can be obtained.

You are permitted 2 visa exempt entries via land per calendar year.

The trip to Cambodia is via air and not included in the 2 limit (via land)  mentioned earlier. 

Is a trip to Cambodia by air a good option? I have never been to Cambodia. If I go to Cambodia for 5-6 days and return to Thailand I can get a second 45-day visa exempt entry? I wonder if Cambodia is safe and how it compares to Thailand ????

6 hours ago, coralia said:

Is a trip to Cambodia by air a good option? I have never been to Cambodia. If I go to Cambodia for 5-6 days and return to Thailand I can get a second 45-day visa exempt entry? I wonder if Cambodia is safe and how it compares to Thailand ????

Cambodia is fine. 

And yes it's safe. 

Can't compare the two.

Yes you  can obtain second visa exempt entry no problem .

Lot of folk love Phnom Penh.

Personally prefer Saigon.

Flights to PP and Saigon often very similar. 

Siem Reap is a must do for many travellers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Cambodia is fine. 

And yes it's safe. 

Can't compare the two.

Yes you  can obtain second visa exempt entry no problem .

Lot of folk love Phnom Penh.

Personally prefer Saigon.

Flights to PP and Saigon often very similar. 

Siem Reap is a must do for many travellers. 

Thank you. I see entry requirements differ for Cambodia and Vietnam.... Vietnam still requiring travel insurance for Covid, as opposed to Cambodia and Thailand who don't.

5 minutes ago, coralia said:

Please do.

Maybe the information is not accurate, but this is what I have read.

Link above from uj indicates insurance required. 

I will start thread in "visas to other countries" as I would also appreciate recent first hand experience.

Organizing trip for group from Oz to HCMC and plan to also meet them there. 

Hence all details re insurance and any vax certificate etc would be useful. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you leave out a not. It is not required.

Yes misread. Ta.

That's good news as group of friends coming from Oz to HCMC and I was under the understanding that insurance etc was not required. 

@coralia No insurance required. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes misread. Ta.

That's good news as group of friends coming from Oz to HCMC and I was under the understanding that insurance etc was not required. 

@coralia No insurance required. 

This is not clear to me. No restrictions means that insurance is not required? And how reliable is that website? 

16 minutes ago, coralia said:

This is not clear to me. No restrictions means that insurance is not required? And how reliable is that website? 

I didn't base earlier post re insurance on that website.

In another forum there were couple of posts from folk visiting Vietnam and there was no mention of insurance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2022 at 3:53 AM, DrJack54 said:

TM7 form (with photo) 

1900baht. 

Just to clarify, for the 30 day extension on the 45 day exemption, is there no financial requirement at all?  Will immigration ask to see cash or bank account?  Also is it best to print out and fill out the TM7 beforehand or can you fill it out on the spot at immigration?

2 minutes ago, ultramarine said:

Just to clarify, for the 30 day extension on the 45 day exemption, is there no financial requirement at all?  Will immigration ask to see cash or bank account?  Also is it best to print out and fill out the TM7 beforehand or can you fill it out on the spot at immigration?

Excellent questions....

5 minutes ago, ultramarine said:

You will not be asked to show funds.

Regarding the TM7 you can do both . Namely take it along with you all filled in with photo attached.

Or obtain it at immigration and fill it in there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Regarding the TM7 you can do both . Namely take it along with you all filled in with photo attached.

Much appreciated, DrJack54.  And I assume then you also don't have to show proof of an onward flight before the 30 days have expired? 

Edited by ultramarine

On 11/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, DrJack54 said:

Sorry for the barrage of questions.  How many days before expiry would you advise going to Immigration for a 30 day extension?  I have heard about two weeks before as a ballpark.  I'm in Chachoengsao so I don't know if that changes things. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ultramarine said:

Sorry for the barrage of questions.  How many days before expiry would you advise going to Immigration for a 30 day extension?  I have heard about two weeks before as a ballpark.  I'm in Chachoengsao so I don't know if that changes things. 

Two weeks is a good idea.

Can be done up till day of expiry but seriously not a good idea.

30 day extension will start from end of your current permit. 

Doesn't hurt to clarify that with the io at the very start. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:00 PM, coralia said:

Excellent questions....

I went this morning to get a 30 day extension to my visa-exempt. I just assumed it was done at CW. Wrong! I had to go to the 3rd floor, IT Square Laksi, just a few km from CW. There were two extra forms to fill out when I got there. Simple forms just acknowledging various rules, not much more than a signature. It was an efficient setup with the first desk making sure the paperwork was in order before giving a number to proceed. So, just a heads up if there are other sleepy heads like me thinking of going to CW.

• Thumbs Up 2