4 am Nightlife closing time pushed again by minister as TAT unveils deal to boost US tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

reduced flight connectivity, especially with North America.

Flight prices are sky high right now. A one ticket from Ord to BKK in March/April showing $750 compared to $550 before the pandemic and sometimes even as cheap as $300. May be it is the new normal. Round trip prices are still reasonable. May be I book a round trip to make a trip for three months. 

Yes all tourists and especially US tourists in this case come to Thailand to stay up late to go to the bar and than go to bed... Only the bars and benefitting from the tourists, ut the day trips organaizers not, as the people who went to the bar will not get up early to do a trip. Besides not enough dead yet because of alcohol and driving and bad enlighted roads... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not many families with kids  will be going out at 2300hrs 

So you are looking at probably the single types drinking in the bars and clubs so the bars clubs make their money after 2300hrs ????

What about the beaches  sight seeing  temples  ect which are  more popular with the normal family  tourist  they are the money makers  plus the restaurants ???? 

2 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

"... is being visited for its temples, clean beaches and nature."

Interested to see pictures of those temples, clean beaches and nature of pattaya....? Plentyful here though nature is fairly rare. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And less revenue before 11pm...

If bars close at 2am people will go out earlier.

That works for me,,,, I like to visit a gentleman's club earlier on, and  they are operating on differing hours...... I wouldn't have the stamina to go to 4am! 

But I am not a young guy, nor a tourist. 

I also think 4am closing will take custom from 8pm to midnight....

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The hours that businesses operate has nothing at all to do with government, but with market forces. Or it should be.

Most countries regulate hours of when, where and under what terms alcohol is sold as well as closing hours of niteclubs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Adumbration said:

I was at immigration the other day and the head IO told me that although there are some farangs arriving she told me their current workload is less than 20 percent what it was before covid.

Which one? 

Could be the 45 day Visa Exempt has reduced demand for extensions?

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

For once the tourism minister doing something positive for the benefit  of the tourists who come to thailand to have fun...

And for the benefit of small business owners! Elections coming up?

1 hour ago, Laphroaig27 said:

Guess he didn't here the US is in recession. Canada lol. Russia probably has higher numbers.

Of course not - he thought that once restrictions were dropped, tourists would flood back in their millions with not a thought about whether people could afford it!

• Like 1

The Tourism Minister would appear to have some skin in this game (no pun intended) - he's right though. The holidaymaker crowd can be enticed to drink all night if permitted to do so and they have wallets that need to be emptied. So another hours drinking time on the licensing hours can only be good for the coffers.

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I was at immigration the other day and the head IO told me that although there are some farangs arriving she told me their current workload is less than 20 percent what it was before covid.

last time I looked the head IO wasn't a she.