of Thailand and Islands , but still prefer Chiang Mai ,it has 

everything I need, but in the beginning some things could

only be obtained from Bangkok or sent to Bangkok to be

repaired.....

regards Worgeordie

Think Soi Nana but more ugly chicks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

In the 28 years I've known Thailand I've visited Pattaya just 3 times. It's OK for a lad's weekend but I can't say it appeals to me as somewhere to live. Though that holds for most popular tourist resorts in Thailand, fine for a holiday but wouldn't wish to live there. 

19 minutes ago, Stocky said:

In the 28 years I've known Thailand I've visited Pattaya just 3 times. It's OK for a lad's weekend but I can't say it appeals to me as somewhere to live. Though that holds for most popular tourist resorts in Thailand, fine for a holiday but wouldn't wish to live there. 

Sounds like you think Pattaya is just bar areas "ok for a lads weekend"  which i guess you would if you only go to bars

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

for a lads weekend

Well the question was about visiting tourist areas, and you would accept a large proportion of tourists going to Pattaya do so for the entertainment.

I came to Thailand first time in 1997.  I just went to Pattaya last week for the first time with my wife and friends from BKK.  Took about 2 hours each down and back.  All we saw was that big carved wooden temple, the Sanctuary of Truth.  Pretty neat.  Typical Thai road trip.  Next day I was on a plane to the USA.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Very little, I may go to a new attraction occasionally.

I am not a tourist, I live here.

I live here & I spend 100% of my time in the tourist parts. It'd be boring as hell if you didn't live in the tourist district and enjoy the tourist areas.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I live here & I spend 100% of my time in the tourist parts. It'd be boring as hell if you didn't live in the tourist district and enjoy the tourist areas.

I have all the excitement I need with making videos for YouTube, playing golf, adding to my autobiography, teaching my Thai quasi-grandaughter English, and shuttling between a condo and a village. I read a lot, listen to music, and keep up with world news. Swim and exercise. Post on ASEAN.

Traipsing from one tourist "attraction" to another is my idea of boredom. I can remember a trip to Scotland, where I coined the acronym ABC. Another Bloody Castle.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Many seem to make a distinction between "Pattaya", "Jomtien" and "Na Jomtien". I subsume all three areas under the name of "Pattaya". Should I consider to distinguish more to avoid misunderstandings ?

We live at the end of Na Jomtien, technically it is even already Sattahip because of the postal number 20250. Still I consider thinking we live in Pattaya.

I make such distinctions because I was taught that by a mate who introduced me to the place at the end of 1997. Except that he told me that three main areas were Pattaya, Jomtien and Nakluea.

He didn't ever mention the Darkside and tbh I'm not sure if he'd ever heard of the place given that he spent his days getting plastered on Soi 6. Or maybe it wasn't a thing that long ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I have a condo in the Beverly Hills of Pattaya ( Pratumnak ) that i use twice a month for weekends.

Catch up with mates, maybe watch a good sporting event, drink too much beer and now get stoned all the time. Or if friends come over from Blighty.

Rest of the time i live quietly ( and happily ) 450kms away.

Best of both worlds.

"Beverly Hills of Pattaya" - hahaha that made me laugh so hard ????????????

• Haha 2

My first apartment in the western world was on the second floor. Underneath on the first floor was a sex shop. Now many years later my situation has improved dramatically. Now I live in the middle of the red light district Central Pattaya ????

I have been here for more than 2 decades. Good are the Baht Busses and the shopping options. Unbearable in the meantime is the noisy red light district. Wasn't like this before when I (sadly) bought my condo. Please no "why don't you move" discussions... ????