U.S. Powerball jackpot grows to $1.9 billion after no winning ticket sold

Scott

Powerball Stock Photos, Royalty Free Powerball Images ...

The Powerball jackpot has grown to $1.9 billion after no winning tickets were sold in Saturday night's drawing, according to California lottery officials. The winning numbers Saturday were 28, 45, 53, 56, 69 and a Powerball of 20.

The next drawing is set for Monday. If someone wins, it will set a new record for the largest lottery prize ever.

A winner has the option to receive the prize as an annuity spread over 29 years or as a lump-sum payment of $929.1 million, the California lottery said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/winning-numbers-powerball-jackpot-announced-saturday-one-point-six-billion-dollar-drawing/

Cbs Png Logo - Free Transparent PNG Logos

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Can only USA citizens/residents take part…;-)

No, but tickets are only sold in the US (as far as I know).  And some states don't allow it.  Nevada for example, doesn't participate in the Powerball so residents of Nevada go to neighboring states to buy tickets.  When it gets this high, it can be very long lines to get tickets.  

So, you either go to the US or have someone in the US or one of the territories buy a ticket for you.

Mind boggling, that someone, if 1 winner, is on there way to being an instant billionaire.

That's taking the cash pay out, as will break 2B before #s drawn and receive half.  Literally impossible to spend that, as going over in my head what I'd do with my winnings, and it's mind bobbling how much that actually is.

With no investment, (1 billion) that's $137k USD a day for 20 years.  How do you spend that much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Mind boggling, that someone, if 1 winner, is on there way to being an instant billionaire.

That's taking the cash pay out, as will break 2B before #s drawn and receive half.  Literally impossible to spend that, as going over in my head what I'd do with my winnings, and it's mind bobbling how much that actually is.

With no investment, (1 billion) that's $137k USD a day for 20 years.  How do you spend that much.

I suspect you will suddenly have friends and family members you never knew existed!!

• Like 1

I'd put most of it in a charitable trust of some sort for the education of my grandkids and other groups.  I'd just make sure most of it was tied up so I wasn't hounded half to death by everyone that wanted something.  Of course, that's after I buy a few homes and plane to get around in.  Heck, I might even get one of those Thai Elite cards!

Powerball drawing for $1.9 billion jackpot delayed due to technical glitch

Hurry up and… wait.

The highly-anticipated drawing for the record  $1.9 billion Powerball jackpot was delayed Monday night due to a technical glitch… leaving people eagerly anticipating those winning numbers.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/powerball-winning-numbers-drawn-massive-1-9-billion-jackpot-following-delay

I am sure there are going to comments about this drawing being rigged.