COVID-19 infections on the rise among people not fully vaccinated

webfact

Serious COVID-19 infection cases on the rise in Bangkok and tourist provinces

COVID-19 infections in Thailand last week increased 12.8%, compared to a week earlier, and it is anticipated that the number of patients requiring hospitalisation is likely to increase in the next 2-4 weeks

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/serious-covid-19-infection-cases-on-the-rise-in-bangkok-and-tourist-provinces/

Edited by anchadian

On 11/12/2022 at 5:30 PM, rattlesnake said:

You have no idea whether there is a connection or not.

"I don't care what happens to you": well that's the problem, isn't it? I thought the whole point of this vax thing was caring about the welfare of others… or was that just a load of BS? (Rhetorical question).

No, the whole idea of vacs is #1 You don't die #2 You don't spread it. Your medical issues following inoculation is irrelevant. We would know if there was a connection because it would be documented but it isn't. Only you had that reaction. 

It's sad that people are reading the BS, becoming amateur virologist and endangering themselves and keeping this pandemic going. And believe me...I don't care what happens to you. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, anchadian said:

Serious COVID-19 infection cases on the rise in Bangkok and tourist provinces

COVID-19 infections in Thailand last week increased 12.8%, compared to a week earlier, and it is anticipated that the number of patients requiring hospitalisation is likely to increase in the next 2-4 weeks

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/serious-covid-19-infection-cases-on-the-rise-in-bangkok-and-tourist-provinces/

Flu season too. Cooler weather.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Flu season too. Cooler weather.

No, it's not flu season. 

Flu season in Thailand is the rainy season.

(Thailand is not the only tropical country where this is the case)

The reason is not well understood.  I might speculate that during the rainy season Thais are more indoors. 

Flu vaccinations are given before the rainy season, in May, after the school holidays. 

Just 2 posts before your post somebody wrote:

On 11/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, Pinot said:

It's sad that people are reading the BS, becoming amateur virologist

Yes, sad and tiring.

My maid has just informed me that her sister, with whom she lives, has tested positive for Covid today. I had Covid 35 days ago, with normal cold/'flu symptoms, (I've had 3 vaccines), but I'm not sure whether my recent infection, now cleared, will give me a slightly better protection from the next infection.

Just juggling whether to pause the maid for 5 or 10 days.

This goes on forever.

Any thoughts?

10 minutes ago, samtam said:

My maid has just informed me that her sister, with whom she lives, has tested positive for Covid today. I had Covid 35 days ago, with normal cold/'flu symptoms, (I've had 3 vaccines), but I'm not sure whether my recent infection, now cleared, will give me a slightly better protection from the next infection.

Just juggling whether to pause the maid for 5 or 10 days.

This goes on forever.

Any thoughts?

I would, we have, we're going through the same scenario.

15 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I would, we have, we're going through the same scenario.

Yes, I've just informed her not to come in this week, and to do a test on Tuesday, (4+ days after her sister had symptoms). I'm pretty sure she will be positive by then.

It's an abundance of caution, but at 65 & 68 it's best to avoid obvious scenarios where we are exposed again.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, samtam said:

Yes, I've just informed her not to come in this week, and to do a test on Tuesday, (4+ days after her sister had symptoms). I'm pretty sure she will be positive by then.

It's an abundance of caution, but at 65 & 68 it's best to avoid obvious scenarios where we are exposed again.

I'm 72 and feel the same way.

• Thumbs Up 1