Thai-Muslim community admires revival of Thailand-Saudi Arabia relations

snoop1130

538574a76e2a588c6d508ca7769ba50e_small.jpg

NONTHABURI (NNT) - The restoration of diplomatic relations between Thailand and Saudi Arabia has given Thai-Muslim people more work opportunities abroad.

A Thai-Muslim community leader in Nonthaburi has thanked the Thai government for its efforts leading to the successful restoration of diplomatic relations between Thailand and Saudi Arabia.

Mr. Meesak Itthitanakulchai, President of Lahan Subdistrict Administration Organization in Nonthaburi, said the revived Thai-Saudi relations allow Muslim people in Thailand to embark on their pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia with better convenience.

He has thanked the Prime Minister and the government for equal treatment of all religious faiths in the country.

Mr. Meesak’s remark was made during a gathering event of a Muslim community at Nurulhidayah Mosque in Nonthaburi, where Minister of Labour Suchart Chomklin presided over the opening ceremony.

The event featured a tea ceremony and the sales of local goods, from which proceeds go to support the construction of a building at this mosque, and support religious education in the community.

The Minister of Labour said this event signifies the government’s policy to promote participation and strength of local communities, helping villagers achieve better livelihoods.

He said the Ministry of Labour is willing to help support the construction of a new building at this mosque and support religious education.

Mr. Meesak thanked the Minister of Labour and related officials for their support, which shall allow the development of this mosque into a community learning center.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221109020329322

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-11-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I find that photo sickening. Any religion should be banned for anyone under 18 - like drugs and alcohol - choose one when your old enough, not be indoctrinated 

Yes, unfortunately in Muslim countries they get indoctrinated at a very early age. When they are 18 they can choose of course, but changing from Islam to something else can carry heavy penalties?

Northbridge is hardly the epicenter of Malay Muslims that is the majority faith in Southern Thailand. 

But given the current on-going insurrection of Malay Muslims in the Southern provinces (still under military State of Emergency?), admiration of the Thai government might not have been well received.

37 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes, unfortunately in Muslim countries they get indoctrinated at a very early age. When they are 18 they can choose of course, but changing from Islam to something else can carry heavy penalties?

The punishment for apostasy is death. A very public unpeaceful death. Or should I say "pieceful" death as beheading seems to be their preferred method. 

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Very sad watching young muslim boys going wild and enjoying themselves in the hotel swimming pool, whilst girls like these sit on a sun lounger twiddling their thumbs.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 05.46.11.jpg

The irony is that if the Saudis were to gain more influence in this part of the world they'd likely prohibit the wearing of such colourful dress and force all the women to wear black. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Islam is not a religion, it's a a theocracy. There is no separation between Church and State. That's why it's so incredibly dangerous and an affront to freedom. 

I've never lived under full Islamic rule but I have tasted small doses of it in Indonesia and Malaysia and it's not at all wholesome or healthy. 

Prior to visiting Indonesia, specifically Jakarta, I had almost zero understanding of Islam so it's not like I went there with prejudices and then became subject to confirmation bias (in case any apologists want to have a go).

Indonesian Muslims vary wildly in regards to how dedicated they are to their faith and how they deal with it. I found that when I was working  in sulawezi province that there were quite a lot of very moderate Muslims, lot's of males that drank alcohol like troopers and had a normal life whilst the muslim ladies didn't mind socializing" at all. In Sulawezi it was the people with "Christian or catholic" religion that were more conservative. Elfitri being the exception of course when all the Muslims would behave for the month.

Likewise when I worked in Sumatra the Muslim ladies were quite upfront in regards to wanting and initiating "relationship encouters" with us foreigners. The catholic ladies were snoozing while the Muslim ladies were cruising.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I find that photo sickening. Any religion should be banned for anyone under 18 - like drugs and alcohol - choose one when your old enough, not be indoctrinated 

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think if parents didn't mention religion to their children, and left them to study science until they were 18, when they finally explained their religion to their children at 18, they probably wouldn't be at all interested. 

Right or wrong, training children in whatever you want them to follow/believe has to start as soon as possible.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Indonesian Muslims vary wildly in regards to how dedicated they are to their faith and how they deal with it. I found that when I was working  in sulawezi province that there were quite a lot of very moderate Muslims, lot's of males that drank alcohol like troopers and had a normal life whilst the muslim ladies didn't mind socializing" at all. In Sulawezi it was the people with "Christian or catholic" religion that were more conservative. Elfitri being the exception of course when all the Muslims would behave for the month.

Likewise when I worked in Sumatra the Muslim ladies were quite upfront in regards to wanting and initiating "relationship encouters" with us foreigners. The catholic ladies were snoozing while the Muslim ladies were cruising.

Yes I experienced this myself and that's why Indo isn't a total write-off*. 

However you can still see the true nature of Islam if you stay long enough or if you aren't a wide-eyed backpacker that thinks the 4:00 am blaring loudspeakers are 'cool'. Or caning young people because they dared to hold hands. Or coming down to JJs in Jakarta and smashing up the place with sticks because they didn't like people having a bit of fun. 

* except Aceh. 

24 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yes I experienced this myself and that's why Indo isn't a total write-off*. 

However you can still see the true nature of Islam if you stay long enough or if you aren't a wide-eyed backpacker that thinks the 4:00 am blaring loudspeakers are 'cool'. Or caning young people because they dared to hold hands. Or coming down to JJs in Jakarta and smashing up the place with sticks because they didn't like people having a bit of fun. 

* except Aceh. 

Agree with everything said here. Worked in Indonesia, Jakarta, for 3 years, almost everyone very friendly and yes there are Muslims there that drink alcohol and even eat pork.

If you want to see real Islam, go to Saudi Arabia, try talking to the local women there and see what happens?????