Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , apart from the fact that the UK isn't doing worse than the E.U, its doing about average , in the middle and Brexiteers realise that Brexit may have been responsible for some of the UKs woes, but the main and by far the largest reason is Covid and Ukraine 

It's the EU boarder thing with Ireland i don't understand how can a line in the sea cause so much trouble, move the flogging boarder line, can't be that difficult. 

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to take that question to the Tories and the NI Unionists.

Well with the risk of pointing the finger at the EU, isn't it the EU being inon-flexible to resolve the situation. 

Surely a boat can leave UK and go to Nth Ireland without a problem. 

19 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Why am I not surprised you are blaming the EU and why do you not even know about all of this? You are just your typical Brexiter; big on emotions - small on facts and details.

Here, educate yourself - https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-53724381 

Emotional no, just don't understand why things are made so difficult.

Get rid of Nth Ireland then they voted stay in didn't they, problem solved. 

18 minutes ago, candide said:

The analysis by region is quite interesting.

"London’s globally connected economy masked a wider English malaise. While the capital recorded 2.3 percent growth, only two of England’s eight other regions eked out any gains. The northeast, including Newcastle and Sunderland, fared worst, with a 1.2 percent slump."

I guess It's not what they were expecting from Brexit when they voted against the cosmopolitan elite.....

Newcastle and Sunderland have always been in a slump. 

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Time isn’t on the side of Brexit.

Disease, cold winters and collapsing health services are only adding to the inevitable demise of Brexit support:

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/will-support-for-brexit-become-extinct/

The link you provided is biased , is composed by a German , a Finn and finally Simon Hix who is an associate of the European University Institute that have close links with the E.C.  What else would you expect other than support for the E.C. 

For all of its faults ( every country will have some ) the UK will recover once its re-birth and return to its own laws are complete . Times are tough and will be for a few more years but the UK will grow economically as it breathes the fresh air away from the E.C. and free from their restraints . 

The E.C. is not without problems and next year will also be tough . It sure is missing the £10 billion UK annual payments . 

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh right, so you would like the U.K to say " We made a big mistake in leaving the E.U and we want to re join the E.U"  and you would say "Sorry , you can not re-join the E.U because we wont let you  "?

u got it right but the last 2 words should be changed to   "we wont "" want you ""  555

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

u got it right but the last 2 words should be changed to   "we wont "" want you ""  555

That is wonderful to hear , that if the U.K DOES have a another referendum and wants to re-join the E.U, , the E.U wouldn't accept the U.K back in .

That is great news for Brexiteers

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic has become a Brexit debate and I think it has run its course . 

In my opinion the topic heading is inaccurate and misleading because the UK is not suffering alone or any more than E.C. countries and others are in the same boat . These are early days in this global recession and higher bank interest rates . Next year we will get a better picture after the effects of winter weather on energy demands and interest rates etc . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is wonderful to hear , that if the U.K DOES have a another referendum and wants to re-join the E.U, , the E.U wouldn't accept the U.K back in .

That is great news for Brexiteers

read my previous post please, I never said the EU won't accept the UK back, what I said was "" and IF  I had the power, I would veto any potential possibility of the UK re-joining..... 

I wouldn't want the UK back, me not the EU

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, superal said:

This topic has become a Brexit debate and I think it has run its course . 

In my opinion the topic heading is inaccurate and misleading because the UK is not suffering alone or any more than E.C. countries and others are in the same boat . These are early days in this global recession and higher bank interest rates . Next year we will get a better picture after the effects of winter weather on energy demands and interest rates etc . 

I think for the EU the worse is yet to come.

Middle of next year UK will be way out on front. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, superal said:

The link you provided is biased , is composed by a German , a Finn and finally Simon Hix who is an associate of the European University Institute that have close links with the E.C.  What else would you expect other than support for the E.C. 

For all of its faults ( every country will have some ) the UK will recover once its re-birth and return to its own laws are complete . Times are tough and will be for a few more years but the UK will grow economically as it breathes the fresh air away from the E.C. and free from their restraints . 

The E.C. is not without problems and next year will also be tough . It sure is missing the £10 billion UK annual payments . 

So, erm, the older voters who predominantly voted for Brexit aren’t dying off then and young people who predominantly voted remain don’t have decades of life and voting opportunities ahead of them?

• Like 1