Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Please spare me the sanctimonious, victimised claptrap.

If you've posted this link previously why didn't you simply point this out in your original reply and direct me to your original post?

Alternatively, are you suggesting that I accept each of your pronouncements as factual without question? If so, this is (misplaced) arrogance personified on your part. There are far too many counter-examples to allow me to do that e.g. your continual refusal to accept that Brexit has caused significant damage to the UK economy despite the wealth of data presented to support this view.

Good supporting evidence (provided by a link to a Guardian article!).

Looking forward to similar links to support your other contentions.

Mickmanus previously claimed to have stopped using the Guardian as a source because it predominated the results being produced by Google searches. That sounded very believable.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Mickmanus previously claimed to have stopped using the Guardian as a source because it predominated the results being produced by Google searches. That sounded very believable.

No I didn't , stop lying .

I said that I don't read Guardian links , I didn't say that I don't give Guardian links for other people to read . I need to post Guardian links because people wont believe its true if the same information is in another news source .

If I posted a link to the Daily Mail with the same info, some posters would say it was untrue because its in the DM , that's why I post Guardian links, so people believe its true without question 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, RayC said:

Please spare me the sanctimonious, victimised claptrap.

If you've posted this link previously why didn't you simply point this out in your original reply and direct me to your original post?

That's because I hadn't posted a link previously .

I can see with my own eyes that people have cut back with electric usage , at night time its quite obvious to see if lights are on or off .

I have been to pubs where they uses candles and not electric for light and I have asked hundreds of people whether they have cut down on their utility usage and 100 % of them said that had .

I knew that people have cut down on their utility usage and as you questioned that , I did a websearch and posted the results and the Guardian was the first result to appear

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That's because I hadn't posted a link previously .

I can see with my own eyes that people have cut back with electric usage , at night time its quite obvious to see if lights are on or off .

I have been to pubs where they uses candles and not electric for light and I have asked hundreds of people whether they have cut down on their utility usage and 100 % of them said that had .

I knew that people have cut down on their utility usage and as you questioned that , I did a websearch and posted the results and the Guardian was the first result to appear

My daughter's cut down on home electric use because she spends most of her time waiting and sleeping in an NHS ambulance waiting to get a patient into hospital.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, RayC said:

Alternatively, are you suggesting that I accept each of your pronouncements as factual without question? If so, this is (misplaced) arrogance personified on your part. There are far too many counter-examples to allow me to do that e.g. your continual refusal to accept that Brexit has caused significant damage to the UK economy despite the wealth of data presented to support this view.

Ray , that is not true .

What I have stated is the Covid and Ukraine have been the main reason for UKs current economic woes , which is quite different to your incorrect statement about what I have claimed

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No he’s correct. You keep refusing to accept brexit has played a major role in the uks economic woes. 

A major role? A minor role? Who knows?

Closing the economy down for 2 years  played a role. It impacted output, retail sales, imports and exports.

A war also plays a role. 

Was the impact more or less than that of Brexit? Nobody knows for sure. Will things improve? Not sure but possible. Will things get worse? Not sure but possible.

Those who are so sure one way or the other should go out and buy a lottery ticket. Their ability to see into the future will surely help them choose the right numbers.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, puchooay said:

A major role? A minor role? Who knows?

Closing the economy down for 2 years  played a role. It impacted output, retail sales, imports and exports.

A war also plays a role. 

Was the impact more or less than that of Brexit? Nobody knows for sure. Will things improve? Not sure but possible. Will things get worse? Not sure but possible.

Those who are so sure one way or the other should go out and buy a lottery ticket. Their ability to see into the future will surely help them choose the right numbers.

All the links I’ve posted so far on this thread show that brexit has played a major role. Go back and read them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This is why it's futile to debate with many on the right. They are stuck in the echo chamber of confirmation bias.

The Guardian is biased but it's factually reliable.

https://adfontesmedia.com/the-guardian-bias-and-reliability/

Your link shows that the Guardian has a left wing bias to about the same extent as Fox news has a right wing bias