90 Day "Show Money" Orders at Jomtien with bank method retirement extensions are "UP TO YOU"

25 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

WRONG !  You have a choice - you can follow it or ignore it !!   That is the real answer you should be giving out 

Same meaning  either way.

I didn't say you must ignore it.

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Much ado about nothing, it's a 2 minute walk in walk out job even if choose to you follow it. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

Not really that easy.

You have update your bank book which for some people involves needing to go on a bank.

You need to do copies.

You need to schlep to Immigration. 

Hardly just a few minutes.

But you don’t need to do it at all because there is no consequence to not doing it.

I dare say there is no benefit to doing it either.

What matters is actually following the balance maintenance rules THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. Not only 3 months.  You can submit that optional report but if you fall out of balance compliance later in the year your application will be rejected regardless.

Edited by Jingthing

On 11/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, Jen65 said:

My "official" information states that " different offices have different requirements "  .

Bearing that in mind , I would think it best to comply with whatever Immigration Office requests of you , especially when it's a written notice .

If one has had a problem , all be it  a very small one, with the 800,000 remaining for 3 months after the extension of stay , then far better to talk/explain that then and there rather than ignore the letter .  Who knows,  you may unknowingly get a black mark for ignoring immigration requirements and it may make you more "in the line of fire"  when your next renewal of stay due !!    Never argue with Immigration, follow their requirements and never have any problems !

If you have a problem maintaining the 800k you are buggered….words won’t help you, money might.

The bank balance requirements are clearly set out in @Jingthing original post. Do not deviate from them - but don’t waste the effort of going back after 3 months to prove that you are complying.

The letter is just an unnecessary piece of admin. 

Keep in mind the show money report and the balance maintenance rules which cover the entire year are totally different.

The report you may skip.

The balance maintenence rules you must comply with (or if not seek an agent or start over).

I am concerned that some of our dear elder expats might think that they don’t have to learn and comply with the balance maintenance rules. That is not the case.

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not really that easy.

You have update your bank book which for some people involves needing to go on a bank.

You need to do copies.

You need to schlep to Immigration. 

Hardly just a few minutes.

But you don’t need to do it at all because there is no consequence to not doing it.

I dare say there is no benefit to doing it either.

What matters is actually following the balance maintenance rules THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. Not only 3 months.  You can submit that optional report but if you fall out of balance compliance later in the year your application will be rejected regardless.

Yes, yes, yes we all know that, no need to reinvent the wheel. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Much ado about nothing, it's a 2 minute walk in walk out job even if choose to you follow it. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

For some folk it's a major trip to immigration office. 

Your "2 minute walk " posts are somewhat naive 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And absolutely no need to report back with bank book after 3 months. 

Your point? 

Referring to the repeating of the seasoning rules by him again, ( for the 3rd time in the thread ), do people submitting their own extensions need to be told, I certainly don't and he was addressing the point to me. Never saw any confusion from anyone on that point in the thread.

He mentioned being intimidated by the reporting submission in the OP, I said it's a 2 minute walk in and out job, ( in the immigration office ), which has been my experience.  No idea how long it takes people to get to Jomtien Immigration office, never said I did. 

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, kinyara said:

No idea how long it takes people to get to Jomtien Immigration office, never said I did. 

However for you it's a 2 minute gig.

Congratulations. Not so simple for many. 

What would be a high low guesstimate of attending Jomtien immigration after obtaining bank book update etc. 

Edited by DrJack54

• 6 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, Mike Teavee said:

As I posted in another thread, I have never been asked to go back after 3 months to show I still have the 800K in the bank BUT I do use an agent to do all of the paperwork for me so I can only assume that either I'm getting an additional "Perk" for using an agent OR even the agent doesn't think it needs doing. 

NB I keep the 800K in the bank all year round so it wouldn't be a problem for me to show this, just have never been asked to do so at Bangkok (CW) or Jomtien. 

Can I ask why you use an agent if you have the 800k in the bank all year round?

I'm in the same boat with the 800k having a balance all year round, the paperwork is no big deal and although making a trip to the immigration for an hour is not high on my favourite things to do here I would imagine the fees wouldn't justify letting an agent do it. Although I'm saying that not knowing what the agent fees are!

On 11/13/2022 at 10:22 PM, Sparktrader said:

Go to Cambodia

Why would I want to go to Cambodia, Laos or anywhere else, leave my family in Thailand and support them, live on my own at 79 years old in another country?

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

It could have taken me 3 trips (& a cancelled holiday) to do it myself & as I was living in On Nut, CW was 1.5 - 2hours each way so would have been 3 days & approx. 3,000b in transport costs. 

That's fair enough and was definitely worth it there!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, DrJack54 said:

There is no repercussions from not returning back to immigration at the 3 month mark with bank bank.

That's it period. 

I think it is more accurate to say that, historically, there have been no repercussions. It is possible that this could change. I think any crackdown would likely only occur after an announcement that enforcement was going to start (but no guarantees). As long as the account does have the 800k baht, enforcement would surely just be a small fine. If the account balance had dropped below the required threshold, it could be serious.

54 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think it is more accurate to say that, historically, there have been no repercussions. It is possible that this could change. I think any crackdown would likely only occur after an announcement that enforcement was going to start (but no guarantees). As long as the account does have the 800k baht, enforcement would surely just be a small fine. If the account balance had dropped below the required threshold, it could be serious.

I'll go on record with this.

There will never be any consequences for ignoring that report.