Warning of serious lung infection caused by smoking e-cigarettes

webfact

image.jpeg

Thai people are warned about the harmful effects of electronic cigarettes and are being advised not to fall prey to false advertising claiming that they are safe.

Dr. Kajohnsak Kaewjarus, deputy director-general of the Disease Control Department, issued the warning after Ramathibodi Hospital recently released a report on serious lung infections, known as E-cigarette, or Vaping Product, Use Associated Lung Injury (EVALI), being caused by thesmoking of electronic cigarettes.

Symptoms of EVALI include a cough, shortness of breath or chest pain. Additionally, gastrointestinal symptoms may develop, including nausea, vomiting, stomach pains and diarrhoea, as well as nonspecific constitutional symptoms like a fever, chills or weight loss.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/warning-of-serious-lung-infection-caused-by-smoking-e-cigarettes/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Damn them, is it less harmful than smoking regular cancer sticks or more so? Personally I think regular cigarettes should be made more harmful to the user to kill these idiots off faster... but have been in favour of the lesser impact of other peoples habits these e-ciggies were supposed to present! 

Bloody medical professionals can't make their minds up! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did a little research about e cigarettes and was shocked at so called doctors who peddle the so called serious dangers. Compare cigarettes and e cigarettes then you see one that is so dangerous and a killer and the other which is in comparison very safe alternative. Yes some abuse e cigarettes and the illegal vaps  can be dangerous as made in some back kitchen and mixed with god knows what. I tried vap but didn't take to it but I did enjoy it. 

7 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

"Thai people are warned about the harmful effects of electronic cigarettes"

So for non Thai's its OK to smoke them?

How about real cigarettes, no mention, I wonder why?

Real cigs - get sick, lose money

Fake ones - get sick more slowly, lose money

Only dumb people smoke