How many trips home can you make with 6 month visa?

I am thinking of taking the wife back to the UK for a holiday and I can apply and pay for the 6th month visa, if we went in say May could we then go again in August/ September time if it were still within the 6 months time frame?

Thanks for any help, unable to see any help on the official sites.

UK Standard Visitor Visa is Multi-entry so technically as many trips as you can squeeze in during it's validity 

https://www.ivisa.com/united-kingdom-blog/uk-standard-visitor-visa-for-the-citizens-of-thailand#:~:text=The UK Standard Visitor Visa is a Multiple Entry visa.

Do note that the Visa is valid for 180 days after date of issuance so if you applied & got one now you might not even be able to enter on your May holiday. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

Well I don't know. All I can say is that the police told me that tripping is not allowed on 6 month visas or any other kind of visa, and if they catch me doing it, they will bang me up. What they said was 'You're a bloody drug addict and we're sick of it, so we catch you tripping again and its steel bar for you.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Well I don't know. All I can say is that the police told me that tripping is not allowed on 6 month visas or any other kind of visa, and if they catch me doing it, they will bang me up. What they said was 'You're a bloody drug addict and we're sick of it, so we catch you tripping again and its steel bar for you.

You have a UK visa ?

When you apply for your visa for the UK you provide your itinerary as part of the visa application.

If you intend to make multiple trips you should probably say so at application time. If you just provide an itinerary for a single trip and make multiple trips, that could potentially cause difficulties with future applications.

You can make multiple entries throughout the validity of a Standard Visit Visa, and whilst there is no requirement to declare subsequent visits during the initial application, other than the first planned visit, and it shouldn’t cause any problems in the future, the Border Force Officer may well asking some in depth questions is the number of return visits is too frequent.

• Like 2

Officially, there is no limit on the amount of entries on a standard British visitors visa.  However, depending on the information given to support the visa application in the first place, an immigration officer would be entitled to question whether that information is relevant to any subsequent entries.

For example, if the purpose of the visa was to visit a husband/boyfriend and they had acted as sponsor - the I.O. would be entitled to check that the relationship still exists and that the funds are still available,

In theory, most subsequent visits are likely to involve a material change - in that the information given will usually refer to just one visit.  As such, an entry could be refused.  A different scenario would clearly exist if the applicant had stated that they intended multiple entries on the application form.

That said, my ex visited again without any questions being asked. However, there will always be a risk of denied entry if there is any material change to the applicant's circumstances or the information given on the application. Entry is never guaranteed - refusal is always possible at the port of entry.

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Entry is never guaranteed - refusal is always possible at the port of entry.

True of most visas from any country. Final decision rests with the border officer to let you in or not. Usually of course they do let you in but they have absolute power to detain and question you then send you back where you came from.

3 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

True of most visas from any country. Final decision rests with the border officer to let you in or not. Usually of course they do let you in but they have absolute power to detain and question you then send you back where you came from.

Yes but in most countries they have to have good reason to refuse entry and there is an appeal process.  However 'some' countries (mentioning no names) put people off appealing by locking them in a jail until their case is heard and 'some' officers use spurious reasons for refusal.

Relating this to the OP, its not something I would recommend - my ex did it at her own risk.  I've known people be gievn a grilling on their first entry.  Its not something I'd risk without an e-mail to (and reply from) UK Immigration noting any pertinent circumstances - i.e. that the funds are in place, with proof.

In his particular case though, as his wife hasn't actually made the application yet, he should make sure that the possibility of a second visit exists and make sure full details are given. I don't think the date of the second visit would need to be accurately covered though.

If his wife is questioned at any stage, the most important things will be to establish reasons to return and that the costs are fully covered.

Edited by KhaoYai