BB Gun for target shooting

samuttodd

Good Afternoon all,

I would like to get an air rifle to shoot aluminum cans off the fence behind my house.   It was something that I used to do back home to relax and I have a perfect spot for it here.

In the States,  we have a vast selection of air rifles/pellet rifles, but in Thailand it looks like there are restrictions as far as total power.

I'd prefer not to get a CO2  cartridge arrangement.  I'd prefer a spring piston (the kind where you cock a lever or the barrel) and it sets a strong spring.

Looks like Lazada has this https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10000-well-mb03-vsr10-2022-i4213320439-s16596286626.html?clickTrackInfo=undefined&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.5336136eDXjBDY

Claims to shoot @520fps.

not sure if this will take a .177 pellet too, or just a bb?

Any other places that might have some other options that you all could suggest?

59 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Good Afternoon all,

I would like to get an air rifle to shoot aluminum cans off the fence behind my house.   It was something that I used to do back home to relax and I have a perfect spot for it here.

In the States,  we have a vast selection of air rifles/pellet rifles, but in Thailand it looks like there are restrictions as far as total power.

I'd prefer not to get a CO2  cartridge arrangement.  I'd prefer a spring piston (the kind where you cock a lever or the barrel) and it sets a strong spring.

Looks like Lazada has this https://www.lazada.co.th/products/10000-well-mb03-vsr10-2022-i4213320439-s16596286626.html?clickTrackInfo=undefined&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.5336136eDXjBDY

Claims to shoot @520fps.

not sure if this will take a .177 pellet too, or just a bb?

Don't buy that item, no rating and new seller

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a gas target pistol. Dont get the ones with the little soda bombs. Best ones these days you fill the magazine with air like you would refill a lighter. I dont think you will find spring compression pistols / rifles here..they are available but under the table and usually expensive and low quality. One I got is a KJ Works Mk1. Google the reviews on it. They are very powerful at 450 fps and extremely accurate and consistent up to 30-50m. We regularly shoot cans and easily pierces aluminum. Usually about 3000-3500 on Lazada but I got mine for 2500 with BBs and gas. Very happy with it. Do a google search to find them on Lazada. Get a lot more results than Lazadas crappy search engine. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

It looks like that KJ Works Mk1 is a CO2 powered airsoft gun that shoots 6mm plastic bbs,   I am trying to find a cocking lever or pcp rifle in .177 caliber that shoots steel bbs or pellets.

You wont find a .177 lever style air rifle / pellet gun. Well like I said you can but they are usually really poor quality Chinese made ones sold under the table at year fairs and festivals and from memory near 8000 baht. There was a BB seller in our local Big C mall selling long barrel revolvers that fired .177 but were incredibly expensive and they have gone now. If you have a look on Lazada you cant even buy pellets and these sort of air rifles pistols need fairly regular maintenance repair which may be difficult if not impossible. I also have a gas BB revolver (hammer / cocking) fairly high power and I was shooting steel BBs out of it (though they are not designed for it) and they pack a punch but accuracy is awful. One of my reasons was good to have something like that in the house for security but the issue with the gas guns (all types) is if you leave the gas bomb / refill in them they leak over a few weeks and doesn't do the seals much good either. If it is purely target practice and maybe bird / rat control you should give the plastic BBs a go. I was of the exact feeling as you but they are pretty awesome. I hear you though. I would love a good quality proper 22 air rifle / pellet gun with a scope but not only has it been impossible to find they are I believe as illegal as a normal firearm and having one in the home may not be such a good idea. Just my thoughts

Edited by Kenny202

1 minute ago, samuttodd said:

well hell.   Maybe I'll just get an archery set.  

I  know I could diesel the pellets in a pellet gun and get way more power out of it,  But I can't even find a decent base model to do that with.

The way things are going you will be lucky to get BB guns soon. I believe they are catching people that have converted them to firing real bullets lol. 

50 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

It looks like that KJ Works Mk1 is a CO2 powered airsoft gun that shoots 6mm plastic bbs,   I am trying to find a cocking lever or pcp rifle in .177 caliber that shoots steel bbs or pellets.

You need a licence to get them and not sure but restricted to 500fps, many there's on airguns

If it is shooting 500fps out of the box,  then you should be able to diesel it and get another 30% from it. 

If you tried to convert an air rifle to fire conventional ammunition,  you would likely find yourself at the receiving end of a blast.  

like this   ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.8cB7D15RXkHv5NLU2i-znAHaEj%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=a0f8eee9fcc635f62804b73ede9babf1439b3482299fd89439ec5bc7915b36ed&ipo=images

• Thumbs Up 1

^ doesn't look at all safe!

But in the news 8 November. The expat mechanical engineer in Kathu, Phuket,was one of those arrested:.

Regarding the firearms-related cases, the police chief singled out the case of “Veerayuth” (surname withheld), owner of the Charoen Airsoft 4289, who allegedly sold BB guns as well as modified BB guns, which can be used to fire real bullets, online.

He said that police have raided 209 workshops, allegedly involved in the modification of BB guns, and arrested 54 suspects, seized 110 modified BB guns, 11 explosive items and a large haul of ammunition.