Ukraine war: Nato says Poland probably hit by Ukrainian missile

Scott

screenshot_18882.jpg

Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has told the BBC that a missile which killed two people in Poland on Tuesday was probably Ukrainian.

"Most likely this is a Ukrainian air defence missile," he said as investigations continued into the blast near the Ukrainian border.

But he stressed that Russia was ultimately to blame because of its ongoing invasion of Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63656664

BBC.jpg

Ukraine informed Pentagon about intercepting Russian missiles near Polish border

"The Ukrainian military told U.S. and allies that it attempted to intercept a Russian missile during the timeframe and near that location of the Poland missile strike," the report reads.

Echoing what U.S. President Joe Biden said earlier, the source added that the missile’s trajectory suggested it’s unlikely it was launched from Russia.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-informed-pentagon-intercepting-russian-180900316.html

nato had it's airplanes in the border area and see live what happened, they were fully aware it's ukrainian s-300 ground-air missile. Their radars can well see into ukrainian territory.

So fully aware were poland and ukraine. 

There was no space for "probably" or "most likely". I understand Stoltenberg is a chef of a military alliance and has it's bias, but he clearly defies already established facts. 

It was deliberete spin on ukrainian side to escalate and involve nato by article 5.

what is puzzling for me is quote from the linked article:

"Ukraine itself continues to say that Russia actually fired the missile.

"I have no doubt that this is not our missile," President Volodymyr Zelensky said in televised remarks. "I believe that this was a Russian missile, based on our military reports."

That is plainly misinformation, war propaganda. They are part in this conflict and intentionally deny their involvement in this accident and that would implicate them in many previous such other accidents within their borders. 

I do watch scott ritter's independent point of view on situation and find them convincing information and commentary on what happen. Certainly, he is not involved in this conflict, as stoltenberg, zelensky or nationalistic politicians from poland and baltic states. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

nato had it's airplanes in the border area and see live what happened, they were fully aware it's ukrainian s-300 ground-air missile. Their radars can well see into ukrainian territory.

So fully aware were poland and ukraine. 

There was no space for "probably" or "most likely". I understand Stoltenberg is a chef of a military alliance and has it's bias, but he clearly defies already established facts. 

It was deliberete spin on ukrainian side to escalate and involve nato by article 5.

what is puzzling for me is quote from the linked article:

"Ukraine itself continues to say that Russia actually fired the missile.

"I have no doubt that this is not our missile," President Volodymyr Zelensky said in televised remarks. "I believe that this was a Russian missile, based on our military reports."

That is plainly misinformation, war propaganda. They are part in this conflict and intentionally deny their involvement in this accident and that would implicate them in many previous such other accidents within their borders. 

I do watch scott ritter's independent point of view on situation and find them convincing information and commentary on what happen. Certainly, he is not involved in this conflict, as stoltenberg, zelensky or nationalistic politicians from poland and baltic states. 

I watched Ritter a few times and had a good a laugh when he painted the collapse of Russian troops in the east as a kind of victory. He still maintains that the Russian armed forces are first rate. Or at least he did the last time I watched him

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I watched Ritter a few times and had a good a laugh when he painted the collapse of Russian troops in the east as a kind of victory. He still maintains that the Russian armed forces are first rate. Or at least he did the last time I watched him

I followed your lead and decided to watch a segment of a vid interview with Ritter which was recorded on the 4th Nov. In it he says "Russia has the momentum, the initiative and has realistic objectives that can be obtained. Nobody on this planet believes Ukraine is going to recapture Kherson." ????

Listen to this Ritter guy to get an idea about what's NOT going to happen!

Pure fantasy world, but then fantasies are common for convicted sex offenders.

Ritter is a sex offender. He was arrested in 2001 after contacting cops who were posing as underage girls online, but the charges were dismissed on condition he entered intensive counseling, The New York Times reported. He was convicted for a 2009 incident where he masturbated on a webcam for an undercover law enforcement officer who repeatedly stated he was a 15-year-old girl.)

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

nato had it's airplanes in the border area and see live what happened, they were fully aware it's ukrainian s-300 ground-air missile. 

Isn't the S-300 manufactured by Russia and exported?

Also Ukraine has captured S-300's from Russia during this war. Ukraine has been able to spoof the S-300 with air drones and air fighter missile attacks, so the S-300 isn't the sharpest tool as an air-to-air defense.

If Russia wasn't attacking infrastructure and civilians with their missiles, Ukraine wouldn't need such an imprecise counter weapon. Perhaps in the interim before any Iron Dome systems reach Ukraine. Poland should assist Ukraine I stopping Russian missile attacks against Ukraine. As such Poland's anti-missiles would be flying out of Poland.

Kind of makes you wonder, IMHO, how many other incidents, blamed on RU, were really false flags by UA to drum up support.

When billions of $$$ are involved, you really can't believe anyone IMHO

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Kind of makes you wonder, IMHO, how many other incidents, blamed on RU, were really false flags by UA to drum up support.

When billions of $$$ are involved, you really can't believe anyone IMHO

Isn't that why investigations occur and official announcements are made? This particular incident has not been fully investigated yet.

This list of incidents and war crimes has though:

UN Commission has found an array of war crimes, violations of human rights and international humanitarian law have been committed in Ukraine

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2022/10/un-commission-has-found-array-war-crimes-violations-human-rights-and

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pure fantasy world, but then fantasies are common for convicted sex offenders.

Ritter is a sex offender. He was arrested in 2001 after contacting cops who were posing as underage girls online, but the charges were dismissed on condition he entered intensive counseling, The New York Times reported. He was convicted for a 2009 incident where he masturbated on a webcam for an undercover law enforcement officer who repeatedly stated he was a 15-year-old girl.)

In what way is your (standard) Ad Hominem attack related to his comments on Ukraine/Russia?

"Typically, this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than addressing the substance of the argument itself."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

In what way is your (standard) Ad Hominem attack related to his comments on Ukraine/Russia?

"Typically, this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than addressing the substance of the argument itself."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Next time you quote one of my posts then do so in full rather than take it out of context. Had you quoted the full post the reference to your question was there. Try again and I may just reply.