56-year-old man in Phuket wins first prize in Thai lottery, 12 million baht in total

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Thalang Police

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – A 56-year-old man who lives in Phuket won the first prize in the Thai national lottery, receiving a prize of 12 million baht.

The Thai lottery is announced twice each month (the 1st and 16th of each month). One set of the first prize lottery is worth 6 million baht.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/11/17/56-year-old-man-in-phuket-wins-first-prize-in-thai-lottery-12-million-baht-in-total/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-11-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

$200 USD. What a lucky guy. If I win it, I have to pay lots of sugar babies that I promised I would give them if I win a lottery. But no luck yet. 

If you win, would you declare it on your Fed IRS form? You know, pay tax.

5 hours ago, Celsius said:

I need a loan

Well they published his name (did they have his permission?), hopefully his adddress, mobile no., has not been published.

But of course how many people will he tell.

Then the pressure from relatives all claiming to have more/higher priority for a handout. 

3 hours ago, grain said:

Why on earth would he go to the Thalang Police Station and notify them of his lottery win? Unless he wanted some extra security, I can't think of any reason to notify the cops.

I believe they do this so if the ticket gets stolen and there is a dispute about ownership,  some security is provided.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Onerak said:

$200 USD. What a lucky guy. If I win it, I have to pay lots of sugar babies that I promised I would give them if I win a lottery. But no luck yet. 

200$ ? its more like 335,000$ US

And rule #1 if you win a lot of money. Do not tell any one, Not even your own family. I just create jealousy and all want a part of it.

4 hours ago, paulikens said:

@cracker1 I actually thought it was part of the terms and conditions of winning it.  isn't that the case?

You are right to an extent. I think you have to inform the police, at least confirm the ticket is yours.

I don't know if they are entitled to any of the winnings.

• Like 1