Thai Visa Expert, any experiences good or bad?

12 minutes ago, eboy said:

Sorry for the ambiguity. I am considering using them as an agent to aid me with a visa issue.

No issue whatsoever.

You might like to outline what TVC are doing for you.

Non O retirement plus extension without funds is common 

• Like 1

I'm considering using them to help me change from an O-A to an O retirement visa. I've exchanged a few emails with them, but haven't decided whether to use their services. If other people have experience with them I'd be happy to hear their about their experiences, good or bad.

Or you have another agent that you love, please let me know. ????

50 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No issue whatsoever.

You might like to outline what TVC are doing for you.

Non O retirement plus extension without funds is common 

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss illegal things on the board?

Visa / extension money gets not only a pass but helping hand every time.

• Haha 2

Earlier this year I did my extension at Chaengwattana with TVE.

Took only an hour. 40 mins for the bank book/deposit and then about 20 mins for ext application.

31,000B all in. (6k for bank book and deposit. 25k for ext.) A little expensive but another place quoted me 38k. And other places were cheaper but were located in Pattaya/Samut Prakarn. 

TVE met me at CW which is on my doorstep. I plan on using them again soon. 

19 hours ago, zzzzz said:

tik tok services in Pattaya gets good reviews 

Thai Visa Centre. in Bangkok as well
You first need exit, come back on visa exempt, convert to Non O in country and than apply for the 1 year extension

I am arriving in a fortnight on a Visa Exempt. How do I get a Non O and what are the income requirements.  I am an octogenarian ????

On 11/19/2022 at 5:35 PM, DrJack54 said:

The only way to get rid of your non O-A is to exit country (assume you are on extensions and do not have a valid non O-A) is to exit Thailand and reentry visa exempt and obtain a non O inside Thailand and subsequently obtain 12 month extension.

Or exit without reentry permit and obtain non O at a consulate.

You must leave Thailand 

My non 0-A is currently valid and expires in February. From your comment it sounds like I need to get some sort of short-term extension, so that the non O-A expires but I'm still in Thailand legally, then do a border run and re-enter and apply for a non O. Is that right?

1 hour ago, eboy said:

My non 0-A is currently valid and expires in February. From your comment it sounds like I need to get some sort of short-term extension, so that the non O-A expires but I'm still in Thailand legally, then do a border run and re-enter and apply for a non O. Is that right?

If your non O-A is still valid you could just do a border bounce of fly out/in just prior to expiry and be stamped in for another 12 months.

Insurance required.

Or do a border run at very end of your non O-A and reenter visa exempt and then obtain a non O at Thai immigration.

Then subsequently obtain 12 month extension 

4 hours ago, fgmr said:

I am arriving in a fortnight on a Visa Exempt. How do I get a Non O and what are the income requirements.  I am an octogenarian ????

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day your apply or letter from your embassy to confirm your income of at least 65k baht monthly income.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 day of the 90 day stat from the non-o visa you could apply for a one year extension of stay. The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

4 hours ago, fgmr said:

What are your plans after the non O?...... obtain 12 month extensions and live in Thailand? 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If your non O-A is still valid you could just do a border bounce of fly out/in just prior to expiry and be stamped in for another 12 months.

Insurance required.

Or do a border run at very end of your non O-A and reenter visa exempt and then obtain a non O at Thai immigration.

Then subsequently obtain 12 month extension 

Thanks for your helpful comment. I'd want to do the second option because I want to get out from under the insurance requirement.

One question: What is "visa exempt"? Let's say I fly to Cambodia a couple of days before my O-A visa expires and return a week later. What do I tell Thai customs at the airport in Bangkok so that I'll be in good standing to go to Immigration and apply for an O visa? In case it's relevant, my citizenship is USA.

6 minutes ago, eboy said:

One question: What is "visa exempt"? Let's say I fly to Cambodia a couple of days before my O-A visa expires and return a week later. What do I tell Thai customs at the airport in Bangkok so that I'll be in good standing to go to Immigration and apply for an O visa? In case it's relevant, my citizenship is USA.

A visa exempt allows a 45 day stay (30 after March 31st) in the country without a visa needed. Since you are from the US you qualify for one.

You will get a 45 day arrival stamp at airport immigration.

You could then apply for a non-o visa at your local immigration office up to the last 15 days of the 45 days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa exempt allows a 45 day stay (30 after March 31st) in the country without a visa needed. Since you are from the US you qualify for one.

You will get a 45 day arrival stamp at airport immigration.

You could then apply for a non-o visa at your local immigration office up to the last 15 days of the 45 days.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I assume "up to the last 15 days" means I should apply before the last 15 days. Is that right?

This year I entered Thailand at SVB and was given 30 day non-visa entry.  

Subsequently I went to my local I/O (Phayao) and was given a 90 day Non-Imm O visa, but had to show 800K in my bank (as for Retirement visa). 

Last week this non O vas given an extension for Retirement for 1 year, as normal  (I have held Retirement isa before)  but again required to get bank letters confirming 800K 

I never used an agent but did all the work myself

I/O was well aware of procedure to change visa exempt entry to Non O.  I was charged 10K baht, 2K for visa and 8K for "Services" (they filled in all the forms for me.

Considering how many restrictions/requirements RTE in London were asking for a Non IM visa, I am happy with this and consider it a bargain.

If one enters Thailand as visa exempt, the form used to apply for a NON-O visa is TM87 (Application for Visa).  The TM87 form has the following field:

"kind of visa"

I'd guess one would write NON-O in this field. Is that right?

everyone keeps saying to convert to a non O visa you need 800,000 in the bank

BUT be aware, as from what i learned after Specific questioning, the 800,000 MUST come from a bank transfer from OUT of Thailand

............5.3 from Ubon's link above

Edited by zzzzz

10 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

BUT be aware, as from what i learned after Specific questioning, the 800,000 MUST come from a bank transfer from OUT of Thailand

That is for those that just entered the country.

If you have had the 800k baht in the bank for a long time they will waive the transferred from abroad requirement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robin said:

This year I entered Thailand at SVB and was given 30 day non-visa entry.  

Subsequently I went to my local I/O (Phayao) and was given a 90 day Non-Imm O visa, but had to show 800K in my bank (as for Retirement visa). 

Last week this non O vas given an extension for Retirement for 1 year, as normal  (I have held Retirement isa before)  but again required to get bank letters confirming 800K 

I never used an agent but did all the work myself

I/O was well aware of procedure to change visa exempt entry to Non O.  I was charged 10K baht, 2K for visa and 8K for "Services" (they filled in all the forms for me.

Considering how many restrictions/requirements RTE in London were asking for a Non IM visa, I am happy with this and consider it a bargain.

When you entered Thailand recently were you required to show any proof of health insurance, for example, short-term travel insurance covering Covid? Also, were you required to show a vaccine certificate?

15 minutes ago, eboy said:

When you entered Thailand recently were you required to show any proof of health insurance, for example, short-term travel insurance covering Covid? Also, were you required to show a vaccine certificate?

None of those are required to enter the country now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

None of those are required to enter the country now.

Do you know if Cambodia requires health insurance and/or a vaccine certificate for a short-term visit? I figure I'll go there before re-entering Thailand as visa exempt.