Patpong

JimTripper

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wwhat would you have done ?

Pat pong is not the place to get onto a confrontation , especially is a dodgy bar upstairs that locks its customers in and they would be quite used to people not wanting to pay padded bills and I wouldnt have gained anything by staying around for more violence

Ask for beer price up front

Pay as you go

Or walk out immediately

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

you'll get no argument from me, the old days were definitely better. but I'm here now and making do as best I can. 

20 years ago you were 20 years younger. Everything was better when younger. Patpong was always known as a low class sleazy area. It was rubbish 20 years ago, you just didnt care cause you were younger.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

20 years ago there was a disco, maybe something to do with satan or hell, free to get in and was pretty good for picking up girls who didn't want paying, at least i was never asked to pay. similar to the nana disco which was awesome for picking up girls who just wanted to hangout/sleep with a foreigner, not for money, those were great times.

Lucifer

• Like 2

Japanese St seemed more than that to me. I mean when you walk down the street and all the girls holler at the Asian guys in front of you, then immediately turn to their phones as the farang walks past it’s a little off putting.

I think the bars are instructing the girls to not make eye contact with farang, maybe because the Japanese are comfortable with their own kind in the bar.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

Cosmos opposite Foodland is closed.  I know the owner and he will not re-open.  The girls that worked there are now spread out in and around Papong.  

It's gonna take another year or 2, before it comes 1/2 back to once it once was.

Since Papong is privately owned, the family has no incentives to offer breaks as they made millions in rent over the years.  I lived there from '15-2021 and before Covid it was jamming.  I'm returning next month so i can update you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, it is what it is said:

20 years ago there was a disco, maybe something to do with satan or hell, free to get in and was pretty good for picking up girls who didn't want paying, at least i was never asked to pay. similar to the nana disco which was awesome for picking up girls who just wanted to hangout/sleep with a foreigner, not for money, those were great times.

Lucifer.

9 hours ago, South said:

Didn't really go to the bars on the 4 Sois, not my thing but there was a at the time, a great farang bar in the underground car park .... can't remember the name of it. Anybody remember it? The rest of Patpong before the market was just a cesspit. The only other good bar was Nariagos or however you spell it on Soi 4, had to run the gauntlet of gay bars first but great live music in there. Was a while ago now.

Bobby's Arms.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Kangaroo Club (2nd floor) back in the late 70's/80's was the raunchiest place ever.

Basically open 24 hours, girls sleeping on the floor. Go up at 7/8am, pick a girl off the floor, go and do your business (500 baht) in probably the horriblest toilet in Patpong. Those were the days.

Terrible, no one should have to pay 500 baht to go to the hong nam.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He said he didn't like Pattaya and left quickly in a different thread, so I doubt he knows much if anything about the bar scene in Thailand.

I can't work out why his game is apart from bombastically saying "black" any time someone says "white". 

His farang are devils, Thais are angels schtick is wearing a bit thin. 

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Those were the up stairs gogos. Street level was pretty safe and in the end pretty boring. IMO the horrid night market kept customers for the gogos away and a lot became bag shops.

Nana was always heaps better than Patpong in the past 30 years.

Friend of mine knew a girl worked in the Japanese street. Apparently it wasn't that they didn't want farangs, but the prices were too steep for them. They certainly had the very best looking girls as the bars had a gaggle of girls outside touting for customers and I used to walk along it for the visual experience.

I got told last night that the night market is slated to return on December 8. 

I honestly have no way of verifying that info so only time will tell.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you referring to a Soi 4 near Patpong? Can't say I was familiar with such. The only collection of gay bars that I know of were Boys Town in Pattaya and a plaza in Pattaya I don't remember the name of.

I don't know what these guys are referring to. Either they're making up stories or there's a code I was never introduced to. 

4 Sois, what does that mean? Patpong, Patpong 2, Thaniya and Soi 4 maybe? Doesn't make much sense to me as they are totally separate entertainment areas.  

According to the OP "Patpong" includes "Japanese St". I've always heard it referred to by it's actual name which is Thaniya. 

I've yet to try and visit any adult-oriented establishments on Thaniya. What's the point of going somewhere where you're not wanted and aren't willing to splash the cash like the Japanese guys do. Well I'm assuming that that's what they do in their snack bars based on the way they behave at Pink Panther. 

It is widely accepted that the girls sitting outside ignore farang and this has been my experience too, although I have made eye contact with a smile on my face a few times and gotten a smile back. 

I was also invited to enter a couple of premises about 6 months ago. I guess Covid had made them desperate for whatever trash they can pick up off the street ????

I declined the offers out of principle and also because the "snack bar" concept doesn't really appeal to me. 

Soi 2? I heard it's totally gay but I've never been there to check it out because I'm not gay so it's kind of pointless. I was hoping to check it out with a friend who came up from Jakarta but he's got himself a new boyfriend down there and was being faithful lol.

All I know about it is that at 2am closing a mass of people spill out onto Silom and the waiting tuk tuks and taxis and private cars just about turn the road into a parking lot.

Soi 4? I heard it is more mixed than gay and it seems to be busier than Patpong when I walk past it. Again, even though I'm "rainbow friendly" haven't been there because it's not my scene. 

There's also a small gay scene on Surawong Soi 37 aka Soi Tantawan. The couple of boys clubs there have pictures of these big muscly dudes who spend far too much time in the gym. Again, not my thing so haven't been inside to check if the real thing is as advertised or if they're doing a McDonald's menu bait and switch. 

As mentioned earlier I was out on Patpong last night and despite the claims otherwise I saw no "encroachment" of LB bars. 

There is, however, a new gay club on the soi that connects PP1 and PP2. The one that is to the north of Foodland. They have an illuminated sign with a picture of a bunch of boys at the bottom and a couple of drag queens at the to so I guess they do a cabaret show at some point in the evening. 

Perhaps that's what the other poster meant by "encroachment" of LB bars because he's too ignorant to know the difference between a drag queen and a ladyboy. 

I also seriously doubt that the one or two upstairs bars that are operating are still doing that 3,000 baht bar tab scam. One upstairs-only bar that is a little bit south of Tip Top (sorry, got drunk and forgot the name) actually has a ticket booth at the bottom of the stairs which I found quite amusing from my vantage point at the bar next door. 

I didn't see any customers actually go inside, just a farang couple who seemed to be quibbling about the price. They tried to entice me in but again I declined. I'm not a fan of paying to get inside a club and since they didn't offer me a hansum man/local resident discount I just smiled and walked on up the road to Pink Panther where I stayed until 2am close. 

So I kinda failed last night, I was hoping to visit a few more bars than I did.  Sorry fellas, I'll try harder next time ????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Soi 2? I heard it's totally gay but I've never been there to check it out because I'm not gay so it's kind of pointless. I was hoping to check it out with a friend who came up from Jakarta but he's got himself a new boyfriend down there and was being faithful lol.

So you are not gay but you were thinking of going to a gay bar with your gay friend , but decided not to go to a gay bar with your gay friend because he wanted to remain faithful to his boyfriend?

Have I got that straight ?

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So you are not gay but you were thinking of going to a gay bar with your gay friend , but decided not to go to a gay bar with your gay friend because he wanted to remain faithful to his boyfriend?

Have I got that straight ?

You don't have to be gay to go to gay bars, they don't ask your preferences at the door. I go to gay bars with my gay friend when we occasionally meet up and if he feels so inclined. I'm not a 'phobe. I've had a good time, especially in Cambodia a few years ago. A German guy running a Ponzi scheme opened all the gay bars on a street whose number escapes me. It was within walking distance of Street 182.

However they hold no interest for me if I'm by myself. Thai gay bars even less so, to me the boys just aren't as cute as Indonesia or Cambodia.

My friend hasn't had a boyfriend/partner for a while so I assumed that when he came up here to visit his older brother and his Thai sis-in-law that we'd do the family thing first, then hit Soi 2 for some boy action. I'd like to see the Silom Soi 2 scene firsthand instead of relying on others' opinions.

But then he decides to tell us he's in a new relationship and has abandoned his former ways. I'm disappoint ????

Edited by Lemsta69

On 11/19/2022 at 10:35 AM, Kenny202 said:

Ive never been there 10 yrs living in Thailand. Only thing about Patpong I ever read where ping pong shows and people going in for one or two drinks and getting stitched up for several hundred dollars. Maybe not like that anymore

It was never like that in all of the bars, only a few upstairs bars fell into that category.   

"Ive never been there 10 yrs living in Thailand".

Someone who has never been there shouldn't be suggesting, by writing "Maybe it's not like that anymore" that the whole place ever was "like that".

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:57 PM, Sparktrader said:
On 11/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, Lemsta69 said:

Didn't worry me because I'm easy but if it's not your thing then no point going.

So what happens?

Whatever you want!     You could have your a_rse smacked by girls with faces like smacked a_rses, that was/is one of the options.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 11/20/2022 at 2:23 AM, South said:

Didn't really go to the bars on the 4 Sois, not my thing but there was a at the time, a great farang bar in the underground car park .... can't remember the name of it. Anybody remember it?

There were never "4 Patpong sois", only the privately owned PP1 and PP2, any other sois were Silom sois. 

Bobby Arms was in the car park, it wasn't underground, though..

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1