Patpong

JimTripper

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There was a Korean guy who was getting charged 3000 Baht for a few beers and when he finally paid , they unlocked the front door to let him out , I took that opportunity to run out the door and escape and I chucked them 100 Baht for my beer and had a bit of a scuffle getting out the door  the ladyboy then come out and started trying to slash me with the razor blade whilst running after me as I ran down the stairs , I ran all the way to the tourist police car and went and stood with them for a while

Thats funny. Skinny Brit running from ladyboy.

Did you not ask the beer prices up front?

55 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wwhat would you have done ?

Pat pong is not the place to get onto a confrontation , especially is a dodgy bar upstairs that locks its customers in and they would be quite used to people not wanting to pay padded bills and I wouldnt have gained anything by staying around for more violence

Aah the good old days ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

You're talking about Silom sois. Sparktrader was referring to Patpong which I assumed meant PP1 AND PP2.

I'm on PP2 now. Send me ten grand and I'll visit every bar to make sure that they're not all gay ????

10,000 Vietnamese dong ok? 

Didn't really go to the bars on the 4 Sois, not my thing but there was a at the time, a great farang bar in the underground car park .... can't remember the name of it. Anybody remember it? The rest of Patpong before the market was just a cesspit. The only other good bar was Nariagos or however you spell it on Soi 4, had to run the gauntlet of gay bars first but great live music in there. Was a while ago now.

Edited by South
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Ive never been there 10 yrs living in Thailand. Only thing about Patpong I ever read where ping pong shows and people going in for one or two drinks and getting stitched up for several hundred dollars. Maybe not like that anymore

Those were the up stairs gogos. Street level was pretty safe and in the end pretty boring. IMO the horrid night market kept customers for the gogos away and a lot became bag shops.

Nana was always heaps better than Patpong in the past 30 years.

Friend of mine knew a girl worked in the Japanese street. Apparently it wasn't that they didn't want farangs, but the prices were too steep for them. They certainly had the very best looking girls as the bars had a gaggle of girls outside touting for customers and I used to walk along it for the visual experience.

3 hours ago, South said:

Didn't really go to the bars on the 4 Sois, not my thing but there was a at the time, a great farang bar in the underground car park .... can't remember the name of it. Anybody remember it? The rest of Patpong before the market was just a cesspit. The only other good bar was Nariagos or however you spell it on Soi 4, had to run the gauntlet of gay bars first but great live music in there. Was a while ago now.

Are you referring to a Soi 4 near Patpong? Can't say I was familiar with such. The only collection of gay bars that I know of were Boys Town in Pattaya and a plaza in Pattaya I don't remember the name of.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

13 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

It never was exclusively like that. It was rocking 20 years ago but is unfortunately a shadow of its former self these days.

First time I went to Thailand in the 70s I was on a bus tour from Singapore. One of the guys had a book about Patpong, and it was a pretty hard place back then. One of the stories in the book was about a bar girl set another bargirl's hair on fire because she "stole" her customer.

I wanted to go there but the bus driver persuaded a few of us to go to a GI bar where the GIs had sex in curtained booths and they had a live sex show ( not very good though ). The driver probably got a commission for taking us there. I'd probably have enjoyed myself more at Patpong.

9 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Right now there is possibly only 1 bar on pp1 like that.  If they adverty pingpong they are 3000 baht beers 

The KIngs group upstairs bars had ping pong shows and reasonable prices, but I'd never have gone in any of the others.

I only went a couple of times because the girls were too pushy.

Downstairs was better and Cowboy was better than them and then I discovered Nana. Never went anywhere else after.

12 hours ago, it is what it is said:

20 years ago there was a disco, maybe something to do with satan or hell, free to get in and was pretty good for picking up girls who didn't want paying, at least i was never asked to pay. similar to the nana disco which was awesome for picking up girls who just wanted to hangout/sleep with a foreigner, not for money, those were great times.

Sitting in tip top I have wondered if that is what is going to get farang back to patpong.  Not so much disco and definitely not the EDM <deleted> but a bar that you can dance at and relax.

The bar on PP1 that was there was great for rock music and you could sit and enjoy a beer or drink.